[Mod] Terumetal [v2.4] (Armor, doors & more new)

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v1.8][terumet]

by Chem871 » Post

Would you add a machine that repairs tools with heat power?
What is SCP-055?

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Terumoc wrote:probably next on the list, rolled up into the machine upgrade system I've been meaning to do.
OooooooooOoooo interesting
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Terumoc
GitHub: Terumoc
In-game: Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Things regarding upgrades/chest automation are in progress, just slow going.

Presently, I've decided the best way to support the most automation/item transport mods would be to support input/output to adjacent chests or any adjacent node with a "main" inventory. At least this way it can be used with most mods without having to code specific support for each.
Maker of Terumetal and Teruview mods at https://github.com/Terumoc

Chem871

Re: [Mod] Terumetal [v1.9][terumet]

by Chem871 » Post

Generic support sounds good.
What is SCP-055?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Terumoc wrote:Presently, I've decided the best way to support the most automation/item transport mods would be to support input/output to adjacent chests or any adjacent node with a "main" inventory. At least this way it can be used with most mods without having to code specific support for each.
sweet great idea
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

also love the upgrade textures!

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Could you possibly add a output chest on the bottom upgrade?

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:also love the upgrade textures!
Thanks, glad you like them ;)
RSLRedstonier wrote:Could you possibly add a output chest on the bottom upgrade?
Honestly I'd like to make the output side an option on the gui or something, but the easiest way might be just to make different upgrade items for different sides. I'll think about it and see what I can do tomorrow after I take a break, been working on this all weekend pretty much haha.

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

Chem871 wrote:Would you add a machine that repairs tools with heat power?
Oh that's an interesting idea. I have some idea of how I'd like to do it, but I need to think about it some. I'll put it on the github though to remind me about the idea for sure though.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Terumoc wrote: Image
This formspec is nicer than MC's one. We need you to re-do the whole minetest menu :D

EDIT: also, those textures!!! and the use of a 3D item in a formspec (the chest cubeimage) O.o
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote: This formspec is nicer than MC's one. We need you to re-do the whole minetest menu :D
I second that
Last edited by TechNolaByte on Wed Jan 24, 2018 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

oh also I know you decided on chests as input and out but this is the hopper mod that has the api just incase
https://github.com/minetest-mods/hopper
its an updated version of the old hopper mod that didn't have an api

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

You know, if chests are used as input/output, it's so easy to just attach a hopper to said chest, so it's indirectly compatible.
What is SCP-055?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Chem871 wrote:You know, if chests are used as input/output, it's so easy to just attach a hopper to said chest, so it's indirectly compatible.
sorta like universal compatibility
love it

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

The thermobox takes heat coming from 4 directions and outputs it to one machine, right? Could there be a heat splitter? 1 input, 4 outputs?
What is SCP-055?

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote: This formspec is nicer than MC's one. We need you to re-do the whole minetest menu :D

EDIT: also, those textures!!! and the use of a 3D item in a formspec (the chest cubeimage) O.o
Ahaha, well thank you, I do like to make things look nice. When/if I ever finish working on this mod so much I wouldn't mind providing more graphic stuff to Minetest itself.

And I can't really take too much credit for showing a node in a formspec, it's standard behavior that if you use item-image[] in a formspec and give it a node name it will show the node like that ;) I thought the best way to show what external input/output it was using was to just show the node itself.
Chem871 wrote:The thermobox takes heat coming from 4 directions and outputs it to one machine, right? Could there be a heat splitter? 1 input, 4 outputs?
5 directions actually, the output is the "facing" side. And your request was both good and easy to implement; there's now a cheaper Thermobox called the Thermal Distributor added with much less heat capacity, but it does act the opposite way: one side is an input while it equally distributes to the 5 orange sides like a heater does.

Edit: forgot to mention, the Distributor also has a fuel slot unlike a thermobox so it can be used early game as a heating hub to multiple machines with heat fuel

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Terumoc wrote:one side is an input while it equally distributes to the 5 orange sides like a heater does.
OoooOooo
round robin with heat
noice

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:
Terumoc wrote:one side is an input while it equally distributes to the 5 orange sides like a heater does.
OoooOooo
round robin with heat
noice
Yeah, from the HEAT ray down to the thermoboxes and distributors there's now a lot of ways to move heat around so I'm pretty happy with the heat system now.

I still need to play an actual survival game with my mod though, to see how things feel when you have to actually gather materials and the like. The only way I could really get a feel for the balance would be to try it out properly at this point, there's so many options now.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

quick idea to improve the api
1.allow the api to create new upgrade and have a function that's called if the machine does stuff if the upgrade is in it
2.allow machines made by the api to support different upgrades

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Would you allow heat to travel through glass and obsidian glass, not just air? Plus, it would look nifty :P
What is SCP-055?

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

What about a machine that pulls ambient heat out of the air, and if water is next to this machine, it's turned into ice?
What is SCP-055?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Chem871 wrote:What about a machine that pulls ambient heat out of the air, and if water is next to this machine, it's turned into ice?
OoooOooo
I second this
though it needs to be expensive and produce very little heat

Terumoc

by Terumoc » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:quick idea to improve the api
1.allow the api to create new upgrade and have a function that's called if the machine does stuff if the upgrade is in it
2.allow machines made by the api to support different upgrades
Yeah, custom machines supporting upgrades should be coming soon.
Chem871 wrote:Would you allow heat to travel through glass and obsidian glass, not just air? Plus, it would look nifty :P
If you mean heat rays, they already do!
They'll pass through any node that allows light to pass through.
Chem871 wrote:What about a machine that pulls ambient heat out of the air, and if water is next to this machine, it's turned into ice?
I've been trying to come up with an "advanced" heat generator for the coreglass tier, something like this is a nice idea. I'm definitely considering something like geothermal or ambient collection. I like the turning water to ice idea a lot though!

Edit: oh yeah forgot to mention, a bug that has been persisting where thermoboxes/distributors were getting stuck for some reason has finally been squashed, so I'd suggest updating to the latest repo version for best performance of them

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

So you mean heat rays can travel through crops?
What is SCP-055?

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

If yes, crops should burn then. it may be useful. The sun is a deadly Lazer.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!