poikilos
GitHub: Poikilos
In-game: Poikilos

Re: [Mod] Birthstones [birthstones]

by poikilos » Post

I forked this & implemented many fixes mentioned above (& all standard tools):
Download: https://github.com/expertmm/minetest-birthstones/archive/master.zip
or Browse: https://github.com/expertmm/minetest-birthstones

I am working on glooptest compatibility (will not require glooptest). There are code changes in order to be more maintainable, but aliases are present for full backward compatibility (fully tested in a world where I had all items and blocks from the 2012 version). Check GitHub for additional improvements in the near future.

drkwv
GitHub: aa6

by drkwv » Post

Nice mod. I like the ore textures. Some gem blocks colours are also nice. It was a bit disappointing that it is impossible to put gems itself on the ground as a standalone block.

poikilos
GitHub: Poikilos
In-game: Poikilos

by poikilos » Post

drkwv wrote:Nice mod. I like the ore textures. Some gem blocks colours are also nice. It was a bit disappointing that it is impossible to put gems itself on the ground as a standalone block.
That would require making a model in the exact shape of item sprite, or making a fancy (3d) version of each gem which I am currently working on as I redo the item sprites, but it's a very cool suggestion that I'll consider in my fork--thanks.

:edit: I enabled the Issues feature on my (fork) GitHub repo and added your feature request here

Gibeinumo

by Gibeinumo » Post

I played with this mod for a while and only found Alexandrite. That is why I replaced the custom ore generation with new code. I now encounter every kind of birthstone.
Attachments
oregen.zip
(442 Bytes) Downloaded 57 times

goldcrest42
GitHub: claretty

by goldcrest42 » Post

sap_zir.zip
Sapphire and zircon
(13.75 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Thanks for that 'oregen', Gibeinumo. Much better, I can now find opals (in areas I hadn't visited and therefore not yet created by Minetest)!

I've been playing with the ore textures and have a couple of variations to offer, which I hope improve on the sapphire and zircon ores. I've tried them in my own system and they seem OK. If you'd like to try them, note that the ' copy' should be removed from the filenames.
Beware of programmers with soldering irons!