[Server] Survival X

lightseer

Re: [Server] Survival X

by lightseer » Post

I have a recycling unit that has stopped working. I found a place in the New Mine in the sky city where I could get lots of mese swords, and so I started recycling them like crazy -- maybe 10 of them. Then the recycle box stopped working. Now it just won't recycle anything. Did I break it?

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

lightseer wrote:I have a recycling unit that has stopped working. I found a place in the New Mine in the sky city where I could get lots of mese swords, and so I started recycling them like crazy -- maybe 10 of them. Then the recycle box stopped working. Now it just won't recycle anything. Did I break it?
thats strange...when it worked before it has to work, do you have enough fuel for the recycler? maybe it needs to be activated (punch the keyboard again), or just try to dig the recycler and place it again...i never had this issue nor heard about it, so more info is welcome, but im sure it has to work ;)

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

SaKeL wrote:
lightseer wrote:I have a recycling unit that has stopped working. I found a place in the New Mine in the sky city where I could get lots of mese swords, and so I started recycling them like crazy -- maybe 10 of them. Then the recycle box stopped working. Now it just won't recycle anything. Did I break it?
thats strange...when it worked before it has to work, do you have enough fuel for the recycler? maybe it needs to be activated (punch the keyboard again), or just try to dig the recycler and place it again...i never had this issue nor heard about it, so more info is welcome, but im sure it has to work ;)
I dont have any problems with my recycler, so if you want you
can just use my public recycler located at at 40, -13, 25.
To get there, you take the road to south from spawn until the third house at the right, this is my store (build with a lot of glass). When you enter, you should see a pumpkin latern at the right with a sign on top that says: "To dungeon and public recycler". Take the ladder and go down, turn left and you see the machine.
Attachments
go to the store and enter
go to the store and enter
step1.png (401.81 KiB) Viewed 505 times
go down the ladder
go down the ladder
step2.png (331.49 KiB) Viewed 505 times
you find the machine at the right corner of the dungeon
you find the machine at the right corner of the dungeon
step3.png (110.18 KiB) Viewed 505 times

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

look how it's easy:

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE:
* cleanup of farming_addons mod from unnecessary files - less cache consumption and faster game loading times
* compressed all images (again) - farming_addons mod
* added carrots, beetroot and potatoes
* added new plants to bonemeal
* removed cauldron and bowls from xdecor - farming_addons is the leading mod for this
* new textures for corn due to the license conflicts
* disabled node placement on rightclick beacon (telemosaic mod)
* lot of other mods cleanup and texture compression

more info: https://bitbucket.org/minetest_gamers/f ... s/overview

Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (456.66 KiB) Viewed 505 times

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Server cache still 42mb = 4x longer time loading for each player

To solve it need resize in index colours each skin preview.png and preview_back.png to 44px*88px and compress it

In result have ~0.5kb each picture instead ~30kb

Skin png's for player model can be compressed 2x times too

32bm -> ~1mb

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

bosapara wrote:Server cache still 42mb = 4x longer time loading for each player

To solve it need resize in index colours each skin preview.png and preview_back.png to 44px*88px and compress it

In result have ~0.5kb each picture instead ~30kb

Skin png's for player model can be compressed 2x times too

32bm -> ~1mb
Thanks for pointing it out. I am aware of this issue but its a bit more complex than just resizing the textures, there has to be much better approach for this. As for the beginning i have already downsized half of the mods from unnecessary files and textures compression, see update above.

Also all the updates are available after the restart...not while the game is running ;)

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

ADMIN17 wrote:I dont have any problems with my recycler, so if you want you
can just use my public recycler located at at 40, -13, 25.
To get there, you take the road to south from spawn until the third house at the right, this is my store (build with a lot of glass). When you enter, you should see a pumpkin latern at the right with a sign on top that says: "To dungeon and public recycler". Take the ladder and go down, turn left and you see the machine.
Thanks I did that and it worked fine. I did try digging up the recycler and replanting. It still would not do anything, so I recycled it in the community recycler. That worked!
bosapara wrote:look how it's easy:
You were using coal? I was using low level power cells. Maybe that caused it? I'm not interested in trying to duplicate the problem, however. My recycler is gone, but if I make one again I'll use only coal in it.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

SaKeL wrote:
Thanks for pointing it out. I am aware of this issue but its a bit more complex than just resizing the textures, there has to be much better approach for this.
Just compressing can help but not much like "index resize + compress". "unified_inventory" mod does not need textures with huge scale of skin preview[/quote]
SaKeL wrote:Also all the updates are available after the restart...not while the game is running ;)
After your "update" post i thought that u fixed this huge but "1 minute" problem already)

lightseer wrote: You were using coal? I was using low level power cells. Maybe that caused it? I'm not interested in trying to duplicate the problem, however. My recycler is gone, but if I make one again I'll use only coal in it.
You can use power cells/blocks/rods but u need the battery under your recycler, look this:

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE:
* fixed junk removal, where city blocks were removed - now they should not be removed anymore (still will test it though)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE
* fixed junk removal, where city blocks were removed - now they should not be removed anymore - tested and works!
* implemented simple_skins to unified_inventory - all larger files and unnecessary files are gone, only raw skin textures are included - big performance and cache improvement, enjoy more than 800 skins!

Have fun.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (300.86 KiB) Viewed 505 times

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

SaKeL wrote:all larger files and unnecessary files are gone
Loading speed now really at 3x or 4x better, only 8mb instead 43mb of cache for each player

Great:)

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Has the upgrade for generators changed?
mine are no longer lvl 20 and refreshing, replacing, and re - upgrading doesn't work.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

Yep, the upgrade changed, now you use generators as upgrade for your generator.

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

h
Last edited by ADM17 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 08:43, edited 1 time in total.

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

The update for the skins works very good, the loading speed is way faster than before, you can maybe at a hint how to change to 3. person view.

About the seeds: the farming works great without bugs, but potato seeds sound a little bit strange, maybe you can rename it to "planting potato" or so. The bone meal is very cool, but it makes the plants grow at night too, its more like a magic powder.

Thanks for all that, it makes the server even more fun :)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

- good idea i can add hint for changing to 3rd per. view, but it will be just for PC players (F7)
- potato seeds - yeah i know, it is strange i can rename it, planting potato sounds better, thanks
- bonemeal - i thought it suppose to work like that :) tbh i never played with bonemeal before so if growing during the night doesnt make sence then i can adjust it

Thanks for the nice suggestions!

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

83 players today on Survival X server, new record :)

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

ADM17 wrote:Yep, the upgrade changed, now you use generators as upgrade for your generator.
Y tho? What purpose does this change serve?
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

You should ask this in the basic_machines forum page, there you might get more info on that

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

SaKeL wrote:You should ask this in the basic_machines forum page, there you might get more info on that
I couldn't find anything. (;¬_¬)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

says nothing about it there

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

So ask..

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

I have a question:
would using programmed macros, e.g. press macro1 to execute /home, be considered cheating?
i don't see why they would, but i needed to ask.