[mod] Smithy [smithy]

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

[mod] Smithy [smithy]

by csirolli » Post

Smithy
A wip mod that adds anvils, cauldrons, and alloy furnaces to MineTest for slightly more difficult metal forging.
Features
Anvil
Anvil uses the Cottages mod's anvil as a base, and will add more functionality than just fixing tools. Metal craft items will have to be made through the anvil. Uses "glooptest_tool_steelhammer.png" for the hammer (what mod with an anvil doesn't?) and "default_stone.png" for the anvil texture.
Screenshots
Alloy Furnace
The alloy furnace is used for alloying different metals together to create new metals. Currently, this doesn't work nor are there any built-in recipes yet. Based off of the Lord Of The Test game's dual furnace. Looks just like a normal furnace and uses the same textures, with the exception of the front side. It uses a combination of LOTT's dual furnace's front texture and the default furnace front texture.
Screenshots
Cauldron
Cauldrons are used to store water and to cool down hot ingots (any item with the group "hot_ingot" set to 1). These originally came from lottpotion mod, but the textures were changed to use "default_furnace_bottom.png" from the default mod and a combination of the "lottpotion_cauldron_top.png" and "default_furnace_bottom". I changed the original cauldron code from LOTT a lot. I reorganized the code, added a function other mods can use to add other types of cauldrons, new ways to fill them, and (of course) added a way to cool hot ingots (current method is punching the cauldron).
Screenshots
Glass Bottle (Water)
Added glass bottle filled with water. Vessels was lacking it, so I added it. It can be filled like a bucket can. Can be used fill a cauldron to 1/3 more than what it was. Texture based off of "vessels_glass_bottle.png" and (I think) "default_water.png".
Download
Github zip: https://github.com/ChristianSirolli/Smi ... master.zip
Github src: https://github.com/ChristianSirolli/Smithy
To Do
  • Make the alloy furnace functionable
  • Change the cauldrons to be more furnace like, using a formspec and a timer to cool ingots.
  • Add crafting to the anvil
Other Image(s)
Each item as an inventory item.
All cauldrons together

About Textures
  • The formspec background made by texmex; found in Good Morning Craft texture pack. License: CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 UK
  • Anvil hammer(s) texture(s) come from Glooptest mod by GloopMaster. License: CC BY-SA 3.0
  • Furnace sides and top textures came from pulled from default (as a dependency). Being that images for the front of the alloy furnace are modifications of the furnace front images, they is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.
  • Cauldron top image is a modification of fishyWET's "lottpotion_cauldron_top.png" from the lottpotion mod in the LOTT game combined with "default_furnace_bottom.png" from the default mod. Thankfully, they are both under the same license. License: CC BY-SA 3.0
  • The "vessels_water.png" is used as an overlay for the Glass Bottle (Water) item. It is made from the vessels mod's "vessels_glass_bottle.png" and another image for the water (I don't know where that came from). License: CC BY-SA 3.0
Last edited by csirolli on Wed May 23, 2018 20:38, edited 2 times in total.

csirolli

Re: [mod] Smithy [smithy]

by csirolli » Post

Hot ingots will be part of another wip mod called Real Metals [metals].

Hamlet
IRC: H4mlet
In-game: Hamlet

by Hamlet » Post

This looks promising, I'll keep an eye on it.
My repositories: Codeberg.org | My ContentDB's page

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Looks nice! I like the aim of ”slightly more difficult metal forging” which I’ve been looking for. Bonus for using my GMC formspec background :)

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

I just added some code that causes the glass bottle to be fillable like a bucket.

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

What makes this mod difficult? I couldn't figure out what the new mechanics are from your description.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Byakuren wrote:What makes this mod difficult? I couldn't figure out what the new mechanics are from your description.
It is supposed to add more complexity to making metal. The anvil will be used for crafting metal tools, armor and items, along with fixing tools and armor. The alloy furnace will eventually be able to used for making alloys. These features are yet to come, and I may need some help with it.

I am also working on a metal mod that depends on this mod. Metals cooked in the normal furnace or alloy furnace will become hot ingots, which are to be cooled in the cauldron.

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

So it just increases the steps required to craft a metal tool?
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Byakuren wrote:So it just increases the steps required to craft a metal tool?
Pretty much. Also adds a "hot" version of the metal.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Nice to see a mod that adds some tools to make metalwork more intresting and realistic. Did you ever take a look at RealTest? That's also pretty advanced regarding metals as such. There's a whole bunch of ores that need to be melted and turned into alloys and worked into the desired endproduct on the anvil by using a plan on paper.
A list of my mods can be found here.