Post your screenshots!

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: Post your screenshots!

by TumeniNodes » Fri Jun 08, 2018 02:03

this time using default's tnt smoke texture

Image

Image
Attachments
deer perspective.jpg
That's right, a jungle deer
(469.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
more fire more smoke.jpg
(648.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My brain, is AES256 encrypted, even I don't know wth I'm thinking...
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: Post your screenshots!

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Jun 08, 2018 13:32

voxelproof wrote:PEAK actually made something like that already.

*cries* this is too high level for me!

TumeniNodes wrote:this time using default's tnt smoke texture
Image

feel my lag!!!
 

User avatar
coeseta
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 14:15

Re: Post your screenshots!

by coeseta » Fri Jun 08, 2018 14:31

PEAK wrote:more fantasy stuff

Image

Image


Reminds me of our spawn castle towers on techeth :)
Also I really like your builds PEAK keep up the good work ;)

Image
 

User avatar
PEAK
Member
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 20:32
In-game: PEAK

Re: Post your screenshots!

by PEAK » Fri Jun 08, 2018 15:04

azekill_DIABLO wrote:@PEAK: Well it's too beautiful. I got a challenge for you! make a nice building only using two blocks (wood and cobble for ex) and their variants (stairs, doors...). Pliz accept!


You hit me - my palettes are usually very (too) spare. "Only two blocks" makes the result rather abstract.


Here is -- just for you -- the portal to a well-known place:
Image

And of course the one voxelproof mentioned.

Another thing (stone and glass):
https://imgur.com/a/VqJIzaD
(I don't want to spam the forum with this weird and cruel piece of architecture... and worldedit hates me since then...)

Last:

I'm working on these pillars:
Image
stone and cobble.

But actually there is a third type of block. Guess which that could be and where it may be... (only the pillars!)
Last edited by PEAK on Fri Jun 08, 2018 15:35, edited 3 times in total.
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).
 

User avatar
PEAK
Member
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 20:32
In-game: PEAK

Re: Post your screenshots!

by PEAK » Fri Jun 08, 2018 15:07

coeseta wrote:Reminds me of our spawn castle towers on techeth :)
Also I really like your builds PEAK keep up the good work ;)


Thank you. But there still is so much to be learned...
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).
 

User avatar
voxelproof
Member
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 08:13
Location: Europe

Re: Post your screenshots!

by voxelproof » Fri Jun 08, 2018 17:31

PEAK wrote:Another thing (stone and glass):
https://imgur.com/a/VqJIzaD
(I don't want to spam the forum with this weird and cruel piece of architecture... and worldedit hates me since then...)


One can learn a lot about World Edit during the construction of very large structures like your example. Unfortunately there's a bug I experienced a few times - one should be especially watchful when using the //replace command over large areas of blocks - it sometimes leaves some parts of the block set earmarked for replacing unchanged (and, what's even more annoying, sometimes, luckily rather seldom, old blocks reappear within the transformed set a little later :-)). Such trickery happens quite often (but not when small sets, i.e. less than say a few thousand blocks are transformed). A similar bug appears when using the //copy command, but I saw it only once (in hundreds, maybe more than thousand uses). But when one is aware of this kind of imperfection, remembering checking each time the performance of ordered command the work goes smoothly on. Well, after all it gives sort of real-life feel for the building process -- you always have to supervise the quality of the work performed by your workers.

oss:

Image
Attachments
5.jpg
(634.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
>>>there is life beyond the Cube>>>
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: Post your screenshots!

by Stix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 18:01

voxelproof wrote:
PEAK wrote:Another thing (stone and glass):
https://imgur.com/a/VqJIzaD
(I don't want to spam the forum with this weird and cruel piece of architecture... and worldedit hates me since then...)


One can learn a lot about World Edit during the construction of very large structures like your example. Unfortunately there's a bug I experienced a few times - one should be especially watchful when using the //replace command over large areas of blocks - it sometimes leaves some parts of the block set earmarked for replacing unchanged (and, what's even more annoying, sometimes, luckily rather seldom, old blocks reappear within the transformed set a little later :-)). Such trickery happens quite often (but not when small sets, i.e. less than say a few thousand blocks are transformed). A similar bug appears when using the //copy command, but I saw it only once (in hundreds, maybe more than thousand uses). But when one is aware of this kind of imperfection, remembering checking each time the performance of ordered command the work goes smoothly on. Well, after all it gives sort of real-life feel for the building process -- you always have to supervise the quality of the work performed by your workers.

oss:

Image

Why have you disabled 3d clouds? 2d clouds look awfully ugly compared to the remarkable land-scape you got framed there :/
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: Post your screenshots!

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Jun 08, 2018 18:31

PEAK wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:@PEAK: Well it's too beautiful. I got a challenge for you! make a nice building only using two blocks (wood and cobble for ex) and their variants (stairs, doors...). Pliz accept!


You hit me - my palettes are usually very (too) spare. "Only two blocks" makes the result rather abstract.


Here is -- just for you -- the portal to a well-known place:
Image

And of course the one voxelproof mentioned.

Another thing (stone and glass):
https://imgur.com/a/VqJIzaD
(I don't want to spam the forum with this weird and cruel piece of architecture... and worldedit hates me since then...)

Last:

I'm working on these pillars:
Image
stone and cobble.

But actually there is a third type of block. Guess which that could be and where it may be... (only the pillars!)


Just amazing! Stone and glass one is the best for me, it looks like a cold prison, just what I love! Thank you!
 

User avatar
voxelproof
Member
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 08:13
Location: Europe

Re: Post your screenshots!

by voxelproof » Fri Jun 08, 2018 20:53

Stix wrote:Why have you disabled 3d clouds? 2d clouds look awfully ugly compared to the remarkable land-scape you got framed there :/


Thanks for the praising for chosen view. As to the clouds, I put my opinion on that subject here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18970

To put it shortly, I'm generally not a fan of blocky shapes. What keeps me in Minetest is the prospect of using its voxel grid for the development of an extremely flexible gaming machine. In other words, I like the voxel structure, but not the voxel form (even if it's very convenient for most buildings).

Such flat clouds sometimes provide quite pleasing effects

Image

however they're not as good as the examples from another voxel game that I placed in the thread linked above.

With such huge height of Minetest worlds and with the prospect of increasing computational power of the hardware skies of MT worlds hopefully will be filled in the future with really good looking clouds in many layers and types.
Attachments
25.jpg
(459.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
>>>there is life beyond the Cube>>>
 

User avatar
LegoLogger
Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 16:08
Location: Somewhere on mars.....
GitHub: BakerPrime
IRC: BakerPrime
In-game: BakerPrime

Re: Post your screenshots!

by LegoLogger » Sun Jun 10, 2018 03:56

Having fun with Wesh and moreblocks slopes. More semi-non-cubic builds.
Image
PrimeCorp Center V2
~~Logger
For those who complain about radiation, I should remind you that every time you leave your house, you step into
the worlds largest radiation beam. (Why else do you think us programmers hide in basements? ;P )

if you need to speak to me, you can catch me on #VE-Minetest-Servers, #RRH-Servers, ##Minetestwithunk, or #Minetest
 

User avatar
LegoLogger
Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 16:08
Location: Somewhere on mars.....
GitHub: BakerPrime
IRC: BakerPrime
In-game: BakerPrime

Re: Post your screenshots!

by LegoLogger » Wed Jun 13, 2018 02:57

A random plaza of mine on a private, unnamed server. (Unnamed in the sense I don't intend to say.)
Image
Also a cute little house on a different, private, unnamed server.
Image
~~Logger
For those who complain about radiation, I should remind you that every time you leave your house, you step into
the worlds largest radiation beam. (Why else do you think us programmers hide in basements? ;P )

if you need to speak to me, you can catch me on #VE-Minetest-Servers, #RRH-Servers, ##Minetestwithunk, or #Minetest
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: Post your screenshots!

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed Jun 13, 2018 15:31

LegoLogger wrote:Having fun with Wesh and moreblocks slopes. More semi-non-cubic builds.
Image
PrimeCorp Center V2
~~Logger

Nice concept. Those two mods really do a nice job!
 

User avatar
voxelproof
Member
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 08:13
Location: Europe

Re: Post your screenshots!

by voxelproof » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05

Image
A miracle
Attachments
31.jpg
(491.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
>>>there is life beyond the Cube>>>
 

User avatar
LegoLogger
Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 16:08
Location: Somewhere on mars.....
GitHub: BakerPrime
IRC: BakerPrime
In-game: BakerPrime

Re: Post your screenshots!

by LegoLogger » Fri Jun 15, 2018 03:29

Yay!
Image
Even More Yay!
Image
~~Logger
For those who complain about radiation, I should remind you that every time you leave your house, you step into
the worlds largest radiation beam. (Why else do you think us programmers hide in basements? ;P )

if you need to speak to me, you can catch me on #VE-Minetest-Servers, #RRH-Servers, ##Minetestwithunk, or #Minetest
 

User avatar
Chibi ghost
Member
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 21:17
In-game: Ghost

Re: Post your screenshots!

by Chibi ghost » Fri Jun 15, 2018 07:24

can't wait for his reaction when he finds a mese block for the first time
d'awww
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
Chibi ghost
Member
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 21:17
In-game: Ghost

Re: Post your screenshots!

by Chibi ghost » Fri Jun 15, 2018 09:59

whyy just whyyyy
the edge slabs I can tolerate but this is an abomination
Image
Attachments
screenshot_20180615_102740.png
(246.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7434
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
voxelproof
Member
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 08:13
Location: Europe

Re: Post your screenshots!

by voxelproof » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:56

azekill_DIABLO wrote:
oss:
Blazing Sunset...


Wow, it's one of your best sss so far I guess... A perfect composition of colours... The yellow-red foliage of the autumn trees, setting dusk embracing the last vibrant rays of the long hot summer... BEAUTIFUL.

And now here comes MY sun.

Image

Ha!
Attachments
2.jpg
(52.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
>>>there is life beyond the Cube>>>
 

User avatar
Chibi ghost
Member
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 21:17
In-game: Ghost

Re: Post your screenshots!

by Chibi ghost » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20

wasn't there a mod knocking around that replaced the sun with the tellytubby sun baby
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: Post your screenshots!

by texmex » Fri Jun 15, 2018 17:42

voxelproof wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:
oss:
Blazing Sunset...


Wow, it's one of your best sss so far I guess... A perfect composition of colours... The yellow-red foliage of the autumn trees, setting dusk embracing the last vibrant rays of the long hot summer... BEAUTIFUL.

And now here comes MY sun.

Image

Ha!

I figure you must have listened to some truly majestic music while composing this shot. What was it? :)
 

User avatar
voxelproof
Member
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 08:13
Location: Europe

Re: Post your screenshots!

by voxelproof » Fri Jun 15, 2018 20:23

texmex wrote:I figure you must have listened to some truly majestic music while composing this shot. What was it? :)


You've got me :) Not exactly at the moment of taking this shot, but yes, it has something to do with music... I think this piece adheres well to the mood of the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLpLBssY9ko

Wagner is a master in his own class of majesty. Putting away his views he is truly one of the greatest.

oss:

Image
Attachments
3.jpg
(104.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
>>>there is life beyond the Cube>>>
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: Post your screenshots!

by texmex » Sat Jun 16, 2018 09:59

voxelproof wrote:You've got me :) Not exactly at the moment of taking this shot, but yes, it has something to do with music... I think this piece adheres well to the mood of the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLpLBssY9ko

Wagner is a master in his own class of majesty. Putting away his views he is truly one of the greatest.

That is great. You should put up a landscape-and-opera server with no interact privs, just flying with a soundtrack :)
 

User avatar
voxelproof
Member
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 08:13
Location: Europe

Re: Post your screenshots!

by voxelproof » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:12

texmex wrote:That is great. You should put up a landscape-and-opera server with no interact privs, just flying with a soundtrack :)


Good idea :) But as for flying, I'd choose another frame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQaie1GE58

;)
>>>there is life beyond the Cube>>>
 

User avatar
RWЯ
Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:21
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

Re: Post your screenshots!

by RWЯ » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:54

LegoLogger wrote:
Chibi ghost wrote:Reorganising the chests I'm sure there's steel ingots in here somewhere]

--Snip--
lol, that's nothing.
Try finding some iron here:
Image


Hmmm
Attachments
Screenshot_20180616-145416.png
(507 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests