[Server][Game] Extreme Survival

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by BBmine » Post

Crushing furnace is an unknown item :(

EDIT: It works, but the texture isn't there.
Attachments
screenshot_20171108_152108.png
screenshot_20171108_152108.png (167 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

The verse goes with the EMS tip :D
Attachments
screenshot_20171108_152334.png
screenshot_20171108_152334.png (337.9 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

BBmine wrote:Crushing furnace is an unknown item :(

EDIT: It works, but the texture isn't there.
I had to replace, I made an alias error. :/ you git INFINIUM BLOCK for the troubles.
Also, I like how the verse matched the tip!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by maikerumine » Post

SUNSET!

The subgame has been finalized and locked, all future dev will be in ESM5.
The server has been started over as well, with the new ESM5 game.viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18880

Old map is frozen and may run on a backup server running ESM 4.16 in the next few weeks.

Located here:
Browse crappy code
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5
Download
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5/archive/master.zip

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

maikerumine wrote:SUNSET!

The subgame has been finalized and locked, all future dev will be in ESM5.
The server has been started over as well, with the new ESM5 game.viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18880

Old map is frozen and may run on a backup server running ESM 4.16 in the next few weeks.

Located here:
Browse crappy code
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5
Download
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5/archive/master.zip
Wait, ESM City is gone?? :'(

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

sorcerykid wrote: And of course, I am ever so happy that the long-defunct mob spawner was removed from in front of my Salvation Army store. I didn't even have to ask; it was like a dream come true!
:-) Poor sheep! They felt so happy around your farm house. Are you sure you weren't secretly feeding them?
maikerumine wrote: Old map is frozen and may run on a backup server running ESM 4.16 in the next few weeks.
At least it seems to be saved somewhere. Yet from what I remember of visiting the server what had been built wasn't bad. It's a pity if it's lost.

If the main focus of the game lies on surviving amongst very hostile mobs, decorative nodes are less in demand than on other servers. Right now, joining the server takes quite some time. Walking around is very demanding for my machine which currently can't really cope with the setup. Other servers are no problem. I'm still on 0.4.16. Item drop is also very annoying.

There also ought to be a way to encourage players to settle somewhere close together. The current spawn is not particulary inviting. There are travelnets, but it's going to take a long time till individual homes can be equipped with them. I've written a village type called "empty" some time ago for mg_villages. It's a village where there's only a spawn building and plots to rent. Players like to meet each other.
A list of my mods can be found here.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Hey maike, if you plan on reviving the original ESM down the road, could you please find a way to limit the growth of fistulina hepatica, mycena chlorophos panellus pusillus, armillaria mellea, and ivy? A lot of my builds incorporate trees and leaves, so they are susceptible to being griefed by such uncontrolled vegetation as you can see here:

Sokomine wrote:
sorcerykid wrote: And of course, I am ever so happy that the long-defunct mob spawner was removed from in front of my Salvation Army store. I didn't even have to ask; it was like a dream come true!
:-) Poor sheep! They felt so happy around your farm house. Are you sure you weren't secretly feeding them?
I think you are confusing my farm house on Banana Land :P

Here I was faced with hoards of angry stone monsters, I suppose the sheep and cows do make better neighbors. But yes, it does seem that I have a penchant of settling down next to mob spawners >.<

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

sorcerykid wrote: Here I was faced with hoards of angry stone monsters, I suppose the sheep and cows do make better neighbors. But yes, it does seem that I have a penchant of settling down next to mob spawners >.<
Oh, er, yes. Sorry for that. The sheep certainly do behave better than stone mobs, but you complained about their presence as well. They where admittedly rapidly multiplying. You ought to value the sheep and cows more and teach the stone mobs to behave :) I'd love to have a way to pacify mobs. mg_villages even comes with an entire village type for sandmobs. If only the sandmobs knew about this...
A list of my mods can be found here.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Hey maike, if you plan on reviving the original ESM down the road, could you please find a way to limit the growth of fistulina hepatica, mycena chlorophos panellus pusillus, armillaria mellea, and ivy? A lot of my builds incorporate trees and leaves, so they are susceptible to being griefed by such uncontrolled vegetation as you can see here:

Sokomine wrote:

Here I was faced with hoards of angry stone monsters, I suppose the sheep and cows do make better neighbors. But yes, it does seem that I have a penchant of settling down next to mob spawners >.<
Oh geez I don't I didn't realize that this became a problem I thought it was only the actual trees that grow the fungus yikes what I will do is I will try to rewrite that mod that to maybe turn those notes off during direct sunlight or create an alias to delete those it's going to take some time I still have to rework the map and put it on the other machine in the basement thanks for pointing this out soon as we can I will work on it

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

UPDATE!

The "Sorcerykid update" :) I stopped nsspf growth and added a special wood block you can craft with a boneblock to make a wood that doesn't grow moss or fungus for your homes and buildings. It is also reverse craftable, and you will not lose your boneblock in the process, for fast stack crafting.

Also updated the mobs and did some more minor tweaks.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Hey maike, if you plan on reviving the original ESM down the road, could you please find a way to limit the growth of fistulina hepatica, mycena chlorophos panellus pusillus, armillaria mellea, and ivy? A lot of my builds incorporate trees and leaves, so they are susceptible to being griefed by such uncontrolled vegetation as you can see here:

Sokomine wrote:

I fixeded them. :)
Attachments
screenshot_20171206_005229.png
screenshot_20171206_005229.png (411.68 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by Fixer » Post

Is this server actually running?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:Is this server actually running?
Yes, port 30001

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Thanks for your help maike! I hope to continue working on the city again very soon. I just keep getting sidetracked with so many different projects on my plate.

It's also remarkable how that screenshot you took is framed almost exactly like this screenshot of my original build of Lakeland City that I captured in WorldCraft back in 2015.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Thanks for your help maike! I hope to continue working on the city again very soon. I just keep getting sidetracked with so many different projects on my plate.

It's also remarkable how that screenshot you took is framed almost exactly like this screenshot of my original build of Lakeland City that I captured in WorldCraft back in 2015.

Whoah!! That was made in tablet!!?? Impressive!!!!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Major updates ensue.
This baby is coming back, currently running in construction mode there are many builds I need to world edit back in and there will be a great change to the economy. This migration is going to take a few weeks.

I am very incredibly busy at work so time is little, but this will be completed.

Look forward to a FULL ESM with some interesting add-ons.

This server will not be tablet friendly and will move to 0.5.0 when stable is released. Support for 0.4.16 will carry on.

Thanks for the patience.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Please stop using blockmen hudbars, it is no longer supported and broken in many places.

fstltna
GitHub: fstltna
IRC: MarisaG
In-game: MarisaG

by fstltna » Post

very nice!
---- https://MineCity.online - Fan site for Minetest - get Minetest Hosting with first month FREE & $14/month after that
---- https://discord.gg/Bd4Xw9c - Minecity Discord Server - Join today!
---- http://MineCity.online:2000 - Get a free @minecity.online email address

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Wrekin' Servers since 2015. Muahahaha!
Attachments
112.png
112.png (4.89 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
screenshot_20171213_130019.png
screenshot_20171213_130019.png (1013.51 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

When you get a chance, could you take a look at the protection near my cabin? It seem there is some overlap with the ADMIN pro blocks, and I'm unable dig or place anything beyond the front door. Thanks!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:When you get a chance, could you take a look at the protection near my cabin? It seem there is some overlap with the ADMIN pro blocks, and I'm unable dig or place anything beyond the front door. Thanks!
Certainly!

Currently server is running in lockdown mode, anything within 1500 meters is protected.

I need to do drastic work in this area and cannot have changes, however chests are accessible!

Server is going to be ready in a few weeks.

dark-lord
GitHub: fofsal
IRC: vladp
In-game: dark-lord

by dark-lord » Post

maikerumine, now this server is not working. server closed forever or it will be work someday?

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Wish this server was back online!

maikerumine

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival (mt-0.4.9)

by maikerumine » Post

[UPDATE]
20200108--
I decided to re-do this game from scratch and start on a very old (MT 0.4.9) version for that good old nostalgia feel. :)
Server is up at esmine.net port: 30000
You must join on either:
minetest 0.4.9
minetest 0.4.10
minetest 0.4.11
minetest 0.4.12

newer versions like 0.4.14 cause your client to crash out.

Currently in DEV mode to tweak main mods and fix some bugs. This is a very slimmed down version and aims to be as intended. Stay tuned.

Thank you for the inspiration to kick the tires again on this project, SorceryKid.
:)
Attachments
screenshot_2695516055.png
screenshot_2695516055.png (223.18 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

sorcerykid

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival (mt-0.4.9)

by sorcerykid » Post

First to post, Wh00t!

So great to experience some Minetest nostalgia again. Now to get my hands on an old client so I can check it out :)