[Server] Craig's Server

User avatar
RHR
Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 20:07
GitHub: RHRhino

Re: Craig's Server

by RHR » Post

lisacvuk wrote:I'm curious if you intend on renting the shops and offices inside :D
I have no plans for that so far, but there is a lot of space inside, so if you want to put your shop there, feel free to send me a message. :)
gabo.xandre wrote:WOW!!! Great job!!!
I never thought this could ever be finished... but I'm really glad to have been proved wrong!!!
I'm glad too. It took quite a while to finish and it is my biggest project so far.

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

Server was down for a few hours for scalable storage migration. The map is now 12.2GB so it's quite a pain to move around the place, but hopefully the way is is set our now means that downtime won't happen again, thanks :)

Server and IRC is a bit empty lately so if anyone feels like joining let me know :)

User avatar
RHR
Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 20:07
GitHub: RHRhino

Re: Craig's Server

by RHR » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:Server was down for a few hours for scalable storage migration. The map is now 12.2GB so it's quite a pain to move around the place, but hopefully the way is is set our now means that downtime won't happen again, thanks :)
Server and IRC is a bit empty lately so if anyone feels like joining let me know :)
Wow 12GB are already quite a lot! :)
By the way I started a new megaproject on the server. It's a 500x500 city - some buildings are already built. :)

Image
Image
Image

Oh and I changes the roof on my "small house". ^_^

Image

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

RHR wrote:
CraigyDavi wrote:Server was down for a few hours for scalable storage migration. The map is now 12.2GB so it's quite a pain to move around the place, but hopefully the way is is set our now means that downtime won't happen again, thanks :)
Server and IRC is a bit empty lately so if anyone feels like joining let me know :)
Wow 12GB are already quite a lot! :)
By the way I started a new megaproject on the server. It's a 500x500 city - some buildings are already built. :)

Image
Image
Image

Oh and I changes the roof on my "small house". ^_^

Image
Incredible!

Ronp21
New member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 14:18
In-game: Ronp21

Re: Craig's Server

by Ronp21 » Post

Did you deal with the problem about Willbanks130?

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

Ronp21 wrote:Did you deal with the problem about Willbanks130?
Haven't heard about this. Please let me know in PM.

User avatar
RHR
Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 20:07
GitHub: RHRhino

Re: Craig's Server

by RHR » Post

Hey craig is the server down again?

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

Updates
  • Map size is now 12.6GB!
  • Updated server version to 0.4.15-dev.
  • Improved backup system to make better use of resources.
The next main focus for me is to update 'Craig's Server Game' - there have been many updates to core and non-core mods.

For any problems feel free to email or PM me, I don't have too much time for Minetest at the mo!

LordVlad
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 02:22
In-game: LordVlad
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by LordVlad » Post

I Suggest some mods for your server

technic mod: for chests of jungle wood, iron, gold ,etc
anvil mod: you can repair your tools
unified dyes: more colours
unified inventory: new catalog and easiest to drive than yours.
+ Spoiler
streets: more blocks, including blue and red asphalt.

that's all x3

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

LordVlad wrote:I Suggest some mods for your server

technic mod: for chests of jungle wood, iron, gold ,etc
anvil mod: you can repair your tools
unified dyes: more colours
unified inventory: new catalog and easiest to drive than yours.
+ Spoiler
streets: more blocks, including blue and red asphalt.

that's all x3
Hey thanks for the suggestions. We already use unified dyes :) Technic is a bit too bloated for use on our small server and unified inventory doesn't work well on mobile clients (unless it has changed). I'll look into anvil.

botch
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 17:12
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

Re: Craig's Server

by botch » Post

Hi there, I've just joined in the past week, give or take a couple of days, and I'm just checking in to say hi!

botch

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

botch wrote:Hi there, I've just joined in the past week, give or take a couple of days, and I'm just checking in to say hi!

botch
Hey botch great to have you here :)

User avatar
jwpwns
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 22:22

Re: Craig's Server

by jwpwns » Post

Welp i am back... after like a year+ im surprised my stuff and server is still kicking GG

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

jwpwns wrote:Welp i am back... after like a year+ im surprised my stuff and server is still kicking GG
Welcome back! Lots has changed - let me know if you run into any difficulties :)

Motogp
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:56
IRC: TheGreek-motogp
In-game: motogp

Re: Craig's Server

by Motogp » Post

Back after quite a long time :P .Hope not many things have changed and I am looking forward to talk to you guys again <3

User avatar
lisacvuk
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk
Location: Serbia, Užice

Re: Craig's Server

by lisacvuk » Post

Code: Select all

<lisac> craig-server, players
<craig-server> Connected players: Schlaefli460, the_raven_262, Szesterniak845, kszyhu, Tapley699, rainboworeogaming, gisselle, Garavaglia601, Husbands895, koola, blakjak, Yarbro35, Yaeger389, Ruslan1, _dcr_, hijenavuk, saleenda, lisacvuk, Vanburen280, Scavuzzo894
:O That's a lot
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)

OrangeSoda
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 19:42
In-game: SG

Re: Craig's Server

by OrangeSoda » Post

I've returned from my 2-year-long break, and have been doing some cleanup work around the spawn area, I've demolished a lot of unfinished, griefed, and ugly buildings whose owners haven't visited the server in over 2 years.

Day 1.

Image

Day 6.

Image

There are a lot more areas around the spawn that need cleaning, and I can't just keep bothering the admins over and over again to remove more areas for me, so I would like it if I could unprotect/edit the areas and get rid of the locked chests myself.

User avatar
Fixer
Member
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer
Location: Ukraine

Re: Craig's Server

by Fixer » Post

Very nice, thank you. If more admins do that on minetest servers - world will be better.

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

Looks great thank you! unfortunately I don't think I can give unprotect privs since I'm not here to monitor any more admins actions

OrangeSoda
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 19:42
In-game: SG

Re: Craig's Server

by OrangeSoda » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:Looks great thank you! unfortunately I don't think I can give unprotect privs since I'm not here to monitor any more admins actions
It's alright, though that'll make my job harder.

User avatar
jwpwns
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 22:22

Re: [Server] Craig's Server

by jwpwns » Post

still alive?

User avatar
the_raven_262
Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 09:30
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: the_raven_262 Raven262 Corvus262 corvus
In-game: the_raven_262 Raven262 Nevermore

Re: [Server] Craig's Server

by the_raven_262 » Post

jwpwns wrote:still alive?
The server IS alive, we even have some occasional players on it.
[amber] [conjuration] [warzone] | Why is #minetest-mod-dev so empty?

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: [Server] Craig's Server

by CraigyDavi » Post

jwpwns wrote:still alive?
of course :)

User avatar
jwpwns
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 22:22

Re: [Server] Craig's Server

by jwpwns » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:
jwpwns wrote:still alive?
of course :)
Idk every time i join no one is on lol what time do ppl play?

User avatar
lisacvuk
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk
Location: Serbia, Užice

Re: [Server] Craig's Server

by lisacvuk » Post

jwpwns wrote:
CraigyDavi wrote:
jwpwns wrote:still alive?
of course :)
Idk every time i join no one is on lol what time do ppl play?
There are a lot of us on IRC; do /irc_names
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests