[Server] Capture the Flag Server

KGM

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by KGM » Post

How about a ctf with magical weapons?
and how about classes?
How about players "force" increasing with kills and decreasing with deaths?
If I modified your subgame in such a way, would you think about setting up a server?
When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them.

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

KGM wrote:How about a ctf with magical weapons?
and how about classes?
If I modified your subgame in such a way, would you think about setting up a server?
Player classes has already been proposed: https://github.com/rubenwardy/capturetheflag/issues/19
Last edited by ANAND on Wed May 30, 2018 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
KGM wrote:How about a ctf with magical weapons?
and how about classes?
Interesting suggestions...

BTW, player classes has already been proposed: https://github.com/rubenwardy/capturetheflag/issues/19
looking at the thread this links too, people are proposing to make CTF like the best FPS game in history: the OG SWBF2 :)
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Gaara
GitHub: Gaara95
IRC: Gaara
In-game: Gaara

by Gaara » Post

KGM wrote:How about players "force" increasing with kills and decreasing with deaths?
Mind elaborating?
Ninja cat of justice and valor!

Stix

by Stix » Post

@rubenwardy could you re-add the map as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJs5f92kKPo back to CTF but without apples? (one team was far away from trees). as many older players like myself would like to see this classic map return.

*EDIT: also i suggest you look at SWBF2 for player classes idea as its already perfectly implemented there imo (the original one not the reboot).

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Had one of those rare awesome teamwork moments. We were hiding next to enemy base with all the pros of the team and plotting plans how to get flag. It was so much fun.

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:Had one of those rare awesome teamwork moments. We were hiding next to enemy base with all the pros of the team and plotting plans how to get flag. It was so much fun.
All the game was pure fun, I enjoyed it a lot too (even if we were a bit less organized and maybe too much focused on defence)
This moment when we were waiting for pizzaboy to capture the flag at our base, and that IceAgeComing killed him and stole our flag... XD
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

Stix wrote:@rubenwardy could you re-add the map as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJs5f92kKPo back to CTF but without apples? (one team was far away from trees). as many older players like myself would like to see this classic map return.

*EDIT: also i suggest you look at SWBF2 for player classes idea as its already perfectly implemented there imo (the original one not the reboot).
Yes, I would like to see this map again (it's the map I started on), but I would like it if the apples stayed. I've never noticed if one team was winning more than the other on this map.

As for the class idea, I'm a bit skeptical of this if it's what I think it is (not sure, maybe KGM should elaborate).

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

Flying chest :D
Attachments
screenshot_20180527_173054.png
screenshot_20180527_173054.png (939.21 KiB) Viewed 723 times

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:Had one of those rare awesome teamwork moments. We were hiding next to enemy base with all the pros of the team and plotting plans how to get flag. It was so much fun.
Team-work with pros is always fun! :D
Waterbug wrote:As for the class idea, I'm a bit skeptical of this if it's what I think it is (not sure, maybe KGM should elaborate).
Refer to this issue on GitHub
Coder12 wrote:Flying chest :D
Someone get a rifle and shoot it down! QUICK!!! :O
My Mods

Punk

by Punk » Post

What are these green arrows in hud bar?

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Punk wrote:What are these green arrows in hud bar?
The green arrows represent stamina, which is used for sprinting. If you're on a PC, hold down 'E' while moving forward. You can only sprint until your stamina is depleted and once you stop sprinting, your stamina will start to replenish automatically.
My Mods

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I can stop sprinting even if my stamina is just halfway used.
What is SCP-055?

Punk

by Punk » Post

Oh, thanks. I stole the enemy flag but I don't knew who use that.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Are all csm's bannable? if not then which ones can i use here? i like to use chatbell and chest_inspector on most servers and im wondering if i could use them here? @rubenwardy

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Stix wrote:Are all csm's bannable? if not then which ones can i use here? i like to use chatbell and chest_inspector on most servers and im wondering if i could use them here? @rubenwardy
chest_inspect is kind of pointless for CTF. So I'm not sure why you're asking about that. And chatbell should be fine. Unless (being notified when your name is used it chat?) is considered a cheat...
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

Stix wrote:Are all csm's bannable? if not then which ones can i use here? i like to use chatbell and chest_inspector on most servers and im wondering if i could use them here? @rubenwardy
What's the link of the chest inspector? I can't see it in csm topic.
Idk if its banable. I never used it for every match.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Enrikoo wrote:
What's the link of the chest inspector? I can't see it in csm topic.
Idk if its banable. I never used it for every match.
It's a banned CSM. Only time you could get it is when it was first posted
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

PETE
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer

by PETE » Post

Waterbug wrote:
Stix wrote:@rubenwardy could you re-add the map as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJs5f92kKPo back to CTF but without apples? (one team was far away from trees). as many older players like myself would like to see this classic map return.

Yes, I would like to see this map again (it's the map I started on), but I would like it if the apples stayed. I've never noticed if one team was winning more than the other on this map.

As for the class idea, I'm a bit skeptical of this if it's what I think it is (not sure, maybe KGM should elaborate).

Those were the memories of everyone that played from a long time ago also I think you should have the score 1000+ to use certain kits so people don't go and abuse. also, I feel sorry for the i pad nubs they should be given some sort of way to beat godly players so the server can be more challenging.
Whats the trick? I wish I knew

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

PETE wrote: godly players
Ahahah..

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

PETE wrote:I feel sorry for the i pad nubs they should be given some sort of way to beat godly players so the server can be more challenging.
They do have a very powerful weapon at their disposal - themselves. No, really! If you've played on a phone, you'll know that it's very tough to aim at a player, but once you've got them in your iron-sight, they're dead within milliseconds. What's also worthy of mentioning is that the nubs have no difficulty in aiming at you in tunnels. :P
My Mods

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

When I come on during the evening hours and there is nobody else around except steve and Anime35 and a buncha noobs:
{Steve, Anime35 = Team Red}
{Me = Team Blue}

1: I steal Steve's flag.

2: He steals my flag and digs underneath his base and hides from me.

3: I lurk around for a few more minutes before finishing him off finally.

4: I run back to my base but before I get there Steve has already stolen my flag again. (Fast!)

5: We chase each other around the map until my flag timer times out, and he gets away the lil' thief! (But dies shortly afterwards by my wrath)

6: I steal his flag again.

7: He steals mine. Chase continues as usual, until I finally manage to catch him.

8: I start going back to my base with the flag, but Anime35 gets there first and takes my flag.

9: I try to stop her, succeed at long last but as I return to finally capture the flag Steve steals my flag and runs for it.

{Repeat Process}
I'm not sure if the events happened in this exact order, but you get the idea. It's like playing against two loulicats. XD

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

Banned again! I killed like 6 peoples and got been banned.
I get only banned there what I need to do? I use good texture pack (pvp pack) whats there so bad? Thats all unfair. Look, I played a round in CTF server. I played the caverns map, but some enemies hide and then kill me. I'm dieing faster than him.

I looked about the teamworkers in this thread, they did spawnkill too, that enemies don't kill the one, who have the flag. Some of them protect the man who have the flag. Why one person didn't get banned?

I need a quiz about anything what I forget to agree. Idk what I forgot.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Enrikoo wrote:Banned again! I killed like 6 peoples and got been banned.
I get only banned there what I need to do? I use good texture pack (pvp pack) whats there so bad? Thats all unfair. Look, I played a round in CTF server. I played the caverns map, but some enemies hide and then kill me. I'm dieing faster than him.

I looked about the teamworkers in this thread, they did spawnkill too, that enemies don't kill the one, who have the flag. Some of them protect the man who have the flag. Why one person didn't get banned?

I need a quiz about anything what I forget to agree. Idk what I forgot.
How many people you killed doesn't matter - neither does that count determine whether a player spawn-killed or not.
It's not considered to be spawn-killing if your team-mate has the enemy flag and you kill a handful of people nearby to protect them; but you stayed back in the enemy base and kept killing players (just 6 of them, I get it -_-) while the player carrying the flag was far from danger. As you yourself admitted, Kat was screaming at you to stop, and so did a few others to which you did not even bother to listen. You were reported once and many others were probably in the process of reporting you the moment you were temp-banned.

Using texture-packs, ammo-packs and tetra-packs, or playing @ 60 FPS does not warrant spawn-killing, just stop saying so many excuses. And there could never be a lamer excuse for spawn-killing than "self-defence"; seriously...
My Mods

PETE
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer

by PETE » Post

ANAND wrote:
PETE wrote:I feel sorry for the i pad nubs they should be given some sort of way to beat godly players so the server can be more challenging.
They do have a very powerful weapon at their disposal - themselves. No, really! If you've played on a phone, you'll know that it's very tough to aim at a player, but once you've got them in your iron-sight, they're dead within milliseconds. What's also worthy of mentioning is that the nubs have no difficulty in aiming at you in tunnels. :P

I pad nubs should be able to also move there crosshair around while they hit just like pc players
Whats the trick? I wish I knew