[Server] Capture the Flag Server

PETE
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by PETE » Post

if there is a rank where trusted people get kick priv whenever there is a spawnkiller that gets kicked they should be not allowed to enter for 30 minutes an hour next kick the same thing will happen but also will notify a mod to see if a ban should take place.
Whats the trick? I wish I knew

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

PETE wrote:if there is a rank where trusted people get kick priv whenever there is a spawnkiller that gets kicked they should be not allowed to enter for 30 minutes an hour next kick the same thing will happen but also will notify a mod to see if a ban should take place.
Please use proper punctuation to at least some extent, because right now your sentence sounds like it could be chinese.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Stix wrote:
PETE wrote:if there is a rank where trusted people get kick priv whenever there is a spawnkiller that gets kicked they should be not allowed to enter for 30 minutes an hour next kick the same thing will happen but also will notify a mod to see if a ban should take place.
Please use proper punctuation to at least some extent, because right now your sentence sounds like it could be chinese.
It is still legible, at least to me it is. Maybe I can translate:
PETE wrote:If there is a rank where trusted people get kick priv, whenever there is a spawnkiller that gets kicked they should not be allowed to enter for 30 minutes [or] an hour. Next kick, the same thing will happen but also will notify a mod to see if a ban should take place.
That should be clearer.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Why can the server only hold 30 people? Also, I have well over a 10k score, but the server is telling me there are are too many people on right now.
What is SCP-055?

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

Chem871 wrote:Why can the server only hold 30 people? Also, I have well over a 10k score, but the server is telling me there are are too many people on right now.
The user-limit skip mechanism will allow only up to 10 more pros than the user-limit.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Chem871 wrote:Why can the server only hold 30 people? Also, I have well over a 10k score, but the server is telling me there are are too many people on right now.
I just tried going in too, with it saying 29/30 people and couldn't get in. Normally it lets me in with 30/30 people. Odd.

If the game held 99+ users the game would be crazy. 50 or more players on each side, instead of the max of 15 on each side is a bit crazy. There would be a need to increase weapon amounts and maybe even team chest size.

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

If I understand well, you are proposing to auto-grant the kick priv to experienced players.
This is a bad idea because experienced players are not always trustworthy (i.e. the latest players who annoyed us, that I won't name, were not noobs), they may abuse of their power extensively.
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Gael de Sailly wrote:
If I understand well, you are proposing to auto-grant the kick priv to experienced players.
This is a bad idea because experienced players are not always trustworthy (i.e. the latest players who annoyed us, that I won't name, were not noobs), they may abuse of their power extensively.
Not auto-grant, but specifically and personally granted to trusted players. And abuse is definitely a concern. If the player-spawning gets changed to random spots around the base, the issue of spawnkilling should (in theory) be vaporized. So it becomes a nonissue.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

csirolli wrote:
Gael de Sailly wrote:
Not auto-grant, but specifically and personally granted to trusted players. And abuse is definitely a concern. If the player-spawning gets changed to random spots around the base, the issue of spawnkilling should (in theory) be vaporized. So it becomes a nonissue.
But that would create another problem. People would spawn away from the team chest, so it would take some extra seconds to get to chest to pick up a sword. And spawnkillers would still target the around the base area, cause thats where they gather to get their sword.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:But that would create another problem. People would spawn away from the team chest, so it would take some extra seconds to get to chest to pick up a sword. And spawnkillers would still target the around the base area, cause thats where they gather to get their sword.
If random-spawn becomes a thing, I'm sure access to the team-chest would be location independent too. Maybe as another page in the inventory...
My Mods

Stix

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
IceAgeComing wrote:But that would create another problem. People would spawn away from the team chest, so it would take some extra seconds to get to chest to pick up a sword. And spawnkillers would still target the around the base area, cause thats where they gather to get their sword.
If random-spawn becomes a thing, I'm sure access to the team-chest would be location independent too. Maybe as another page in the inventory...
No. that will ruin the little balancing the game has, if there's just a seperate page for the team chest it means that you can put stuff in your team chest yet be above the enemy's base, meaning players don't have a chance to get their swords back. Anyone who supports that idea hasn't thought long enough about the certain consequences, please don't ruin CTF.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Stix wrote:No. that will ruin the little balancing the game has, if there's just a seperate page for the team chest it means that you can put stuff in your team chest yet be above the enemy's base, meaning players don't have a chance to get their swords back. Anyone who supports that idea hasn't thought long enough about the certain consequences, please don't ruin CTF.
I agree with you. That was just an example, albeit a stupid one. Tbh, that's a major factor delaying random spawn - the actual random spawn itself is quite easy to code.
My Mods

Stix

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
Stix wrote:No. that will ruin the little balancing the game has, if there's just a seperate page for the team chest it means that you can put stuff in your team chest yet be above the enemy's base, meaning players don't have a chance to get their swords back. Anyone who supports that idea hasn't thought long enough about the certain consequences, please don't ruin CTF.
I agree with you. That was just an example, albeit a stupid one. Tbh, that's a major factor delaying random spawn - the actual random spawn itself is quite easy to code.
Have 3 spawn-points each with a team chest, arrayed in a row and only the middle/main spawn has a flag, the spawn killers wont be able to effectively target all 3 spawn-points and the defenders will get them from different angles. (the other spawn-points could have flags too if ruben wishes).

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

When will there be a new update for this game? The pros waiting long (till leave the game) for new maps and the increased spawnpoints. Which idea will be the first to join in the next update? Both or only 1 (New Maps or Multiple Spawn)?

If it is difficult for others, you can make a poll with my examples.

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

csirolli wrote:
Gael de Sailly wrote:
Ok my bad, I read badly
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Stix wrote:Have 3 spawn-points each with a team chest, arrayed in a row and only the middle/main spawn has a flag, the spawn killers wont be able to effectively target all 3 spawn-points and the defenders will get them from different angles. (the other spawn-points could have flags too if ruben wishes).
I don't think spawnkillers want to kill everyone, just a lot of people. So there could still be spawnkilling. Random spawn points would lessen the issue a lot more than this idea.

Stix

by Stix » Post

csirolli wrote:
Stix wrote:Have 3 spawn-points each with a team chest, arrayed in a row and only the middle/main spawn has a flag, the spawn killers wont be able to effectively target all 3 spawn-points and the defenders will get them from different angles. (the other spawn-points could have flags too if ruben wishes).
I don't think spawnkillers want to kill everyone, just a lot of people. So there could still be spawnkilling. Random spawn points would lessen the issue a lot more than this idea.
Because of the issues mentioned above, it would be less effective at stopping spawnkilling.

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Stix wrote:
csirolli wrote:
Because of the issues mentioned above, it would be less effective at stopping spawnkilling.
Hmm, must of missed the issues mentioned. The only issue that I have found is the team chest location, which can be moved.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Something needs to be done about these unfair teams, just now i was in a match where the enemy had 6-7 pros and i had one teammate who was (maybe) a pro, throughout the whole match i was spawnkilled at my own base, and i couldnt even gather anything because the enemy targeted me at my own base, even worse is that a staff member was online and let it happen, this server has some serious problems, and apperently noone cares to fix them.

Stix

by Stix » Post

5 matches in a row where one team gets slaughtered and counting...

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

We got a bigger problem there was some player that took all the weapons, mese, and diamonds, out of the team chest and died with it on the enemys side. He had access to the pro side. Plz do something. :(

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Coder12 wrote:We got a bigger problem there was some player that took all the weapons, mese, and diamonds, out of the team chest and died with it on the enemys side. He had access to the pro side. Plz do something. :(
Do you remember the name of the person? So i can pay more attention to this person behaviour in the game and punish if needed.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

Alright I will pm the player name to you.

Stix

by Stix » Post

There is a player *cough* geesh *cough* that eats apples while hitting, he also can fully heal up using said apples in a split-second, if a staff member could watch him to confirm this it would be nice.

*EDIT: Oh, and what happened to all players having the vote_starter privilege? (this used to be a thing, ik as i used it.)

Stix

by Stix » Post

I voiced this suggestion earlier but was told it was a bad idea and would be abused, so ive made an addmendment to it: The server automatically starts a vote at the beginning of a match, whether to stay or to skip it, however the difference is that instead of count the overall votes to skip to the next match there would have to be a certain percentage higher of votes to do so, if not the vote is a draw and the match stays.