[WIP] Alchemy

Vapalus

[WIP] Alchemy

by Vapalus » Post

As written before, I am currently working on an alchemy mod.
It still is in the first phase, but it works, and it can be configured quite easily.

Overall, I am in the first of three phases (i suppose).
The items you can create are related to how real chemistry works.
First item is the mortar.
You can use it to grind:
stone
cobble
gravel
sand
desert sandstone
leaves
clay bricks
paper
wheat

and

iron lumps
copper lumps
gold lumps
waterlily
ice
sticks
You grind them by slapping the mortar with it.
Actually, those are the basic materials you will need here, since grinding gold will create sulfur, and grinding iron will create hydragyrum. There is a bunch of combinations you can do with those materials.

The next object you can create is the cauldron (I haven't found a good name for it yet), which enables you to recreate the ores for decorative reasons (or to make the grinded material gold/iron/copper again).
You can also use the cauldron with water and lots of silver sand to clean the water and get riverwater. Riverwater will be needed for the Tribikos, a simple distillation.

The cauldron has two "modes", one is filling it with water, and one is filling it with lava.
To melt iron powder or gold powder, you need lava, of course. A cauldron filled with lava and gold can be used to add hydragyrom and create Osmium. I plan to create osmium tools later which will help you drill holes. I will let you experiment with it, if you want to know what to do with it, in "all_receipes.lua" is the collection of all receipes. But, except for osmium and creating the original ores with powder (and also creating the clear riverwater), the use to it is currently a bit limited.

The last is the tribikos.
It handles about the same as the cauldron, that means you build it, slap water inside it, but with one difference:
You need to put an empty glass on it (or something fitting), to create or upgrade flasks.

Example:
First you add normal water. If you put nothing on the tribikos, the water will vaporize and leave you with a tribikos filled with salt. If you slap the tribikos with your hand, the salt will fall out and you can collect it.

Another example: Creating a "green gold flask" which can be used for pulling gold out from underground (in a 6x6x7 area):
Put an emty flask (a.k.a: "default:glass_bottle") on the tribikos to catch the distilled material
First you put riverwater in the tribikos, then you add wheat. After 10 seconds, the glass bottle should be filled with spiritus.
I am pretty sure you will find spiritus useful, so grab that spiritus and do it again several times.
If you leave one spiritus bottle on the tribikos and fill the tribikos itself with spiritus, you can now add hydragyrum.
After 10 Seconds that will distill to a "green iron flask".
Add spiritus and hydragyrom to the tribikos again, and you will distill a "green copper flask".
Do it again and you will get a "green gold flask".

If you put those flasks down in a cave, they will pull out iron/copper/gold from all around them!

That's just a few things you can do. Another is you can create fertilizer.
If you put the fertilizer on the tribikos and add mushroom into the distillery, you will get mushroom fertilizer, which will spawn mushrooms - no matter the lighting, as long as it is on a 3x3 dirt patch.

Currently under construction: The mod should create an html file containing all the receipes of the materials and results. It looks like a piece of garbage atm, and it is one - but that will hopefully get better.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (272.01 KiB) Viewed 361 times
alchemy.zip
(340.3 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Last edited by Vapalus on Mon Mar 05, 2018 07:02, edited 1 time in total.
A man much wiser than me once said: "go away, you are bothering me"

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

Re: [WIP] Alchemy

by TechNolaByte » Post

Really cool!
i advise you to support unified inventory's api for special crafting methods
you should only make it an optional depends as some players don't like or use unified inventory

sooo you register a craft type then you register all the crafts(keep in mind this wont register any functionality except letting players figure out what does what easier

Code: Select all

unified_inventory.register_craft_type("morter_pestle", {
    description = "Slap pestle with item on left\nto get item on right",
    icon = "whatever.png",
    width=1,
    height=1,
})
    unified_inventory.register_craft{
        type = "morter_pestle",
        output = "alchemy:dust_thing 2",--item id
        items = {"gold:whatnot"}--item id
    }

The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Vapalus

by Vapalus » Post

I‘ll keep that in mind for future releases, thanks...
Also, except for farming and vessels, I am trying to have as little dependencies as possible.
So, it’s definitely going to be optional.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Osmium is the densest metal(tied with Iridium).
What is SCP-055?

Vapalus

by Vapalus » Post

Pfft, you ruined it :P

Vapalus

by Vapalus » Post

Just in case anyone is interested, I am still working on it - but I'm primarily trying to make it compatible with any gamemode, instead of relying on "minetest_game" too much.
After that it'll be time for new features.