[Mod] Castles++ Rolling release [git] [castle]

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

Re: [Mod] Castles++ Rolling release [git] [castle]

by texmex » Post

Congrats FaceDeer, great work!

Ed, you need to clone with the --recursive flag to get the submodules.

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

That extra step is why I've got a pre-packaged version in releases on my fork for convenience, just grab castle.zip and it contains everything in its current revision.

I've filed an issue to have one added to the minetest-mods fork as well. Ironically, I have commit access to every submodule repository (since I created them all) but not the modpack they all combine into. :)

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

texmex wrote:Congrats FaceDeer, great work!

Ed, you need to clone with the --recursive flag to get the submodules.
(face palm) It's the little things, duh. Thanks for the reminder texmex!
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

Hamlet
IRC: H4mlet
In-game: Hamlet

by Hamlet » Post

I've downloaded the updated castle_gates mod, looking at the locale file I've noticed detailed item descriptions:

"Place these bars in a structure together and they will slide as a unified gate when clicked on."

Since these are useful to figure how to properly use these nodes I'd like to know which inventory mod allows displaying these infos.

(Kudos for the mod itself.)

--- EDIT

I've just noticed the optional "doc" dependence, I guess that's it.
My repositories: Codeberg.org | My ContentDB's page

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

Hamlet wrote: I've just noticed the optional "doc" dependence, I guess that's it.
Yeah, that's the one. I've tried to add doc strings to every mod I touch, especially in cases like this where there are non-obvious features. :)

captpete

by captpete » Post

I'm looking for pillars crafted from the quartz/marble family (like the quartz pillar but your pillar crafting). That color-range side of decorative blocks would be great! Also clay/adobe family would be nice too. Any chance of either happening?

OK I figured it out: you have to modify BOTH init.lua AND settingtypes.txt; I added Brick to test.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

There's obviously a problem with the GitHub zip download file - after decompression there's nothing inside except screenshot and readme.txt. Is this mod cancelled or is it a problem with GitHub?
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

voxelproof wrote:There's obviously a problem with the GitHub zip download file - after decompression there's nothing inside except screenshot and readme.txt. Is this mod cancelled or is it a problem with GitHub?
About a year ago I broke the castle mod up into a collection of more focused mods and turned the original castle mod into a modpack. Unfortunately now the modpack has fallen a bit behind, each of the constituent mods has had further updates, so it might be good to just grab the component mods individually as needed:

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

FaceDeer wrote:
voxelproof wrote:There's obviously a problem with the GitHub zip download file - after decompression there's nothing inside except screenshot and readme.txt. Is this mod cancelled or is it a problem with GitHub?
About a year ago I broke the castle mod up into a collection of more focused mods and turned the original castle mod into a modpack. Unfortunately now the modpack has fallen a bit behind, each of the constituent mods has had further updates, so it might be good to just grab the component mods individually as needed:
Thank's, I figured it out yesterday and now it's OK :)
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

PorygonZRocks
GitHub: BeeeWall

by PorygonZRocks » Post

Should I be downloading the FaceDeer repo, the minetest-mods repo, or everything separate?

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

PorygonZRocks wrote:Should I be downloading the FaceDeer repo, the minetest-mods repo, or everything separate?
Probably best to take them separately, the modpack bundles lag slightly behind the latest versions. Also it's easier to leave out the bits you don't want that way.

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

I had the same problem. The zip file doesn't contain the submodules. I just cloned that repository and checked out the submodules via "git submmodule update --init --recursive".
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

Whenever I do mod clone there is no data in the folders.
Spoiler
I hate my life

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

This mod could really use a tagged release with a .zip file containing everything attached to it, there's a lot of folks confused about how to get git to give them everything they need. I filed an issue to that effect a little over a year ago, not sure who to poke to get some motion on that.

captpete

by captpete » Post

Note: I am not a Lua programmer

I know how to add materials to init.lua and settintypes.txt (I've already added newer materials from default) BUT I need to detect if the external mod is already loaded other wise it throws an error and crashes. I'm using castles modpack from Dreambuilder modpack and I want to add materials from [building_blocks], [technics], and [quartz] from Dreambuilder modpack, also from other mods like [darkage], and [stone] (possibly others).

How do I code this:

Code: Select all

if [external mod] exists then
endif

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The normal way is to add foo? to your mod's depends.txt file, where foo is the name of the mod you need to check for, e.g. quartz?, then in your code,

if minetest.get_modpath("foo")
--
--    do something about it
--
end
You're far better off getting someone to help you update from your existing Minetest 0.4.16 to 0.4.17.1 + LuaJIT/GC64, as I mentioned in the other thread.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Darkwar
GitHub: Darkwar
IRC: Darkwar
In-game: cooljar10

by Darkwar » Post

its not working i keep getting this err /usr/share/games/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/castle/ropes/init.lua: No such file or directory

captpete

by captpete » Post

VanessaE wrote:The normal way is to add foo? to your mod's depends.txt file, where foo is the name of the mod you need to check for, e.g. quartz?, then in your code,

if minetest.get_modpath("foo")
--
--    do something about it
--
end
You're far better off getting someone to help you update from your existing Minetest 0.4.16 to 0.4.17.1 + LuaJIT/GC64, as I mentioned in the other thread.
Thanks for the first part. I'm using that now to modify the mod(s) to add blocks. It's annoying that I have to add default nodes that should already be included but now I can add the other nodes in Dreambuilder too.

As for the second point I've already mentioned to you (in Dreambuilder) I've found the GC64 version and am testing it now. Unfortunately there is a problem with Dreambuilder and MoreBlocks (StairsPlus) that prevents me from using it without annoying bugs (mentioned by others).

lilo

by lilo » Post

Hi,

it is not possible to dye an tapestries with an newer Version of "Unified Dyes" as from 2018-08-22-1.

Greets

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update your copy of castles.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

lilo

by lilo » Post

I have last version from page 4 (https://github.com/minetest-mods/castle_tapestries), but i have no chance to color this tapestries with an dye. Or is it not right version?

Greets

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I Just checked what I have, tapestries is at commit dc6ced62, and naturally Unified Dyes is up-to-date (commit feed6d5a, same as is on my gitlab).

I can craft tapestry + dye and place the result, and it works, or I can "airbrush" a placed one (either already dyed or not). Maybe you're trying to punch with dye?

lilo

by lilo » Post

Hi,

Yes, exactly I try to punsh with dye :)
The airbrush gun has changed the color.

Greets

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Yeah, I got rid of the punch-with-dye feature some time ago, then added the airbrush. :-)

PePe

by PePe » Post

Anyone got this to work in Minetest 5.2.0?
Server always crashes when i try to activate any one of the mods inside the castle pack.

Or is there a similar mod (other than Darkage) like this?
We'd like to bulid Faerie Tales :D