[SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

User avatar
BBmine
Member
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 22:51
Location: USA
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by BBmine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 21:22

Crushing furnace is an unknown item :(
Image

EDIT: It works, but the texture isn't there.
Attachments
screenshot_20171108_152108.png
(167 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
BBmine
Member
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 22:51
Location: USA
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by maikerumine » Sat Nov 11, 2017 21:04

BBmine wrote:Crushing furnace is an unknown item :(
Image

EDIT: It works, but the texture isn't there.

I had to replace, I made an alias error. :/ you git INFINIUM BLOCK for the troubles.
Also, I like how the verse matched the tip!
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by maikerumine » Fri Nov 24, 2017 22:48

SUNSET!

The subgame has been finalized and locked, all future dev will be in ESM5.
The server has been started over as well, with the new ESM5 game.https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18880

Old map is frozen and may run on a backup server running ESM 4.16 in the next few weeks.

Located here:
Browse crappy code
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5
Download
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5/archive/master.zip
 

User avatar
BBmine
Member
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 22:51
Location: USA
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by BBmine » Sat Nov 25, 2017 00:20

maikerumine wrote:SUNSET!

The subgame has been finalized and locked, all future dev will be in ESM5.
The server has been started over as well, with the new ESM5 game.https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18880

Old map is frozen and may run on a backup server running ESM 4.16 in the next few weeks.

Located here:
Browse crappy code
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5
Download
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5/archive/master.zip

Wait, ESM City is gone?? :'(
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by Sokomine » Sat Dec 02, 2017 19:29

sorcerykid wrote:And of course, I am ever so happy that the long-defunct mob spawner was removed from in front of my Salvation Army store. I didn't even have to ask; it was like a dream come true!

:-) Poor sheep! They felt so happy around your farm house. Are you sure you weren't secretly feeding them?

maikerumine wrote:Old map is frozen and may run on a backup server running ESM 4.16 in the next few weeks.

At least it seems to be saved somewhere. Yet from what I remember of visiting the server what had been built wasn't bad. It's a pity if it's lost.

If the main focus of the game lies on surviving amongst very hostile mobs, decorative nodes are less in demand than on other servers. Right now, joining the server takes quite some time. Walking around is very demanding for my machine which currently can't really cope with the setup. Other servers are no problem. I'm still on 0.4.16. Item drop is also very annoying.

There also ought to be a way to encourage players to settle somewhere close together. The current spawn is not particulary inviting. There are travelnets, but it's going to take a long time till individual homes can be equipped with them. I've written a village type called "empty" some time ago for mg_villages. It's a village where there's only a spawn building and plots to rent. Players like to meet each other.
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
sorcerykid
Member
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 15:36
Location: Illinois, USA
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by sorcerykid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 20:03

Hey maike, if you plan on reviving the original ESM down the road, could you please find a way to limit the growth of fistulina hepatica, mycena chlorophos panellus pusillus, armillaria mellea, and ivy? A lot of my builds incorporate trees and leaves, so they are susceptible to being griefed by such uncontrolled vegetation as you can see here:

Image

Sokomine wrote:
sorcerykid wrote:And of course, I am ever so happy that the long-defunct mob spawner was removed from in front of my Salvation Army store. I didn't even have to ask; it was like a dream come true!

:-) Poor sheep! They felt so happy around your farm house. Are you sure you weren't secretly feeding them?


I think you are confusing my farm house on Banana Land :P

Here I was faced with hoards of angry stone monsters, I suppose the sheep and cows do make better neighbors. But yes, it does seem that I have a penchant of settling down next to mob spawners >.<
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by Sokomine » Sat Dec 02, 2017 20:53

sorcerykid wrote:Here I was faced with hoards of angry stone monsters, I suppose the sheep and cows do make better neighbors. But yes, it does seem that I have a penchant of settling down next to mob spawners >.<

Oh, er, yes. Sorry for that. The sheep certainly do behave better than stone mobs, but you complained about their presence as well. They where admittedly rapidly multiplying. You ought to value the sheep and cows more and teach the stone mobs to behave :) I'd love to have a way to pacify mobs. mg_villages even comes with an entire village type for sandmobs. If only the sandmobs knew about this...
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by maikerumine » Sun Dec 03, 2017 18:17

sorcerykid wrote:Hey maike, if you plan on reviving the original ESM down the road, could you please find a way to limit the growth of fistulina hepatica, mycena chlorophos panellus pusillus, armillaria mellea, and ivy? A lot of my builds incorporate trees and leaves, so they are susceptible to being griefed by such uncontrolled vegetation as you can see here:

Image

Sokomine wrote:
sorcerykid wrote:And of course, I am ever so happy that the long-defunct mob spawner was removed from in front of my Salvation Army store. I didn't even have to ask; it was like a dream come true!

:-) Poor sheep! They felt so happy around your farm house. Are you sure you weren't secretly feeding them?


I think you are confusing my farm house on Banana Land :P

Here I was faced with hoards of angry stone monsters, I suppose the sheep and cows do make better neighbors. But yes, it does seem that I have a penchant of settling down next to mob spawners >.<

Oh geez I don't I didn't realize that this became a problem I thought it was only the actual trees that grow the fungus yikes what I will do is I will try to rewrite that mod that to maybe turn those notes off during direct sunlight or create an alias to delete those it's going to take some time I still have to rework the map and put it on the other machine in the basement thanks for pointing this out soon as we can I will work on it
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by maikerumine » Tue Dec 05, 2017 18:23

UPDATE!

The "Sorcerykid update" :) I stopped nsspf growth and added a special wood block you can craft with a boneblock to make a wood that doesn't grow moss or fungus for your homes and buildings. It is also reverse craftable, and you will not lose your boneblock in the process, for fast stack crafting.

Also updated the mobs and did some more minor tweaks.
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server [0.4.16]

by maikerumine » Wed Dec 06, 2017 07:33

sorcerykid wrote:Hey maike, if you plan on reviving the original ESM down the road, could you please find a way to limit the growth of fistulina hepatica, mycena chlorophos panellus pusillus, armillaria mellea, and ivy? A lot of my builds incorporate trees and leaves, so they are susceptible to being griefed by such uncontrolled vegetation as you can see here:

Image

Sokomine wrote:
sorcerykid wrote:And of course, I am ever so happy that the long-defunct mob spawner was removed from in front of my Salvation Army store. I didn't even have to ask; it was like a dream come true!

:-) Poor sheep! They felt so happy around your farm house. Are you sure you weren't secretly feeding them?


I think you are confusing my farm house on Banana Land :P

Here I was faced with hoards of angry stone monsters, I suppose the sheep and cows do make better neighbors. But yes, it does seem that I have a penchant of settling down next to mob spawners >.<


I fixeded them. :)
Image
Attachments
screenshot_20171206_005229.png
(411.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
Fixer
Member
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23
Location: Ukraine
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine
 

User avatar
sorcerykid
Member
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 15:36
Location: Illinois, USA
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by sorcerykid » Fri Dec 08, 2017 02:44

Thanks for your help maike! I hope to continue working on the city again very soon. I just keep getting sidetracked with so many different projects on my plate.

It's also remarkable how that screenshot you took is framed almost exactly like this screenshot of my original build of Lakeland City that I captured in WorldCraft back in 2015.

Image
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by maikerumine » Tue Dec 12, 2017 04:17

sorcerykid wrote:Thanks for your help maike! I hope to continue working on the city again very soon. I just keep getting sidetracked with so many different projects on my plate.

It's also remarkable how that screenshot you took is framed almost exactly like this screenshot of my original build of Lakeland City that I captured in WorldCraft back in 2015.

Image

Whoah!! That was made in tablet!!?? Impressive!!!!
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by maikerumine » Tue Dec 12, 2017 04:23

Major updates ensue.
This baby is coming back, currently running in construction mode there are many builds I need to world edit back in and there will be a great change to the economy. This migration is going to take a few weeks.

I am very incredibly busy at work so time is little, but this will be completed.

Look forward to a FULL ESM with some interesting add-ons.

This server will not be tablet friendly and will move to 0.5.0 when stable is released. Support for 0.4.16 will carry on.

Thanks for the patience.
 

User avatar
Fixer
Member
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23
Location: Ukraine
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by Fixer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 16:15

Please stop using blockmen hudbars, it is no longer supported and broken in many places.
 

User avatar
fstltna
Member
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 23:22
Location: South San Francisco, CA
GitHub: fstltna
IRC: MarisaG
In-game: MarisaG

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by fstltna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 20:29

very nice!
---- https://MineCity.online - Fan site for Minetest - get Minetest Hosting with first month FREE & $14/month after that
---- https://MineCity.online/minetest-devices.html - Buy devices that run Minetest
---- http://MineCity.online:3000 - Minetest-fan Slack Team - Join today!
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by maikerumine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 18:05

Wrekin' Servers since 2015. Muahahaha!
Image
Image
Attachments
112.png
(4.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20171213_130019.png
(1013.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
sorcerykid
Member
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 15:36
Location: Illinois, USA
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by sorcerykid » Wed Dec 13, 2017 18:49

When you get a chance, could you take a look at the protection near my cabin? It seem there is some overlap with the ADMIN pro blocks, and I'm unable dig or place anything beyond the front door. Thanks!
 

User avatar
maikerumine
Member
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 14:27
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by maikerumine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 22:25

sorcerykid wrote:When you get a chance, could you take a look at the protection near my cabin? It seem there is some overlap with the ADMIN pro blocks, and I'm unable dig or place anything beyond the front door. Thanks!

Certainly!

Currently server is running in lockdown mode, anything within 1500 meters is protected.

I need to do drastic work in this area and cannot have changes, however chests are accessible!

Server is going to be ready in a few weeks.
 

dark-lord
New member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 09:11
GitHub: fofsal
IRC: vladp
In-game: dark-lord

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM4]

by dark-lord » Mon Apr 09, 2018 13:24

maikerumine, now this server is not working. server closed forever or it will be work someday?
 

User avatar
Master_CJ
Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 17:01
Location: Just Test Server
In-game: Master_CJ
 

Previous

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests