[Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

Michael Eh?

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Post

Regulus is regularly on now so I think things are looking up.

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Hallelujah!
May God be with you, always.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Now that Regulus and some sanity returned to the server, I've been building.

Some problems with space teleports, I placed one as a marker in space to build a space buoy to mark a boundary that the same as boundary on Mars. Built the space buoy then return to remove space teleport on the ground but the space teleport in space still remains. Was able to cover over teleport behind light stone and still have blinking plant power the light stone. Another glitch is one can't place a block in space with the usual SHIFT+right click.

The space buoy is test bed for space race course.

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

Would rollback command work on vorhees to undo all his griefings and stuff? that would be nice, but server would need a backup before
I don't have anything important to say.

Phoen

by Phoen » Post

Sorry for my nooby question. I wish to know more info about obdy mining, because I didn't found enough of this theme in the net. In Mars I found many ores of obdy, but I can't mining it with conventional pickaxes (including the diamond and mese) Then, how is possible to extract this material? (very hard)
Thank you for the attention :)

Sires

by Sires » Post

Hello, I'm creator of obdy mod, if you want to "mine" it you'll need an special pickaxe... made out of it... "only obdy mines obdy"
To craft some starting obdy to get the rest just do like that:
First you need to craft something that's called a table, do like that:

Code: Select all

- - -
O D D
I I I
Where - is air, O is obsidian, D is diamond block and I is iron ingots or steel ingots.
Then you take that table and put into the furnace, in about 1 minute you'll get your first obdy shard, get another one and craft the obdy grabber:

- O -
- O -
- S -
Where O is obdy and S is stick. Then you have your obdy grabber to grab some obdy ores and craft other stuff with them. You may notice some bugs or things like that(if you do just PM me), but it's because the server admin is inactive(or I just didn't find him online), so I can't ask him to update the mod

I'm happy someone still cares about my mod...

Phoen

by Phoen » Post

Sires wrote:Hello, I'm creator of obdy mod, if you want to "mine" it you'll need an special pickaxe... made out of it... "only obdy mines obdy"
To craft some starting obdy to get the rest just do like that:
First you need to craft something that's called a table, do like that:

- - -
O D D
I I I
Where - is air, O is obsidian, D is diamond block and I is iron ingots or steel ingots.
Then you take that table and put into the furnace, in about 1 minute you'll get your first obdy shard, get another one and craft the obdy grabber:

- O -
- O -
- S -
Where O is obdy and S is stick. Then you have your obdy grabber to grab some obdy ores and craft other stuff with them. You may notice some bugs or things like that(if you do just PM me), but it's because the server admin is inactive(or I just didn't find him online), so I can't ask him to update the mod

I'm happy someone still cares about my mod...
Thank you very much. It appear like a complicated way, but it is the fun in this server XD
I'll try to craft some of this tonight

Phoen

by Phoen » Post

Ok. I know I am an annoying person, but this server have me very interested. I love the technic mod. And just for that, I carry this new question. I read before in this forum about the insufficient stuff for some machines. God Mars made it so I could interview with Regulus one time (maybe it was just casuality), but he explain me about the way for obtain latex without a compressor.
Ok. I had solve my problems with latex, and obdy. But some machines needs energy in High Voltage (HV), but now comes the trouble again: Solar Cell needs a fine wire of silver.
I see many shops, but I found few that offer silver. And those have not in stock.
Ok, maybe is there another option... A nuclear plant for example. But it needs composite materials as graphite or composed ingot. They needs a compressor for be maked, and the compressor needs silver.
Next to so long introduction, here comes my question: some basic materials as silver, white sand, tin, and others only can be imported of Earth?
Is possible restart the map generator including them just as the obdy was included?
A last observation: The demands of iron is giant, in a point that I do not mind if I lose diamonds, but if I lose just one simply iron ingot, it is a pain XD.
Thank you for read my observations about unavailables stuffs, I hope it could be useful for improve this fascinating server.

Our lives for the God Mars! >:v

Sires

by Sires » Post

Phoen wrote:Ok. I know I am an annoying person
Nope, not at all, I like answering questions here(even if I don't play anymore there, I think changes should be done, and I prefer saying my ideas directly to Regulus). Next
Phoen wrote:I love the technic mod.
Same :). Next
Phoen wrote:I read before in this forum about the insufficient stuff for some machines. [...]
Ok. I had solve my problems with latex, and obdy. But some machines needs energy in High Voltage (HV), but now comes the trouble again: Solar Cell needs a fine wire of silver.
I see many shops, but I found few that offer silver. And those have not in stock.
Yeah, I never agreed about not having admin shops and also about the current shop mod... That's one of the things limiting me to play there.
Phoen wrote:Is possible restart the map generator including them just as the obdy was included?
Indeed it is possible, not really restarting the mapgen, but I could write the code myself for updating the mapblocks where ppl didn't interact with. But again, contact with admins is kinda hard I guess. I'd love to be somewhat of a trusted server-coder :P
Phoen wrote:A last observation: The demands of iron is giant, in a point that I do not mind if I lose diamonds, but if I lose just one simply iron ingot, it is a pain XD.
While I was playing there, in a certain time I started buying iron with diamonds lol.

Sires

by Sires » Post

https://imgur.com/a/UCr2zDo

This is enough, ban whoever is doing this, it's not too hard to find the person, just search the logs for the position

Also dfhjr's house was griefed too, someone here is very mad and shall be punished(my best guess is vorhees again)

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

looks more like some kid work than Vorhees.

Some good news that Regulus has changed the settings so that protector block actual works so you can't 'grief and enter'. You use to dig into a protected space but now you get knocked around so it doesn't work plus it logs the intrusion. Regulus was also open to adding a jail or hell teleport if you try to grief a protected space like other servers.

With that I started building again....

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

Is there an issue with the server? It seems to have been down a few days now.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Server still down... fails connecting to server. Too bad I was just getting into stride with the companion cube ship.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

The shuttles and fighters of Mars Survive... along side my Companion Cube ship.
Newest fighter by Regulus is faster but still can't fire.

Phoen

by Phoen » Post

Slowly, we are doing cities and friendships :)

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

How do you pull up the map hud? Been trying to figure out.

Maybe we need a land vehicle like the lunar rover for the game. =)

Me Me and Me
In-game: MeMeandMe2 Regulus

by Me Me and Me » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:How do you pull up the map hud? Been trying to figure out.

Maybe we need a land vehicle like the lunar rover for the game. =)
You can enable the map with [f7] or [shift-f7].

We can use one of the vehicle api's and a new model to make a land vehicle.
We'll probably have it done within a week or two.
I Love Formspecs!

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

by NetYard5 » Post

Hi Regulus, can you restock the shop spawn that sells spacesuit? its stock has been empty long time since I early plays here

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

for whatever reason my new water tower of LV hydro generator is causing server crashes. :P I'm using power converter to MV to power centrifuges... wishing pipe works would work.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Faraway road system built for the most part...

backup ore shop beside hyperloop. I have my own shop with the basics. Roads won't go any further north... maybe south and east.

CORRECTION: Roads won't go further south... the map is flip. North is bottom, South is top towards spawn.

Free to build... NO QUARRIES in town! build on the outskirts!
Last edited by Michael Eh? on Sat Sep 22, 2018 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Beware of Autumn_Days! A persistant troll that likes player killing. That is until I found the compartment base was great to trap him and drop a lava in the room. He seems unconcerned about even being IP banned. He uses home button to snap back once he's inside your base even if you kill him. Geez. Just as I was getting into building for benefit of other players, jerks like this come along.

Spaceport on hold for now though its just about finished but the main roof and some minor layout changes. Runway is in.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Okay Mars Space Port at FarAway is 80% finished. Clean up of interior, pressurizing, decor and lower concourse. With a bug in hyperloop metal recipe (won't work with tin currently in shops) I have only ONE working elevator leading to the control tower and mezzanine.

So what is next? Well other than having Regulus and archfan setup shops selling space suits, ships and orbital portals; the space port is nothing more than eye candy. So what else can be put in a space port?

Shuttle Bays

To the north along the road is protected area which could be handed to select players to build their own shuttle stations. Not planning yet to build structures but not ruled out.

Portals and star gates

Well we need destinations. We got space craft. Why not portals or star gates to fly to a deep space destination.

MESE portals is an interesting mod fine but the recipe require bucket of lava.

He refers to the mod by RealBadAngel... Stargate

So how could be useful? The admins could setup portals to asteroid belt in DEEP space aka 10,000 or more and players could build bases off the asteroids. It might end up the asteroids are protected blocks and you have to buy to build.

Fly me to Phobos/Deimos
There is several moon mods. I expect tickets to transport to the moons of Mars not cheap. Though it's a question of if archfan/Regulus could get duo moon to work on the server. It would require lots of work and regulating building.

One mod is Moon Realm
Aitech has his own Moon mod. Space 2.1

Been busy with upgrading FarAway but I know that Phoen is starting to build his own village based on the success on FarAway. Roads, shops, mines to attract players and maybe a hyperloop terminal. What the Space Port becomes is questionable.

Maybe other absent players will get off their duffs and build their own destinations and open up the map rather than crowded chewed up spawn area.

What are your thoughts and ideas of what could be done?

archfan7411
GitHub: archfan7411
In-game: archfan

by archfan7411 » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Okay Mars Space Port at FarAway is 80% finished. Clean up of interior, pressurizing, decor and lower concourse. With a bug in hyperloop metal recipe (won't work with tin currently in shops) I have only ONE working elevator leading to the control tower and mezzanine.

-image-

So what is next? Well other than having Regulus and archfan setup shops selling space suits, ships and orbital portals; the space port is nothing more than eye candy. So what else can be put in a space port?

Shuttle Bays:

To the north along the road is protected area which could be handed to select players to build their own shuttle stations. Not planning yet to build structures but not ruled out.

Portals and star gates:

Well we need destinations. We got space craft. Why not portals or star gates to fly to a deep space destination.

MESE portals is an interesting mod fine but the recipe require bucket of lava.

-image-

He refers to the mod by RealBadAngel... Stargate

-image-

So how could be useful? The admins could setup portals to asteroid belt in DEEP space aka 10,000 or more and players could build bases off the asteroids. It might end up the asteroids are protected blocks and you have to buy to build.

Fly me to Phobos/Deimos:
There is several moon mods. I expect tickets to transport to the moons of Mars not cheap. Though it's a question of if archfan/Regulus could get duo moon to work on the server. It would require lots of work and regulating building.

One mod is Moon Realm
Aitech has his own Moon mod. Space 2.1

Been busy with upgrading FarAway but I know that Phoen is starting to build his own village based on the success on FarAway. Roads, shops, mines to attract players and maybe a hyperloop terminal. What the Space Port becomes is questionable.

Maybe other absent players will get off their duffs and build their own destinations and open up the map rather than crowded chewed up spawn area.

What are your thoughts and ideas of what could be done?
Hey Michael Eh,

I'm extremely intrigued by the idea of portals (and extra-martian areas, but I come to that later.) It seems we have all the dependencies, and the mod's status as a fork gives me more confidence as to its stability. Thus, there's nothing to prevent its being added, except one thing: lag.

As I've mentioned before, I have long been attempting to move the server to a more powerful machine. In the past few weeks these attempts have completely failed, due to two chief problems which I will concisely state.
- The map apparently "doesn't work" when moved to another device, and
- The new server machine (fresh Arch install, Lenovo desktop running headless) does not appear to permit Minetest clients to connect to a server it's running. (No debug output and connection times out.)

Therefore, I'm hesitant to add the portal mod to the server unless you and other players believe the benefits would overshadow the lag increase.

On to the second item, extra-Martian objects; I don't know how I would go about adding these, as the map is already generated - the same problem faces moreores. I've tried placing schematics as decorations or using the ore registration system to place such objects in an already-generated world before, and have met with failure.

Of course, if you can propose a viable method to generate them, I will happily implement it - excursions to Phobos, Deimos, and the asteroid belt beyond will add interesting and much-needed dynamics to the server.

Regards,
archfan

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

These are all wish list... knowing that the server is running on Raspberry Pi; the bottom line is functionality. There seems to plenty of mods with portals. Moon(s) do add to database. Asteroids could just be built with world edit.

There is already teleports to PvP arena exist. So it would be possible under the current game system. Still this just an idea. I would like to see if older players pick up on my work at FarAway to build their own communities. I know Phoen is interested in town building with an possible hyperloop station ... once it reaches a similar level. I handed over the roads to Regulus. Having the space port is eye candy but maybe useful later. It just ideas.

Speaking PvP player killer Autumn_Days was back. Eco101 took him on. He tried to warp to my spawn base only to be be greeted with lava trap because I knew where he set home in my base. Once he found himself out numbered and ran into a pit and left. Time for ban hammer needs to be lowered.

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

by NetYard5 » Post

Hi arch, can you restock all things in your shop?