[Server] Olympus Has Risen

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

Re: [Server] Olympus Has Risen

by scottwolff » Post

Sadly when I backed up the world, I must have corrupted something. On the upside, I located the original original olympus has risen map seed. This is working well and Mt. Olympus is right where it was left there.

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

I will need to rebuild spawn at least. When I do this, I will put it back on the public list and put an update here.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

scottwolff wrote:I will need to rebuild spawn at least. When I do this, I will put it back on the public list and put an update here.
If you hosted the server as it was before I could get a local mapsave of it with my 0.4.16 client and send that map to you
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Spawn is quickly rebuilt. The system is running stable now with public login.

1/30/2018 Apologies ladies and gentlemen. The original world map became corrupted somewhere when I backed it up. However, this map seed is the original original Olympus Has Risen map seed. Help wanted. Many positions available.

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
scottwolff wrote:I will need to rebuild spawn at least. When I do this, I will put it back on the public list and put an update here.
If you hosted the server as it was before I could get a local mapsave of it with my 0.4.16 client and send that map to you
I get a core dump when I am trying to run it. Perhaps the permissions changed on linux when I move it around.

I have the original map seed from the newer map.

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
It is back up and running and can be logged into now.

I was able to get it back running with everything as it was before and every place should be there that was there since the previous reboot. The server is at the stable release of 0.4.16 so hopefully that'll smooth out some glitches we were seeing.

scottwolff

Next month or so

by scottwolff » Post

So, i have been thinking and I want to be honest that it is tentative whether the server will be able to be maintained physically in a month or so. As that is, I will leave it up and be on it as usual but im just wanting to let everyone know to take screenshots of their buildings.

Now i do have a basic world up at minetest hosting for those that want to still do some casual building on a clean world. But that is limited so i understand if folks wouldn't be interested in that.

Before i digress any further, I want to say a thanks to those who stuck with the hecticness now and into the future.
Last edited by scottwolff on Fri Feb 02, 2018 07:57, edited 1 time in total.

Lone_Wolf

Re: Next month or so

by Lone_Wolf » Post

scottwolff wrote:So, i have been thinking and I want to be honest that it is tentative whether the server will be able to be maintained physically in a month or so. As that is, I will leave it up and be on it as usual but im just wanting to let everyone know to take screenshots of their work.

Personally for me, using worldedit and these advanced mods makes me want to build by hand back in the default v5 maps with limited mods other than protection and administration mods like xban. Maybe a v7 map now, But i definitely would've stayed with that spawn town where i started building with fly and fast.

Now i do have a basic world up at minetest hosting for those that want to still do some casual building on a clean world. But that is limited so i understand if folks wouldn't be interested in that.

Before i digress any further, I want to say a thanks to those who stuck with the hecticness now and into the future.
I'll start a local mapsave so you don't have to worry about me losing my progress if you decide to stop hosting
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

I wonder if I can back up the world without leaving any personal information and post the .zip here.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

scottwolff wrote:I wonder if I can back up the world without leaving any personal information and post the .zip here.
You probably could. In the world folder there should be a file called 'map'

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
scottwolff wrote:I wonder if I can back up the world without leaving any personal information and post the .zip here.
Certainly, i'll do that. The server is still up for now. Hopefully it won't have to be taken down for another two months. I would post the folder here alone with if it is going to be taken down.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

scottwolff wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
Certainly, i'll do that. The server is still up for now. Hopefully it won't have to be taken down for another two months. I would post the folder here alone with if it is going to be taken down.
Might want to post the mod folder too. That way players don't have to go search for all the mods...

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

scottwolff wrote:

Lone_Wolf wrote:

scottwolff wrote:
I wonder if I can back up the world without leaving any personal information and post the .zip here.

Or, I could list them off.

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

I'm going to take down the server sometime in the next day to see if I can fix the horrendous lag I'm experiencing (and everyone else is experiencing). Most players are real troopers for putting up with it.

If I can't correct the lag issues then I may just take it down until further notice. Please backup what you have with screenshots or otherwise.

I'll post an update in a day.

scottwolff

Full Moderators and Admins wanted

by scottwolff » Post

Addenum: ok. So i am not sure what i can do to refuce the lag, actually. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyways, I would honestly like to retheme the server. But whether i would want to do that i still want to look for serious moderators. I want to split it up like this.

Player Moderator, would be in charge of player relations, fielding player requests, and similar things, co quest master

Exploration moderator: basically a moderator that is in charge of "places to go, things to see", and is a co world build moderator especially in charge of surface builds. Co spawn moderator

Pvp and Quest moderator (war): anything related to building and administering players needs as far as fighting and quests go

Underworld moderator: vice admin, in charge of anything below the surface such as underground building, co game mod request moderator and main support of in game mods, includes taking a lead role in mod integrity and system stability and speed

scottwolff

Re: Full Moderators and Admins wanted

by scottwolff » Post

scottwolff wrote:Addenum: ok. So i am not sure what i can do to refuce the lag, actually. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyways, I would honestly like to retheme the server. But whether i would want to do that i still want to look for serious moderators. I want to split it up like this.

Player Moderator, would be in charge of player relations, fielding player requests, and similar things, co quest master

Exploration moderator: basically a moderator that is in charge of "places to go, things to see", and is a co world build moderator especially in charge of surface builds. Co spawn moderator

Pvp and Quest moderator (war): anything related to building and administering players needs as far as fighting and quests go

Underworld moderator: vice admin, in charge of anything below the surface such as underground building, co game mod request moderator and main support of in game mods, includes taking a lead role in mod integrity and system stability and speed

Awesome, the Exploration moderator position is filled.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

To reduce lag, I'd suggest removing the ethereal mod, but you'd have to reset the map for that.
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Chem871 wrote:To reduce lag, I'd suggest removing the ethereal mod, but you'd have to reset the map for that.
I doubt it's ethereal

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I lose 10 FPS when at spawn. It may be the smartshops since they use entities

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Chem871 wrote:To reduce lag, I'd suggest removing the ethereal mod, but you'd have to reset the map for that.
I'll look into that. Thank you for your feedback.

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I lose 10 FPS when at spawn. It may be the smartshops since they use entities
I will take a look at the issue. Thank you for the feedback.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

View of spawn from the top of Olympus

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

At spawn.

Attachments
Using mobile app
Using mobile app
Screenshot_20180203-141608.png (316.62 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Last edited by scottwolff on Sat Feb 03, 2018 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Some more screenshots

Attachments
53 FPS at Shops
53 FPS at Shops
screenshot_20180203_143519.png (641.44 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Litochoro
Litochoro
screenshot_20180203_143526.png (676.41 KiB) Viewed 496 times
The Shops (desktop app)
The Shops (desktop app)
screenshot_20180203_142100.png (615.4 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Last edited by scottwolff on Sat Feb 03, 2018 20:56, edited 4 times in total.

scottwolff

Re: Full Moderators and Admins wanted

by scottwolff » Post

scottwolff wrote:
scottwolff wrote:Addenum: ok. So i am not sure what i can do to refuce the lag, actually. Anyone have any ideas?

Player Moderator, would be in charge of player relations, fielding player requests, and similar things, co quest master, like Aphrodite the god of love

Exploration moderator: basically a moderator that is in charge of "places to go, things to see", and is a co world build moderator especially in charge of surface builds. Co spawn moderator, like apollo god of the sun or artemis goddess of the wilderness,

Pvp and Quest moderator (war): anything related to building and administering players needs as far as fighting and quests go, like ares god of war

Underworld moderator: vice admin, in charge of anything below the surface such as underground building, co game mod request moderator and main support of in game mods, includes taking a lead role in mod integrity and system stability and speed, like jades god of the underworld

Awesome, the Exploration moderator position is filled.

Alright. So, going along, we are still in need of some moderators to help with things:

Player Moderator, would be in charge of player relations, fielding player requests, and similar things, co quest master, and in the schema of the server you are Aphrodite God of Love

Pvp and Quest moderator (war): anything related to building and administering players needs as far as fighting and quests go, essentially making you Ares God of War

Underworld moderator: vice admin, in charge of anything below the surface such as underground building, co game mod request moderator and main support of in game mods, includes taking a co-lead role in mod integrity and system stability and speed, essentially making you Hades the god of the underworld.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When those are filled, then we will determine things like feasibility, tuning the server to be optimized and reducing lag, whether the world would need to be redesigned to enable more stability, and such other larger decisions going on out.
Last edited by scottwolff on Sat Feb 03, 2018 21:29, edited 2 times in total.