[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.31.0]

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Golden apple the water bottle and the glistering melon doesn't gave a proper function yet because they are used for brewing in which Wuzzy hasn't done yet. He is focusing on redstone for now then he'll get to it soon enough.
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

GamingAssociation39: Posting an error message without any context does not help me much. Did you have any mods enabled?
Also, what are the last 20 or so lines in debug.txt after this message appeared?

GamingAssociation39

Attachments
Screenshot (104).png
Screenshot (104).png (373.16 KiB) Viewed 789 times

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Delete Mineclone2, and re-install it, your world should still be there afterwards.
What is SCP-055?

sil_el_mot
In-game: sil_el_mot

by sil_el_mot » Post

Hey there.
Where can i adjust the spawnrate of the animals?
they are far to many.
or is this smth the Wuzzy has to change?

Attachments
2muchAnimals
2muchAnimals
screenshot_20171130_211201.png (675.29 KiB) Viewed 789 times

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

I felt this way at first, too. But for some reason there now seem to be less. May be automatic for new worlds. Just ride it out.
Last edited by zargulthewizard on Fri Dec 01, 2017 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
May God be with you, always.

Punk

by Punk » Post

Nether portal works after I posted, size wasn't precise.
You cheated by using F5, didn't you? xD
Well, I never see it like a cheat...
Works for me. For any questions regarding items, refer to the built-in help (click on the question mark).
Anyway, bows will probably be replaced later so if there is really a bug, it will be gone either way.
In same world-test, swords didn't works too, some specif bug in creative mode, maybe.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Bows and swords work for me in any mode. Sorry, I can't reproduce your bug. :-(

Also, I confirm that you should always delete the MineClone 2 directory before extracting the new version. This is true for basically all subgames which you download from Zip files. That's because some old files might still be around from the old version, causing conflicts.

I wish that Minetest had a proper way to install subgames and mods.

GamingAssociation39

Wuzzy wrote:Also, I confirm that you should always delete the MineClone 2 directory before extracting the new version. This is true for basically all subgames which you download from Zip files. That's because some old files might still be around from the old version, causing conflicts.

I've always just overwrite the old files of a subgame with the new ones. It just broke this time around.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:...you should always delete the MineClone 2 directory before extracting the new version. ...because some old files might still be around from the old version, causing conflicts.
I've always just overwrite the old files of a subgame with the new ones. It just broke this time around.
GA39, your way works when a new version only consists of changes to existing files and the addition of new files. Where the error comes in is if a new version no longer uses a file in the old version. That old file hangs around and can create issues after extracting the zip of a new version.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

GamingAssociation39

Oh ok the new update was conflicting with the boats.

Qbiq
In-game: Qbiq

by Qbiq » Post

Hi. I have two issues, one of which maybe be fixable but I'm unaware how to fix it. I did do a search, but didn't get any useful returns.

EDIT - My search was too specific. Found the command /set -n time_speed <speed>. I didn't have to do this before. Now that time is fixed, I will see if mobs are working.

EDIT 2 - Mobs now spawn, however they now spawn even during the day and seem not to die off in the day. Overall though, it seems to be working better.

This version of MineClone 2 always stay at 9:00; i.e. infinite day. I've only had one hostile mob spawn after playing for at least an hour and a half. This is one mob out of the two games I've started. I've went in dark areas, waited for rain, and have been caving yet I've only had 1 zombie spawn out of the total play time (~2:45-3:15).

I have played a previous version of MineClone 2. The previous verison would play, the time would be active, and it would spawn mobs (be it day, raining, night, etc -- according to light-level); however after a bit of gameplay it would become excessively laggy (like 3-4 minutes for response time). This version also had either identical or very similar to Minecraft skins. I'm guessing this was change due to copyright

Punk

by Punk » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Bows and swords work for me in any mode. Sorry, I can't reproduce your bug. :-(

Also, I confirm that you should always delete the MineClone 2 directory before extracting the new version. This is true for basically all subgames which you download from Zip files. That's because some old files might still be around from the old version, causing conflicts.

I always do it!

Sword don't works only once, but I can confirm, bow and arrows didn't work for me in any world and mode. I can't kill a simple pig or any monster with them. Skeleton cans hurt me with them.

Punk

by Punk » Post

Other question: Does this subgame changes the original minetest size world?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The sword might have been lag? No idea. If it only happened once … Weird.
As I said, bows need a rework anyway.

No, subgame changes themselves don't change the size of the world. At least not directly. The world size is much more affected if you explore the world a lot, and change large areas of the world. But I don't know much about the inner workings of Minetest, you should also ask a core dev.

Punk

by Punk » Post

Wuzzy wrote:The sword might have been lag? No idea. If it only happened once … Weird.
It was weird indeed. I don't remember what I was testing in the creative mode, I couldn't kill any creatures and they did not chase me, even the aggressive. Can noclip cheat does it?

PS: I tried create Nether portal and other things.
As I said, bows need a rework anyway.
Ok, but it works for other players, I think. It's weird too.
No, subgame changes themselves don't change the size of the world. At least not directly. The world size is much more affected if you explore the world a lot, and change large areas of the world. But I don't know much about the inner workings of Minetest, you should also ask a core dev.
Right, thank you!
As I said, I never played Minecraft to do a good comparison.

GamingAssociation39

What's coming up next as far as updates?

zargulthewizard

I second the crowding-in-on-wuzzy-to-get-him-to-give-us-nerds-a-sneak-preview motion mentioned above. Redstone? Controlled army mobs (BTW, MC redstone torches strongly attract such)? Brewing? Enchantment? Adjusted allocation of nodemap memory block #4287? Support for antidisestablishemtarianism emulator?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

You are very impatient, aren't you? :P

But yeah, there's something to write.
After many, many months, I have finally decided to drop one of the key principles of MCL2 development: Trying to almost religiously clone Minecraft, at least in gameplay. To some extent, I have already violated this principle a long time ago. At least adding any non-MC blocks was considered a complete taboo.
But this will now change: From now on it will be okay if I don't copy the gameplay perfectly.
The reason is that I simply run into more and more problems with this strictness, and I already ran multiple times into Minetest's limitations.

The motto of the original MineClone was “Perfect Clone or Minecraft-like?”. I have never really answered this question for MineClone 2 so far, but now I think I'll tend to “Minecraft-like”, but probably still pretty close to Minecraft.

Not much actually happened so far. I'm still officially in cleanup/bugfix mode. Also I was busy with very important stuff, like building stuff on JT2, watching movies or just doing absolutely nothing.

I have added river water to properly support the valleys mapgen. This is obviously a very major break from MC, but this is only for the valleys mapgen. Normal water just doesn't work in valleys, and other alternatives aren't better (I tried). This decision wasn't easy to me, but I think the end result is better for the valleys mapgen.
If you used valleys before, you probably noticed that water was kinda wrong. Nothing will change if you play in any other mapgen (unless you enable Creative Mode).

Then I recently decided to add the “glaring omissions” of Minecraft: stairs, slabs, fences and fence gates which don't exist in MC. The stuff you have in mcl_supplemental already.

I don't plan to make other gameplay changes yet. Also, I haven't really fleshed out the new development direction of MCL2 (which I definitely should do soon).

Updates of next release won't follow any particular theme. Mostly fixes.

Note if you're really impatient you can always read the commit log (click the Git link in 1st post). Most commit messages should be understandable to everyone. No need to nag me each day. :P

GamingAssociation39

Ok lol I don't think there's a right way or a wrong way to do it. To me as long as it has that MC feel to it then it's fine because MC has mods that add different things to the game. Just my opinion. :)

zargulthewizard

I always wondered. What is river water?
By the way, minecraft has "flowing" and "stationary" water.

GamingAssociation39

River water is what's in MineTest_game

zargulthewizard

I mean what does it do differently than normal water? I'd expect the flowing algorithm is differentl.

GamingAssociation39

Yeah it's probably supposed to be fresh water and because it has to flow down mountains/through valleys it probably moves faster.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

river water just only flows three blocks away and isn't renewable. It is here to avoid huge bugs and ABMs fails in valley mapgen.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!