[Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by Sokomine » Post

Thanks for the translation, ShadMOrdre. Seems I met the Sunos but not the Sovagxas so far. It seems possible that further structures will be offered once the village gets more inhabitants. The trading with the market chests works fine. The textures are very nicely done.
A list of my mods can be found here.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Sorry for ignoring these last posts, I must have forgotten.
Sokomine wrote:... because the flag kept demanding to be placed on a flat 13x13 area and was very reluctant ...
I have already corrected this in the development version. Bushes and flowers should not disturb any more. This also irritated me greatly during development.

Sokomine wrote: ... the new community house appeared instantly around me ...
I'm going to work to keep it as realistic as possible. But now I need to solve other errors.
Sokomine wrote: ... they offered new flags for the placement of buildings in return for the materials needed.
This is a basic mechanics of village growth.
ShadMOrdre wrote:I too am confused.
I agree, many of these texts (with the exception of README.txt and the wiki) have been removed because they are very weird. I will keep a descriptive text in English in both places.

I've already made a lot of improvements, but I have not yet released a new version because I want to bring something new (all 58 current commits are fixes and operating improvements). Soon I will be announcing new things (Including a new society).

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

BrunoMine wrote: I have already corrected this in the development version. Bushes and flowers should not disturb any more. This also irritated me greatly during development.
Thanks! That will help a lot. It also seemed that stone as ground seemed unacceptable for them. Some way of indicating how big the house will actually become would be very helpful. The protector mod shows the protected area when punched, and WorldEdit shows the marked area. Perhaps you can show the area the house requires?
BrunoMine wrote:
Sokomine wrote: ... they offered new flags for the placement of buildings in return for the materials needed.
This is a basic mechanics of village growth.
Ah. Fine :-) The amount of villagers reported by the people in the community center was increasing with every house (with inhabitants) built. However, some houses seemed to have decayed (Worldedit-accidents?), and I don't seem to be able to repair them with the repair kit.
BrunoMine wrote: I've already made a lot of improvements, but I have not yet released a new version because I want to bring something new (all 58 current commits are fixes and operating improvements). Soon I will be announcing new things (Including a new society).
I'm looking forward to it. The Sunos villages and their inhabitants work nicely. The textures and design of the worker in the community center, the trade chests, the houses and the special nodes for the villages all fit together and are very well drawn.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Does Is this mod add villages and villagers?

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Sokomine wrote:It seemed that stone as ground seemed unacceptable for them.
I have quite simplified the basic requirements to found a structure, but the first strip of land must have dirt (with or without grass). It is also necessary to have two depth blocks without empty spaces (caves). All this will be well explained by messages.
Sokomine wrote:The protector mod shows the protected area when punched, and WorldEdit shows the marked area. Perhaps you can show the area the house requires?
I'll add before the next release. This will be really useful.
Sokomine wrote:The amount of villagers reported by the people in the community center was increasing with every house (with inhabitants) built. However, some houses seemed to have decayed (Worldedit-accidents?), and I don't seem to be able to repair them with the repair kit.
This is a code error, it has already been fixed in the development version. Thanks for reporting.
Sokomine wrote:I'm looking forward to it. The Sunos villages and their inhabitants work nicely. The textures and design of the worker in the community center, the trade chests, the houses and the special nodes for the villages all fit together and are very well drawn.
Thank you. I'm further polishing the code and textures to make the interaction more dynamic and realistic.

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Does Is this mod add villages and villagers?
Yes, but it's not necessarily just villages. Societies may have different cultures.

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.0.0-beta] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

Changelog v1.3 - v2.0.0 (can be incomplete)

General
* New societie Sovagxas (Wild)
* Adopted semantic versioning 2.0.0
* New Libraries System for third-party mod
Sunos
* Added Cobble Street
* Added Tavern
* Added Emporium
* Added Straw loom
* Added Straw Carpet
* Added Culinary Kit
* Added food and recipes (Fruit Bread, Fruit Salad, Fruit Snack, Nectar)
* Added Compost Barrel (mod Compost)
* Village generation code improved
* Special blocks for dynamically generated structures
* Population limit for villages
* Protection of structures against attacks by destroyers (grifers)
* Simplified Developer Framework Editor
* System of generation of NPC types of the village (based on engine Mobs redo)
* Level system for communal house
* Added NoDrop items to avoid looting of valuable items in structures
* New API

yzelast
GitHub: yzelast
In-game: yzelast

by yzelast » Post

Cool
G84mU6AQ9dKaNhxn6dq8P5C0y5r8NssE

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

When exploring a new world with the latest sociedades version, I found many abandoned villages out of stone first. They looked very good with those paths. A bit further away the straw roofs of some huts shone through the leaves. The cobble/dirt paths and the new 3d straw floors look very nice. The locals did not speak any language I knew - but they where able to show me what materials they wanted. Placement of the flag for the community center was easier this time. The yellow marker was very helpful. It just disappeared too fast. Can you make it stay longer?

The friendly villagers had very nice furniture items inside their houses and sold items there. Trading worked fine.

After a while the villagers tried to attack me. At least it looked like that. They did not cause any dammage. And they did not talk to me anymore either. The community center did not offer anything to build anymore. All I did was accidently place some leftover grass in one house and digging it immediately after.

The stone paths seem to expand on their own. The villages look very nice. Thanks for the updates! I hope to be able to deal with the villagers again...else I'll have to find another settlement :/ It was just some accidentally placed grass after all...:)

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Sokomine wrote:When exploring a new world with the latest sociedades version, I found many abandoned villages out of stone first.
I could not get the same results. I have not tested much yet, but with 3-5 minutes of flying I got the following results:
Mapgen v6 - 1/3 abandoned (30%)
Mapgen v7 - 0/6 (0%)
If this ratio is correct, it does not seem to me a big problem. Could you show more information about your test?
Sokomine wrote:The locals did not speak any language I knew
This mod is already fully translated into English. (use intllib)
Sokomine wrote:The yellow marker was very helpful. It just disappeared too fast. Can you make it stay longer?
I also noticed this on my tests. I will correct this parameter.
Sokomine wrote:After a while the villagers tried to attack me. At least it looked like that. They did not cause any dammage. And they did not talk to me anymore either. The community center did not offer anything to build anymore. All I did was accidently place some leftover grass in one house and digging it immediately after.
Was the block within the area of the structure? Theoretically, it's okay to build around.

Sokomine wrote:hope to be able to deal with the villagers again
You can stop being a village enemy after about 2 minutes. Or reopen the world/server.

Thanks for the help with your tests.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

BrunoMine wrote: I could not get the same results. I have not tested much yet, but with 3-5 minutes of flying I got the following results:
Mapgen v6 - 1/3 abandoned (30%)
Mapgen v7 - 0/6 (0%)
If this ratio is correct, it does not seem to me a big problem. Could you show more information about your test?
It was just a single world. There seemed to be a lot of abandoned settlements in that one area where I spawned. But that wasn't really a problem - the ruins fit nicely into the landscape and where not boring at all. I was just afraid that the Sunos might have died out.
BrunoMine wrote: This mod is already fully translated into English. (use intllib)
Aaah! Thanks. Now I can understand the locals :-)
BrunoMine wrote: You can stop being a village enemy after about 2 minutes. Or reopen the world/server.
It was an accidentally placed grass node. I placed it and digged it immediately. Admittedly it's tricky for the villagers to distinguish that from stealing parts of their houses. It's good that they pay attention. I'm glad that they're so forgiving. Today they allowed me to expand their village to 51 inhabitants. All worked nicely this time. The only remaining trouble was that villagers sometimes spawned/got stuck halfway inside walls. And I have no idea how the upgrade system works. But the villages are very decorative and great to have in the game. Hope the locals will talk more :-)

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Thanks, I'll work on this too.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.1.0] [sociedades]

by TumeniNodes » Post

I love this Bruno, hope you have not forgotten about it : )
A Wonderful World

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.2.0-beta] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

Ok, finaly ... beta tests for v2.2.0
All the upgrades refer only to the Sunos societie.
* Added more human behavior to sunos NPCs through the advanced_npc API;
* Added structure building system to take some time;
* Added music box;
* Improved textures;
* Updating API scripts;
* New dynamics of structures;
* Code improvements in many ways.

About the update in the world
All structures except houses and taverns will be abandoned, so you can rebuild them. Sorry.

For now it will be a unstable version because it uses another unstable mod (advanced_npc).

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.+] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

v3.0.0 released!
Basic change log
  • Reorganization of the API
  • Texture enhancements
  • New items
  • New structures
  • New NPC management system
Structures will be slightly deformed in minetest versions less than 0.5.0

Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by Sokomine » Post

The mobs seem to hide. I havn't found a single settlement/village yet :-( Is there any way to increase probability of finding one?

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

There are two ways to make it easier.
Use a flat mapgen.
Use teleport. One way to quickly search for a favorable region is to place the final coordinate at 1000 and then change a number.
Example:
/teleport 9000 20 1000
/teleport 9000 20 2000
/teleport 9000 20 3000
Once you find a green plateau, fly into it and you will have a good chance.

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Looks interesting, I'll check this mod out!
I test mines.

BillyS
GitHub: Billy-S
IRC: BillyS
In-game: BillyS

by BillyS » Post

How?
HOW THE HECK DID YOU WRITE A MOD THIS AMAZING?!?!
I have NEVER found a mod with this level of detail and work put into it. If I could, I'd give this 10 out of 5 stars. Completely amazing.
<SHAMELESS PLUG> Play on my server Blocky Survival! It's unique! </SHAMELESS PLUG>

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

I'm noticing that there are far too many villages, leaving me with nowhere to build unless I literally climb the highest mountain.
I test mines.

acidzebra

by acidzebra » Post

Absolutely fantastic mod, I love how it adds extra life to the world and they'll just do their own thing.

When you become an enemy (accidentally hit one or dig their structures), does that reset over time?
They don't seem to be very forgiving :)

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

acidzebra wrote: When you become an enemy (accidentally hit one or dig their structures), does that reset over time?
They don't seem to be very forgiving :)
You have to wait 5 minutes or reopen the world.

Nice screenshot :)