Add toggable controls to android

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Add toggable controls to android

by Stix » Post

After trying out android for a bit (a few days) and talking with other players who play android regularly ive found what alot players want that try out android is toggable buttons, most importantly sneak.

If you have ever played on android you know using fingers besides your 2 thumbs can be very umcomfortable, and thats what players must do if they want to build a bridge across a cliff for example, one finger for movement, the other for placing blocks, and the third for holding sneak, even worse is that your finger will tend to slide off the sneak button, dropping you into the abyss.

My suggestion is add toggable sneak shown by 2 textures: one for enabled sneak (which should be highlighted), the other for disabled sneak. this would make things much easier as you wouldnt have to worry about your sweaty hands slipping off the sneak button, and would make the controls more comfortable.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Add toggable controls to android

by Krock » Post

I'd support this. By the way, we have an issue about this idea already.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Stix

by Stix » Post

Krock wrote:I'd support this. By the way, we have an issue about this idea already.
Yeah but that person wasn't descriptive enough imo, also github doesn't recognize my email so i cant join any conversations.

On a side-note after some thinking i think sneak should be be toggled by double-tap, that way you don't accidentally disable sneak while bridging, and if players want they can still just hold down the sneak key (would be useful in some situations).

Stix

by Stix » Post

BTW: if someone could create an issue for this on github it would be most appreciated.