[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.10] [minetest-3d_armor]

by GreenXenith » Post

Got a screenshot for ya.
As you can see here, the helmet is visibly under the suit. On the right the suit levels are obviously combining all of them.
The level/heal increases as you add more, while fire and radiation decrease.
Original levels:
Hazmat: Lvl 32.4 Hl 20 Fr 4 Rad 48
Boots: Lvl 13.5 Hl 12 Fr 0 Rad 0
Chestplate: Lvl 18 Hl 12 Fr 0 Rad 0
Helmate: LvL 13.5 Hl 12 Fr 0 Rad 0
Notice I excluded the leggings, because anything after the suit doesn't get added, and putting another piece before the suit removes the suit.
Logging in and out doesn't change anything.
To reproduce this, just put any 3 pieces of armor in the first 3 slots and put the hazmat suit in the 4th (or any of the remaining) slot.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

This may well have been possible with older versions of this mod which you are obviously using. I know this because radiation protection was broken in the current version up until a few minutes ago.

It looks like it must have been broken since at least version 0.4.8 so I'm surprised that no one has complained by now. I guess not many people bother with the technic stuff. I am planning to move technic_armor & hazmat_suit to their own repos at some point, anyway.

I strongly recommend you update to the latest version, even though the minetest form bug still exists, it does not allow you to gain any advantage.

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Hmmm you are correct. Updating fixed it.
However, I don't know if this was intentional or not;
Also, the faces on the legs/arms on your armor model are mirrored - if I use a minetest skin to make an armor/suit I have to flip some parts to get it to look right.

stu

by stu » Post

You will need to use the current git master version, not the 0.4.10 release tag. This is the bug I just pushed a fix for :)

https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... master.zip
GreenDimond wrote: Also, the faces on the legs/arms on your armor model are mirrored - if I use a minetest skin to make an armor/suit I have to flip some parts to get it to look right.
The armor model has always been that way, it was fixed in the MT player model but I did not update the armor to avoid breaking texture-packs and depending mods, so not really something I plan to fix, sorry.

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

I got an error when trying to play in a world with this mod enabled. (BTW, I just installed it)

Code: Select all

2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: /home/csirolli/.minetest/mods/minetest-3d_armor-master/3d_armor/init.lua:
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: ...minetest/mods/minetest-3d_armor-master/3d_armor/init.lua:50: attempt to index field 'settings' (a nil value)
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: 	...minetest/mods/minetest-3d_armor-master/3d_armor/init.lua:50: in main chunk
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/csirolli/.minetest/mods/minetest-3d_armor-master/3d_armor/init.lua
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/csirolli/.minetest/mods/minetest-3d_armor-master/3d_armor/init.lua
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: Error from Lua:
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: ...minetest/mods/minetest-3d_armor-master/3d_armor/init.lua:50: attempt to index field 'settings' (a nil value)
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: 	...minetest/mods/minetest-3d_armor-master/3d_armor/init.lua:50: in main chunk
2018-01-15 16:44:05: ERROR[main]: Check debug.txt for details.

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

@csirolli, your Minetest version is to old. Please update to the current stable 0.4.16, a lot mods requires them in the meantime.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Made a mod that adds a /armor command. Will make a Github repo soon
EDIT: https://github.com/LoneWolfHT/3d_armor_mobile
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

stu

by stu » Post

Nice, thank you for sharing this :)

@bell07 good catch :3

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

love this mod
I haven't found any mods that use the 3d armor api to make special armors(except the scuba mod)
I use this mod as a depends for skytest and have mad tons of special armors (most grant different privs while wearing like the wings which grant fly, running boots that grant fast, so on and so on)
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:love this mod
I haven't found any mods that use the 3d armor api to make special armors(except the scuba mod)
I use this mod as a depends for skytest and have mad tons of special armors (most grant different privs while wearing like the wings which grant fly, running boots that grant fast, so on and so on)
Ethereal adds crystal armor. Which allows you to swim in lava
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

skytest adds neptunium armor that's crystal armor on steroids
its even better than admin armor on basic things like radiation, heal, and prot
not to mention it allows the player to fly, run fast, reduces gravity, no fall damage, no fire damage, no water drowning, and a ton of other things
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

stu

by stu » Post

Cool, it's nice to see that servers are making good use of the api, though I would be interested to know how you implemented the armor activated privileges. That was something I found surprisingly non-trivial last time I tried.

Related topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17383

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

stu wrote:
Cool, it's nice to see that servers are making good use of the api, though I would be interested to know how you implemented the armor activated privileges. That was something I found surprisingly non-trivial last time I tried.

Related post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17383
0_0
I hade NO clue there was a on equip function
I have had to deal with constantly revoking privs of the players without the armor
and granting it to those with it
using this

minetest.register_globalstep(function(dtime)
	for _,player in ipairs(minetest.get_connected_players()) do
		local inv = player:get_inventory()
		for i=1, 6 do
			local stack = inv:get_stack("armor", i)
			local item = stack:get_name()
            if item == "skytest:ptd" then
-executed while waering the armor over and over
				return
			else 
-executed while not wearing the armor over and over
end
		end
	end
end)
I many times just wished there was a way to only detect when the armor gets added or removed instead of having to constantly revoke/grant

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

It has come to my attention that there is an item duplication vulnerability in this mod. I consider this a serious vulnerability as this mod is used on a large number of servers, and I urge server owners to update immediately. I have submitted a pull request to the original developers but in the meantime you can get the fixed version from my fork.

More details regarding the vulnerability can be requested via private message.

stu

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.11] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Post

Version Update: 0.4.11
  • Allow armor stands to use any item from the fence group by @orbea
  • Auto-refresh missing armor stand entities by @ChimneySwift
  • Add Malay translation by @MuhdNurHidayat
  • Fix registered group level display by @stujones11
  • Fix item duplication vulnerability by @micheal65536
  • Update licenses to current year
  • Move technic_armor & hazmat_suit to separate repos
Special thanks to @micheal65536 for pointing out and fixing a potentially serious vulnerability.

Note that both the MT_0.5.0-dev and multiskin feature branches have also been re-based/patched.

Those using the technic armor or hazmat suit, will now need to install these mods separately to avoid unknown items and missing texture warnings. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but it is simply not worth including these when it is clear that very few people actually use them.

Technic Armor | Hazmat Suit

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

by scottwolff » Post

The response from players I get when I add in mobs but not 3D armor XD

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

-
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

ektor
IRC: dtarcz
In-game: ektor

by ektor » Post

I'm sorry if this question already have been answered, but I can't find it.

I have a pb with the formspec.
I use the inventory_plus and I have a big problem : sometimes players see the tabs, and bags are'nt visibles, sometimes we can see the "back" button, and bags already accessibles...

I understand it's in the conf file, but witch conf file, the armor one's or the minetest.conf? And how?
you said in the readme file :
Compatible with sfinv, inventory plus or unified inventory by enabling the appropriate
inventory module, [3d_armor_sfinv], [3d_armor_ip] and [3d_armor_ui] respectively.
Also compatible with [smart_inventory] without the need for additional modules.
How can I choose witch inventory mod the 3d_armor use, please.
Vive Minetest!

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ektor wrote:I'm sorry if this question already have been answered, but I can't find it.

I have a pb with the formspec.
I use the inventory_plus and I have a big problem : sometimes players see the tabs, and bags are'nt visibles, sometimes we can see the "back" button, and bags already accessibles...

I understand it's in the conf file, but witch conf file, the armor one's or the minetest.conf? And how?
you said in the readme file :
Compatible with sfinv, inventory plus or unified inventory by enabling the appropriate
inventory module, [3d_armor_sfinv], [3d_armor_ip] and [3d_armor_ui] respectively.
Also compatible with [smart_inventory] without the need for additional modules.
How can I choose witch inventory mod the 3d_armor use, please.
Delete [3d_armor_sfinv] and [3d_armor_ui]. ui = unified inventory and ip = inventory_plus

ektor

by ektor » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Delete [3d_armor_sfinv] and [3d_armor_ui]. ui = unified inventory and ip = inventory_plus
It's what I do in urgence, but the README file explain there is a possibility of configuration. It's what's I want to be able to do :)
Vive Minetest!

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Usually only one inventory is used in game. So 3d_armor detects the used inventory and enables the corresponding compatibility module. Therefore no configuration necessary.
There is still an incompatibility in tenplus1/inventory_plus with sfinv, that is minetest_game part.

I created an issue for this now: https://github.com/tenplus1/inventory_plus/issues/4

It's not a 3d_armor fault

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

I'd like to set an armor texture to a vertical frames animation, but the `gsub` on L229 in the api.lua prevents me. Is there some way I can use minetest.override_item to set `self.textures[name].armor` to the texture I want?
This doesn't work:

minetest.override_item("mymod:shield_mymod", {
	self.textures[name].armor = {
		{
            name = "mymod_shield_mymod_anim.png",
            animation = {
                type = "vertical_frames",
                aspect_w = 3,
                aspect_h = 3,
                length = 1,
            },
        },
    },)
})

ektor

by ektor » Post

bell07 wrote:Usually only one inventory is used in game. So 3d_armor detects the used inventory and enables the corresponding compatibility module. Therefore no configuration necessary.
There is still an incompatibility in tenplus1/inventory_plus with sfinv, that is minetest_game part.

I created an issue for this now: https://github.com/tenplus1/inventory_plus/issues/4

It's not a 3d_armor fault
Thanks for your answer bell07, but it's the cornernote's inventory_plus I use...
Vive Minetest!

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Same issue on the cornernote's version. There is no sfinv disabling implemented so the mod is not compatible to minetest_game

bell07

by bell07 » Post

ok, tenplus closed the issue without changes. Seems the inventory_plus requires sfinv for creative.
Now I created new issue on 3d_armor site with solution proposal: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... issues/134