What happened leading up to this?
May God be with you, always.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.36.3]

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

I had put 2 items in an itemframe (apples).
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Can I safely assume that the item frame was at the mentioned position?

I don't think more than 1 item should be able to go into an item frame.

u34

by u34 » Post

https://github.com/Treer/amidstest/rele ... v1.0-beta3
Tool with support of mineclone_2 biomes... yeahhhh

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Keep up the good work, Wuzzy!
What is SCP-055?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Nice screenshots!
Amidstest looks interesting but I don't know how to compile or run it and I am too lazy to figure it out.

As you have probably noticed, it has been quite quiet around MineClone 2 development. I have no idea when serious work on this will continue.
I do not wish to abandon this project, but it is on “basic life support” now.

Now that Minecraft 1.13 is in the works, I should clarify some things:
  • The core development target for the MCL2 1.0.0 release still remains at “cloning Minecraft 1.11 PC Edition”
  • Features in MC 1.13 will be ignored … for now. This update is simply too huge. This update is very tempting to clone as well but I must focus my development to even have a chance to reach the MCL2 1.0.0 milestone
  • But trivial changes from MC 1.13 might just sneak in … like I did with MC 1.12 stuff.
  • After I reached MCL2 1.0.0 release, this opens up the gate for all future updates, plus maybe my own ideas (not sure yet).
  • Minecraft 1.13 will change the liquids system. I will probably never adopt this change.
In the meantime, why not building cool stuff and showing off more screenshots? :-)

GamingAssociation39

Maybe you could get close to 1.13 water but it's your choice though. 1 thing that I'd like to see is XP being added.

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Definitely need xp.

GamingAssociation39

I have an old XP mod that I had found a while ago. Even though it has disappeared from the forums.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

XP is one of the oldest MC features, way older than 1.11, so obviously part of the project goal.
Again, the project goal is Minecraft 1.11 PC Edition.
You do not have to remind or convince me all the freaking time to implement features up to MC 1.11, it's already part of the goal. ;-)

Note that XP alone are not very useful. XP only really make sense together with enchantments. This is the big one. It will require a lot of work and I have no idea yet when I start with this. But I do know that enchantments need to be implemented first, before XP.

FAQ:
Q: Is Minecraft feature XYZ part of the project goal (v1.0.0)?

A:
- If it's part of MC 1.11 or older, then the answer almost certainly yes.
- For complicated obscure non-gameplay features like TTS the answer is no.
- For arbitrary technical restrictions, the answer is no.
- If it's not part of MC 1.11, the answer is no, at least for the MCL2 1.0.0 milestone.

------------------------

The new liquid system would mean major changes for little reward, and I also personally dislike the new paradigm. It waters down the paradigm of “1 block = 1 thing”.
Also, it would require serious support from Minetest first, and this is an absolute must for liquids IMO. I am definitely not hacking together a Lua-based liquid.
This thing is not part of the 1.0.0 milestone and it's unlikely it will ever land on my to-do list even after that milestone.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Wuzzy wrote:XP is one of the oldest MC features, way older than 1.11, so obviously part of the project goal.
Again, the project goal is Minecraft 1.11 PC Edition.
You do not have to remind or convince me all the freaking time to implement features up to MC 1.11, it's already part of the goal. ;-)

Note that XP alone are not very useful. XP only really make sense together with enchantments. This is the big one. It will require a lot of work and I have no idea yet when I start with this. But I do know that enchantments need to be implemented first, before XP.

FAQ:
Q: Is Minecraft feature XYZ part of the project goal (v1.0.0)?

A:
- If it's part of MC 1.11 or older, then the answer almost certainly yes.
- For complicated obscure non-gameplay features like TTS the answer is no.
- For arbitrary technical restrictions, the answer is no.
- If it's not part of MC 1.11, the answer is no, at least for the MCL2 1.0.0 milestone.

------------------------

The new liquid system would mean major changes for little reward, and I also personally dislike the new paradigm. It waters down the paradigm of “1 block = 1 thing”.
Also, it would require serious support from Minetest first, and this is an absolute must for liquids IMO. I am definitely not hacking together a Lua-based liquid.
This thing is not part of the 1.0.0 milestone and it's unlikely it will ever land on my to-do list even after that milestone.
Legend Of Minetest has a XP mod you may be able to use.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

There's also the enchantment table from xdecor, and the special picks from the special_picks mod. Auto-smelting, and fortune picks.
What is SCP-055?

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

So, still no simple villages and villagers, uh? :/
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Hey @Wuzzy couldnt you implement holding down right click to eat in the same way Arcelmis bow mod works, by "permanantly querying" the right mouse button as you say it?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

yep would be nice!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Wuzzy

Version 0.37.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.37.0 is released! The Bow Update!
https://i.imgur.com/HKC25jL.png

List of changes:
  • Rework of bow and arrows
    • Fluid charging of bow, hold down right mouse button to charge
    • Arrow damage and speed increase linearly the longer you charge
    • New appearance of flying arrow
    • Arrows can push wooden buttons
    • Arrows may now be stuck in blocks and despawn after 1 minute after that
    • Stuck arrows can be picked up
    • Arrows slow down in liquids (proper liquid physics are still W.I.P.)
    • Play sound if arrow hits player
  • Rework player speed changes. A couple of bugs related to player speed changes are fixed now
  • Hide some unfinished items from the Creative Inventory (Minecart with Command Block, Minecart with Hopper, Minecart with Furnace, Minecart with Chest, Activator Rail, Fishing Rod)
  • Boats are now placed in the direction you're facing
For this release, thanks go out to:
Arcelmi, for creating the mods “ [bow]” (viewtopic.php?t=18310) and “controls” (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18471). I have included the controls mod and based some of the new arrow code on Arcelmi's bow mod.
Stix wrote: Hey @Wuzzy couldnt you implement holding down right click to eat in the same way Arcelmis bow mod works, by "permanantly querying" the right mouse button as you say it?
No, that's not a priority for now. I'm waiting for a better engine support regarding controls, the bow controls still feel like a hack to me (yet they work), I don't want to add another hack on top. ;)
Last edited by Wuzzy on Sat May 12, 2018 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: Version 0.37.0 released!

by Stix » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Stix wrote: Hey @Wuzzy couldnt you implement holding down right click to eat in the same way Arcelmis bow mod works, by "permanantly querying" the right mouse button as you say it?
No, that's not a priority for now. I'm waiting for a better engine support regarding controls, the bow controls still feel like a hack to me (yet they work), I don't want to add another hack on top. ;)
This looks great! but the real question is, will they damage mobs or fly through them ;)
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.37.0]

by Wuzzy » Post

This looks great! but the real question is, will they damage mobs or fly through them ;)
Oops. No, arrows might still not be reliable on that. I always tended to forget about that one.
Minetest does not yet any proper collision detection between objects, so I have to make estimates in the code.

Anyway, I have just increased the mob detection range for mobs, it should be a bit better in the next version.

u34

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.37.0]

by u34 » Post

Attachments
minetest_mineclone2_bow_001.png
minetest_mineclone2_bow_001.png (105.59 KiB) Viewed 795 times

Wuzzy

0.38.0 is here!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.38.0 is here! Nicknamed “The Quick Update”!
  • Increase arrow hit range from 2 to 3. It should now be easier to hit animals and monsters with bows
  • Items which have been named via anvil now show their name when placed in item frame and pointing to it
  • New jukebox texture
  • Redstone comparators now detect the following (besides containers): Music disc in jukebox, item frame with item, cake, filled cauldron, end portal frame with eye
  • Add particles when digging banner
  • When going far from banners, they still disappear, but at least you can always see the banner stand
  • Add “End Portal Frame with Eye of Ender” into creative inventory
  • More variations of mega spruce trees and large oaks. Trees are now officially finished.
  • Fix jukeboxes destroying music disc metadata (e.g. custom name)
Compability notes:
I have reworked item frames. If your item frame has an item inside, an "unknown object" will appear when you update. This is harmless, you can just punch it to destroy it. Your item is safe, it's just a graphical glitch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

GamingAssociation39

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.38.0]

Will torches ever have a particle effect?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Will torches ever have a particle effect?
It will be done when the time has come.
Mysterious music plays.

Ektod
In-game: ektod

by Ektod » Post

I have been using your game for a WHILE, and i have tons of ideas!

1. Pay more attention to the little things instead of just adding a bunch of content, for example: a minecraft like FOV would be wonderful; disable node lines in the mobs, maybe edit game moving physics etc.

2. Textures! give me something more like cartoon, or textures i can easily recognize. Most texturepacks are incompatible with mineclone2 :(

3. You eat the food too fast!

4. Redstone! when a piston is activated check all near nodes (sand and gravel actually doesn't fall, and i had other minor issues).

5.Nice mod Bro ;P

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Ektod wrote:I have been using your game for a WHILE, and i have tons of ideas!

1. disable node lines in the mobs
If he did that you wouldn't be able to hit the mobs. You can disable the lines in your client by changing this setting to 'Disabled':
Ektod wrote:2. Textures! give me something more like cartoon, or textures i can easily recognize. Most texturepacks are incompatible with mineclone2 :(
I personally don't like the current texturepack either. Some forum members are making a texturepack for this game though. It isn't done but it covers some of the basics
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18559
Ektod wrote:3. You eat the food too fast!
That may be fixed soon. Not sure...
Ektod wrote:5.Nice mod Bro ;P
They actually call this a game :P
([GAME])

EDIT: Whoops, wrong picture/setting
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Thanks for your feedback! It means a lot to me. :-)
1. Pay more attention to the little things instead of just adding a bunch of content, for example: a minecraft like FOV would be wonderful; disable node lines in the mobs, maybe edit game moving physics etc.
Note these particular features are related to the engine, so it's out of scope of MineClone 2.
One of the design principles is that I try to work what the engine has to offer me, rather than hack around it (unless there's absolutely no other way). I have several bug entries which are currently unsolvable without further engine improvements. My strategy is to file feature requests for Minetest and wait it out. :P

As for the little things, I'm aware of that. The problem is, there's just so many! :D It will take time. And yes, you're right, it is better to get the things working and stable which I already have. I really have to hold myself back sometimes (this is harder than it sounds!) …
2. Textures! give me something more like cartoon, or textures i can easily recognize. Most texturepacks are incompatible with mineclone2 :(
Not surprising. Most texturepacks in these forums are made for Minetest Game. MineClone 2 is fundamentally different from Minetest Game, so obviously they are not magically compatible.

Note that with Minecraft resource packs, the story is different. Of course, there is no automatic compability with those, but I have written a Python script to automatically generate a MineClone 2 texture pack from a resource pack. For anyone interested, check out the “tools” directory in the repository.
It's not 100% complete and still some manual work is needed after the conversion, but it already saves you a ton of work and the result is more or less usable for playing. Successful conversions might be posted in the Texture Packs subforum (but beware the license).

I am currently not against the idea of switching the core textures once again, but it's not a high priority. I will only seriously consider a switch if it's a serious improvement. Loosely resembling Minecraft-style (while not being an obvious 1:1 copy, very important!) is a plus, but not a must.
Currently, I consider texture work to be mostly a community thing right now, so if you want to something done, you're on your own.
I will, however, answer questions on my converter script.
3. You eat the food too fast!
I don't know what you mean exactly. Probably that eating should be a process-like event and not a point event like now? Meaning that when you eat, you are blocked from doing anything else for a short time.
Currently, the game at least blocks you from eating food in quick succession.
I can't think of a better solution with the current engine yet; I fear no significant improvements can be made without further engine improvements. :-(

But it's a valid point nonetheless, so thanks for bringing this up.
4. Redstone! when a piston is activated check all near nodes (sand and gravel actually doesn't fall, and i had other minor issues).
%§!§$!%&"!!

Those freaking pistons! >_> I thought this was already fixed. Grrrr!
Yes, there is no excuse for that, it obviously must be fixed. Thanks.

It would be ultra nice of you if you would direct further bug reports into:
https://github.com/Wuzzy2/MineClone2-Bugs/issues
Nice mod
Hah. Calling this giant project a “mod” is a huuuuuge understatement and also completely false. :P
Technically, this game contains hundreds of mods. As all games in Minetest are technically a collection of mods (plus some metadata) which together make (hopefully) a complete game.