[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.10] [minetest-3d_armor]

by Chem871 » Post

My idea was for moderator armor to be invisible, like a hidden-cop kind of thing.
What is SCP-055?

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

@stu I am using 0.4.16 stable, not the dev. I'm using version 0.4.10 of this mod, the version that's for 0.4.16 stable.

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

Chem871 wrote:My idea was for moderator armor to be invisible, like a hidden-cop kind of thing.
I am sure there are better ways to achieve that than armor, like elevated privileges. On the other hand, the invisible armor would sure look good when wielding the fabled 'Air Sword' ;^)

stu

by stu » Post

BBmine wrote:@stu I am using 0.4.16 stable, not the dev. I'm using version 0.4.10 of this mod, the version that's for 0.4.16 stable.
I have tested it with clean builds and it does not happen to me with only 3d_armor and the supported inventory systems installed. Are you sure you have the compatibility mod '3d_armor_sfinv' properly enabled? That's about the only other thing I can think of atm.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Just as soon as I find the texture for air, I'll make air armor, as an alternative to admin armor.
What is SCP-055?

stu

by stu » Post

Chem871 wrote:Just as soon as I find the texture for air, I'll make air armor, as an alternative to admin armor.
Hooray, someone is finally gonna make 'Air Armor' \o/

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Where would I find the texture for air?
What is SCP-055?

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

stu wrote: Hooray, someone is finally gonna make 'Air Armor' \o/
Lol!!! I've got some hi-rez textures if you need them!

paradigm

Re: sfinv has error and game crashes

by paradigm » Post

@paradigm Could you could show the relevant contents of the server's debug.txt at the time of the crash, the client output is not much help in this particular case.
I went do go do just that, but now it's not crashing anymore. I've been messing with this thing so much with all of the armor mods disabled, and when I went back to recreate the problem it's all working now.

There does still seem to be a glitch with the inventory menu not showing the extra buttons after going into the armor menu and then pressing the crafting tab instead of hitting the back button.

Using Mintetest Version 0.4.16
3D_Armor version 0.4.10
Last edited by paradigm on Wed Nov 15, 2017 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

ExeterDad, if you let me have those textures, I will make air armor :P
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Chem871 wrote:ExeterDad, if you let me have those textures, I will make air armor :P
This should work
Attachments
3d_armor_boots_admin.png
3d_armor_boots_admin.png (1.21 KiB) Viewed 773 times
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

stu wrote:Are you sure you have the compatibility mod '3d_armor_sfinv' properly enabled? That's about the only other thing I can think of atm.
I see the 0.4.10 I installed doesn't have it, but github does for that version. Strange.

Aerozoic
GitHub: aerozoic
IRC: aerozoic
In-game: aerozoic

by Aerozoic » Post

Hi stu, i asked the "minetest-mods" devs to reopen this issue since kilbith is no longer maintaining xdecor. I hope there is an easy fix! :)
https://github.com/minetest-mods/xdecor/issues/81
“For once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

stu

by stu » Post

Aerozoic wrote:Hi stu, i asked the "minetest-mods" devs to reopen this issue since kilbith is no longer maintaining xdecor. I hope there is an easy fix! :)
https://github.com/minetest-mods/xdecor/issues/81
It seems he was maintaining it enough to remove the support and is likely to reject any proposed restoration, however, I will give it go once it can be done properly. Please see my latest comments on the issue.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

The 3d_armor tab doesn't show up when I use this mod https://github.com/octacian/gamemode
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

it probably re-define a part of the inventory and overrides the function of 3d_armor
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I think I've found a way to fix gamemode removing the tab. Going to do a little more testing and then start a PR to add support for this mod

stu

by stu » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I think I've found a way to fix gamemode removing the tab. Going to do a little more testing and then start a PR to add support for this mod
Thanks but it seems to me more like a problem with the gamemode mod so really any 'fix' should go there. I am currently trying to move away from compatibility hacks in favour of a better api, however, if you are sure this is the fault of 3d_armor then by all means, make a PR.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

stu wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:I think I've found a way to fix gamemode removing the tab. Going to do a little more testing and then start a PR to add support for this mod
Thanks but it seems to me more like a problem with the gamemode mod so really any 'fix' should go there. I am currently trying to move away from compatibility hacks in favour of a better api, however, if you are sure this is the fault of 3d_armor then by all means, make a PR.
Sorry, I had meant it was for the gamemode mod. I had posted here in case anyone else was having the same problem as I was

stu

by stu » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
stu wrote:
Sorry, I had meant it was for the gamemode mod. I had posted here in case anyone else was having the same problem as I was
No problem, sorry I misunderstood your intentions, hope you find a fix. If you think there is anything the api could offer to help then let me know.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Is there any way using the current API to register an armor that prevents any more armor from being worn while wearing that piece? The hazmat suit attempts to do this I believe by registering the suit as all 4 types, but with some fooling around you can wear armor under it.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

stu

by stu » Post

GreenDimond wrote:Is there any way using the current API to register an armor that prevents any more armor from being worn while wearing that piece? The hazmat suit attempts to do this I believe by registering the suit as all 4 types, but with some fooling around you can wear armor under it.
Can you explain what you mean by 'some fooling around'. You should only be able to equip one item of each element type so this sounds like a bug.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

stu wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:Is there any way using the current API to register an armor that prevents any more armor from being worn while wearing that piece? The hazmat suit attempts to do this I believe by registering the suit as all 4 types, but with some fooling around you can wear armor under it.
Can you explain what you mean by 'some fooling around'. You should only be able to equip one item of each element type so this sounds like a bug.
Not at my PC right now so I can't explain it too well. If I put the hazmat suit in the armor slots and put another piece of armor in the slots the new piece generally doesn't get put on, but if I put armor on first and then put the suit on in the right way it can be put on over the armor. It's hard to explain.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

stu

by stu » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
stu wrote:
Not at my PC right now so I can't explain it too well. If I put the hazmat suit in the armor slots and put another piece of armor in the slots the new piece generally doesn't get put on, but if I put armor on first and then put the suit on in the right way it can be put on over the armor. It's hard to explain.
Well I cannot see anything in my code that would allow that but that does not mean there isn't. However, I have noticed similar weirdness with inventories before when you drag-and-drop things a certain way, you can sometimes bypass the `allow_put` callback. I will see if I can reproduce this, thanks for the report.

stu

by stu » Post

Okay, I was able to reproduce this quite easily and it is clearly a minetest bug which should be possible with any detached inventory that uses the `allow_put` callback.

To reproduce with armor, equip at least two elements of armor like a helmet and a chestplate. Now if you try to equip another chestplate it should get moved back to your main inv because `allow_put` returns zero. However, if instead of placing the chestplate on an empty slot, you place it over the helmet, it goes back to the main inventory and you automatically pick up the helmet. Now comes the naughty bit, place the helmet on top of the chestplate in the main inventory and you pick up the chestplate again which will now be allowed in the detached inventory because it 'sees' it as the same a helmet. Consequently no callbacks are triggered, not even `on_put`

The good news is that the item doesn't really go in the player inventory, only the detached one which does not actually effect your true armor levels or in the case of the hazmat suit, protect you against anything. Also note that the 'fake' item should disappear following a re-login so you ultimately just end up losing it :P)