Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [Server] Survival X

by Stix » Post

Sheriff wrote:
PolySaken wrote:I call bull on that.
You can't never have attacked first.
I've attacked and killed plenty, but never as the initial aggressor--always in defense or to get my stuff back or the stuff of someone else who wasn't an initial aggressor.

If that's hard for you to believe, perhaps it's because you're an aggressor yourself and can't understand someone who isn't.

In my experience, those who initiate aggression are the most prone to go whining to the admin when someone does to them what they have been doing to others.
Killing ppl, especially since i was attacked first, is a far-cry from hacking ppls acount and practically black-mailing them trying to make them pay resources just to get their account back.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Let's move the argument somewhere else. It doesn't even seem to be an intelligent one anymore
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Let's move the argument somewhere else. It doesn't even seem to be an intelligent one anymore
true that.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Let's move the argument somewhere else. It doesn't even seem to be an intelligent one anymore
let's maybe just...
Stop arguing?
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

I'm surprised that its possible to steal an account, but I don't know how the password protection works on minetest. Usually passwords are stored in an encrypted format on a server, not in plaintext, and the client should only transmit them on an encrypted channel and only in that same encrypted format. Even the admins should not be able to read what the password is. You encrypt it, send it to the server, then the server only stores it in its encrypted form. Then every time you log in you type the password, your client encrypts your words and sends the encrypted password to the server over an encrypted channel. The server compares the two encrypted copies before logging you in. Is this not how its done here?

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Hash, not encrypted. And yes, although Minetest uses SRP which is supposedly better than sending a hash.
However, to login to the bot on IRC you need to send your password in plaintext, as there's no other way.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

Its kind a annoying to have all those buildings over the streets, especially at spawn.
Could you protect them higher to prevent buildings above the street?

Attachments
2018-03-28-21-28-03.png
2018-03-28-21-28-03.png (688.93 KiB) Viewed 496 times
2018-03-28-21-02-09.png
2018-03-28-21-02-09.png (618.55 KiB) Viewed 496 times
2018-03-28-21-02-23.png
2018-03-28-21-02-23.png (503.78 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Last edited by ADM17 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

lightseer wrote:I'm surprised that its possible to steal an account, but I don't know how the password protection works on minetest. Usually passwords are stored in an encrypted format on a server, not in plaintext, and the client should only transmit them on an encrypted channel and only in that same encrypted format. Even the admins should not be able to read what the password is. You encrypt it, send it to the server, then the server only stores it in its encrypted form. Then every time you log in you type the password, your client encrypts your words and sends the encrypted password to the server over an encrypted channel. The server compares the two encrypted copies before logging you in. Is this not how its done here?
The accounts that get stolen are usually owned by players who like to tell their passwords to 'friends' or players that use passwords like 1234
I've seen both types before...
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

Thanks for the information, rubenwardly, Lone_Wolf.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

ADM17 wrote:Its kind a annoying to have all those buildings over the streets, especially at spawn.
Could you protect them higher to prevent buildings above the street?
Already offered the same thing when pace built above ufa building.

_________

Sakel, so lets add to rules this restriction: "it is forbidden to build above protects on the ground"?
A simple rule that will solve 99% of disputes of building in the future

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

bosapara wrote: Sakel, so lets add to rules this restriction: "it is forbidden to build above protects on the ground"?
A simple rule that will solve 99% of disputes of building in the future
I totally agree with you, this would prevent damage by this for other players too.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

ADM17 wrote:
bosapara wrote:Sakel, so lets add to rules this restriction: "it is forbidden to build above protects on the ground"? A simple rule that will solve 99% of disputes of building in the future
I totally agree with you, this would prevent damage by this for other players too.
I personally don't think it's a big deal. Kind of reminds me of Blade Runner and Coruscant.

However, if I remember right, there has been a rule against it on this server forever, but it isn't really being enforced.

What I think would be cool is an additional protection-block mod that lets you craft a more expensive protection block that extends up to infinity and can not be placed any deeper than -50 or so. All of the protections around spawn could then be converted to this type, and if anyone complains about someone else building over them, everyone can just tell them, "That's what you get for using cheap protection." :)

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:The accounts that get stolen are usually owned by players who like to tell their passwords to 'friends' or players that use passwords like 1234
I've seen both types before...
It's also possible to create accounts with no password on this server. I've seen a lot of people complain about someone hacking their account, but then when they're asked whether they had a password, they're like, "Well...um....no."

Also, there's a new mod on the server that resets your account back to new (and causes you to lose all of your inventory), if you don't "solidify" it, by logging out at least once, with at least one stick and one steel ingot in your inventory. Fortunately, accounts that already existed before this mod was added were grandfathered in. Otherwise, there would've been a wave of mass hysteria when it was added. :)

Sheriff

Re: [Server] SaKeL World

by Sheriff » Post

SaKeL wrote:NEW
Added Mumble on the server ;)

Mumble Server
Address: 85.214.208.91
Port: 64738
Is Mumble no longer available on this server? I tried 192.187.97.34:64738 but couldn't connect.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Sheriff wrote:
SaKeL wrote:NEW
Added Mumble on the server ;)

Mumble Server
Address: 85.214.208.91
Port: 64738
Is Mumble no longer available on this server? I tried 192.187.97.34:64738 but couldn't connect.
it's 85.214.208.91:64738 not 192.187.97.34:64738

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

PolySaken wrote:it's 85.214.208.91:64738 not 192.187.97.34:64738
I tried that one before I tried the 192.* address and couldn't connect to it either. Does that one work for you?

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Sheriff wrote:
PolySaken wrote:it's 85.214.208.91:64738 not 192.187.97.34:64738
I tried that one before I tried the 192.* address and couldn't connect to it either. Does that one work for you?
not anymore (-_-)

smeagol
GitHub: smeagol
IRC: smeagol
In-game: smeagol

by smeagol » Post

can we VOTE on removing all Span Balls and Bows until kill detection works in spawn, so many people killing novice players and taking their stuff where they can't even defend themselves. Or, why not prevent dying on walkable nodes (rail, flowers, ladders). Not that hard to search for closest "air" node on death. both Sceleton and javier557 are on there now, just killing everyone and hoping they will drop their stuff.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

smeagol wrote:can we VOTE on removing all Span Balls and Bows until kill detection works in spawn, so many people killing novice players and taking their stuff where they can't even defend themselves. Or, why not prevent dying on walkable nodes (rail, flowers, ladders). Not that hard to search for closest "air" node on death. both Sceleton and javier557 are on there now, just killing everyone and hoping they will drop their stuff.
I would vote against that. My friends and I enjoy punishing bullies, so they're already being dealt with whenever any of us is on. If we programmatically block bullying too much (like has been done on Legends of Survival), it will feel like a CREATIVE server, and a lot of people who prefer the challenge of a survival server will leave.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Sheriff wrote:
smeagol wrote:can we VOTE on removing all Span Balls and Bows until kill detection works in spawn, so many people killing novice players and taking their stuff where they can't even defend themselves. Or, why not prevent dying on walkable nodes (rail, flowers, ladders). Not that hard to search for closest "air" node on death. both Sceleton and javier557 are on there now, just killing everyone and hoping they will drop their stuff.
I would vote against that. My friends and I enjoy punishing bullies, so they're already being dealt with whenever any of us is on. If we programmatically block bullying too much (like has been done on Legends of Survival), it will feel like a CREATIVE server, and a lot of people who prefer the challenge of a survival server will leave.
smeagol wrote:... until kill detection works in spawn ...

wander

by wander » Post

Hi i have been playing on this server for quite some time and i recently haven't been able to login due to a timeout error can anyone offer some advice im on windows 10 with a intel core i3 4030u at 1.9ghz 4gb of ram and 500gb hard drive i dont think its the hard where but im no networking guru or anything but any help would be appreciated thank you ~wander

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Sakel, how about to fix all this grief (imho) actions?

Water/sand on the rails, buildings that built above another buildings or farms, building above rails way and etc

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

wander wrote:Hi i have been playing on this server for quite some time and i recently haven't been able to login due to a timeout error can anyone offer some advice im on windows 10 with a intel core i3 4030u at 1.9ghz 4gb of ram and 500gb hard drive i dont think its the hard where but im no networking guru or anything but any help would be appreciated thank you ~wander
Try other servers to see if you are having the same problem. Try logging in at different times of day. Try logging in under a different account name. Try it at another map location, such as far away from other players and away from machines. These are some simple things you can do that may help you find out where problems happen. It could be caused by almost anything from a mod interaction to a network problem to a server problem. I am having some similar problems but can't troubleshoot them as I do not have time to try things out right now.

qwerasd333

by qwerasd333 » Post

aaaaand the spawn is griefed...

FlitzPiepe built this structure above spawn, if his machines work i guess he can also remove it

or maybe Admin or mod can take them over, reverse direction and remove water
Flitzpiepe.png
Flitzpiepe.png (132.01 KiB) Viewed 496 times
spawn1.png
spawn1.png (932.15 KiB) Viewed 496 times
spawn2.png
spawn2.png (766.51 KiB) Viewed 496 times

m8ii

Water fall

by m8ii » Post

Water fall around spawn.
Attachments
screenshot_20180416_140034.png
screenshot_20180416_140034.png (402.54 KiB) Viewed 496 times
screenshot_20180416_135926.png
screenshot_20180416_135926.png (459.43 KiB) Viewed 496 times
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)