[Mod] Forcefield [1.0] [forcefield]

ch98

[Mod] Forcefield [1.0] [forcefield]

by ch98 » Post

With this mod, you can put on forcefields using coal. (More detail on instruction)

Download:version 1.0
Older version at... http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5636

License: Texture... WTFPL
Code... WTFPL

Mod dependencies: default

Crafting: Forcefield Generators

Instructions:
[V1.0] Place crafted forcefield generator at least 60 block away from other forcefield generators. Place coal in anywhere in forcefield generator inventory to activate forcefield. Change value range in inventory to change range, only 6 - 30 are allowed. It will take range/6 coal every 60 seconds and every 10 times hit. It will also suck range/6 coal if forcefield is updated by punching the generator. It will take a lot of coal away if it was effected by explosives. Forcefield generator will automatically replace forcefield every time inventory is closed. When coal run out or when you take coal away, forcefield will stop.

Screenshots:

Post your screenshot!!!

To Do: Let owner through, make extra inventory adding space, put in automatic replace code for choice, put in circular field for choice.

Please post what you thought of this mod, and any suggestions.
Please vote if you downloaded or if you didn't want to download.
If you are helping, please help here not at help post.
Last edited by ch98 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

What does the field do? Can people go through it. What about special peiople
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

ch98

by ch98 » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:What does the field do? Can people go through it. What about special peiople
sorry for half finished explanation. I am planning to add the feature of letting just the owner through, but not included yet. use steel door for now.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Can someone with working explosive mod test the explosive feature?

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Hello, nice mod.
It would be nice if the forcefield re-generated with an ABM: you can dig nodes under it
Also, TNT just did that:
Last edited by Zeg9 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

deivan

by deivan » Post

Nice. :D

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Zeg9 wrote:Hello, nice mod.
It would be nice if the forcefield re-generated with an ABM: you can dig nodes under it
Also, TNT just did that:
click on forcefield generator to replace forcefield. automatic replace is removed for speeding stuff up. ( I will include that code in newer version.)

ch98

by ch98 » Post

something is wrong with my explosive prevention code. can someone tell me an working one?

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

You might want to take a look at the forcefields I added to technic: https://raw.github.com/RealBadAngel/tec ... efield.lua
They are round, regenerate, and don't have the issue you have where the fields allow you to see through the ground(a little hacky at the moment, I have an idea for how to fix that).
Last edited by ShadowNinja on Sun Apr 21, 2013 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

I have seen that mod. I was trying to make it work with coal and square seemed more fit for buildings then half spheres. Also, I am planning to add spherical forcefield types to next version. thank you for notifying me about seeing through ground. I will try experimenting with draw types.

AnFiadhChu
GitHub: AnFiadhChu
IRC: AnFiadhChu
In-game: AnFiadhChu

Re: [Mod] Forcefield [1.0] [forcefield]

by AnFiadhChu » Post

The download link no longer works.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

AnFiadhChu wrote:The download link no longer works.
I found this one in my archive:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/654 ... 20V1.0.zip

AnFiadhChu
GitHub: AnFiadhChu
IRC: AnFiadhChu
In-game: AnFiadhChu

by AnFiadhChu » Post

Thanks.

Hamguy

by Hamguy » Post

I had transparency working, one time but i stopped progress and forgot where i put the file.
Attachments
Forcefield.rar
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

An idea.
have the every person besides the owner and perhaps additional trusted players added by the owner to be teleported outside the field if the ever happen to get inside
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.