Post your mod requests/ideas here

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by StarNinjas » Post

Matthias the miner wrote:Hey! Is it possible to get a better shared locked chest mod? Like on VanessaE’s server, there are wooden shared locked chests, but they aren’t the best. You have to carry a key with you to acces. Could it be like a one time password and that user is allowed? Oh yeah, and could it be pipework enabled? Like what I’m thinking of is a Gold shared locked chest or something. Something with more inventory. Is too much of a challenge? I haven’t learned lua yet, so uh, I will just watch...
Hello Matthias. here is a good mod about shared chest: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20131
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Punk wrote:Has anyone tried a mod on genetic codes, Mendel's system to create new plants and animals?
I know of a mod called mutation-farming (should be called mutation_farming). It replaces the farming mod. Seeds dropped by plants are slightly different from their parents, although I am not sure if it works.

Punk

by Punk » Post

csirolli wrote:
Punk wrote:Has anyone tried a mod on genetic codes, Mendel's system to create new plants and animals?
I know of a mod called mutation-farming (should be called mutation_farming). It replaces the farming mod. Seeds dropped by plants are slightly different from their parents, although I am not sure if it works.
Thanks, man!

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

I'm coding one right now, seeing what happens
I don't have anything important to say.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

I think there's already one or two weather mods out there with varying degrees of control. I remember playing with them last year sometime. It was not automated but it was still fun to turn on lightning and thunder and rain and snow...
everything can be a learning experience...

theFox
GitHub: theFox6
In-game: theFox

by theFox » Post

I think it would be funny if you could cook with a cettle above a campfire
my mods and subgames (ง'̀-'́)ง

hajo

by hajo » Post

theFox wrote:cook with a cettle above a campfire
Have you seen/used the cauldron from xdecor yet?

theFox
GitHub: theFox6
In-game: theFox

by theFox » Post

hajo wrote:
Ah nice, thanks for the hint
my mods and subgames (ง'̀-'́)ง

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

hajo wrote:
It only cooks soup. But it is a great start towards this kind of cooking.

Lord_Vlad

by Lord_Vlad » Post

Here is a small list of mods I kind of miss from my Minecraft days, some of them had really good ideas.

Torched

A mod that adds a few tools to put torches everywhere. The torch gun is my favorite. I also adapted the torch missile as some kind of grenade, that put torches around where it exploded. I really need that to survive in my caves.
The torch gun should be easy to do by adapting the code from Throwing and the arrow-torch, I think.

Tomahawk

Just a small mod that made a right-click action for all axes, that allows you to throw it on mobs.

Show light levels

Just a small overlay that shows if mods can spawn on a block because it is not sufficiently lit.

Chocobocraft

Added chocobos, small mounts you find in the wild, you have to feed them a lot to breed them into better mounts. It was funnier than building a machine.

Genetic evolution in cows

From a small unknown mod called Minecraft plus I think. It changed the minecraft default animals into their savage conterpart, before you breed them. Two differences with the base animals : they defend themselves if attacked, and they give less drops if killed. It really makes breeding more valuable than hunting.

Mining TNT

A Tnt that didn't destroy a single block, only made them drop, so you can pick them all up, also more powerful than the base TNT.

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

Lord_Vlad wrote:Here is a small list of mods I kind of miss from my Minecraft days, some of them had really good ideas.

Torched

A mod that adds a few tools to put torches everywhere. The torch gun is my favorite. I also adapted the torch missile as some kind of grenade, that put torches around where it exploded. I really need that to survive in my caves.
The torch gun should be easy to do by adapting the code from Throwing and the arrow-torch, I think.

Tomahawk

Just a small mod that made a right-click action for all axes, that allows you to throw it on mobs.

Show light levels

Just a small overlay that shows if mods can spawn on a block because it is not sufficiently lit.

Chocobocraft

Added chocobos, small mounts you find in the wild, you have to feed them a lot to breed them into better mounts. It was funnier than building a machine.

Genetic evolution in cows

From a small unknown mod called Minecraft plus I think. It changed the minecraft default animals into their savage conterpart, before you breed them. Two differences with the base animals : they defend themselves if attacked, and they give less drops if killed. It really makes breeding more valuable than hunting.

Mining TNT

A Tnt that didn't destroy a single block, only made them drop, so you can pick them all up, also more powerful than the base TNT.
intresting
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

R-One

by R-One » Post

Hello, I was wondering if a mod existed with wired traps compatible with mesecons?

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

You can use the playerkiller from this mod: viewtopic.php?t=13150
Can your read this?

R-One

by R-One » Post

thanks but i don't want kill other players, i want detect the passage of anything and only on time ... (objects, arrows, animals, water ...)

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

R-One wrote:thanks but i don't want kill other players, i want detect the passage of anything and only on time ... (objects, arrows, animals, water ...)
I don't know if it is sufficient for your purposes but you can use the entity detector from moremesecons (the playerkiller mod).

To get the object name: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15225

Or use the object detector from this mod. viewtopic.php?t=15974
And you can easily detect water with the water turbine or node detector.
Can your read this?

Arelon Lightweaver
GitHub: Arelon
IRC: Arelon
In-game: Arelon Arelon_Lightweaver

Mod: Searchlight (and other cool lights)

by Arelon Lightweaver » Post

I don't know how this is possible, but I have an idea for a new mod. A mod that is an addition to technic and includes more powerful lights than the ones included in other mods. I noticed that there aren't any handheld lights (that use electricity, like mining lasers and other handheld tools), really, and that it might be nice if there were power tool lights. It also would be interesting if someone were to add a electricity connected device (like a HV force field generator) to generate large quantities of light, like a lighthouse. It also would be interesting to have a directional-beamed light, also.
I was wondering on how difficult something like this would be.
I would also like some insight from those more experienced than me.

Comments appreciated!!!

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

Re: Mod: Searchlight (and other cool lights)

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

I find the idea with the light that radiates well in one direction. But I don't think so. The pros have to go.

But you have my voice.

+1
Spoiler
I hate my life

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Are you looking for a mod like this one? It does not interact with technic but could be modified so it does - and also that it increases the "sun" size.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

If I understood correctly, for example, a light source should fall in one direction.

In the Mini_sun, the dark environment is illuminated by the brightness of the sun.
Attachments
screenshot_20180618_212843.png
screenshot_20180618_212843.png (534.74 KiB) Viewed 724 times
Spoiler
I hate my life

JanLS
In-game: JanLS

by JanLS » Post

Hi! Listed some of mine ideas I'd love to see, but felt them bit too lengthy for a post, so wrote them down as external file instead (in markdown) and providing links to there.

Updates happen live to the doc - you will always get the most recent version.

Short url to prettified readable view with Stackedit viewer: http://bit.ly/IdeasForMinetest

Direct link to doc (markdown): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pT7D_L ... sp=sharing

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

JanLS wrote:Hi! Listed some of mine ideas I'd love to see, but felt them bit too lengthy for a post, so wrote them down as external file instead (in markdown) and providing links to there.

Updates happen live to the doc - you will always get the most recent version.

Short url to prettified readable view with Stackedit viewer: http://bit.ly/IdeasForMinetest

Direct link to doc (markdown): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pT7D_L ... sp=sharing
You have some really cool idea. Your English is very good, by the way. Most native speakers don't speak that well. I kind of find it funny how the only place where I saw an issue with your grammar was when you gave a disclaimer about it. The temperature idea was something I also thought of. it would be cool to have.

Your idea to get gravel instead of cobblestone is interesting. This probably sparked my interest the most. I was working on a mod that used a similar idea. I didn't think of getting gravel instead of cobble, but I did think of getting cobblestone with ore lumps when an ore is mined. If a mod were to change the stone (and ore) drop to gravel, it should also include a recipe for cobblestone, like you were saying. Maybe something like

Code: Select all

s g s
g s g
s g s
where s is sand and g is gravel. Replace sand with clay for another recipe, like what you were saying. Gravel should still be found naturally like it already is, but maybe also be found lining riverbeds.

About the villagers idea, advanced_npc has npcs that do some of what you were saying. Just the wandering and sleeping, but they also buy and sell.

There are some mods (such as frisk) that allow users with a special tool to see what a player has in their inventory and maybe even confiscate some items. It would be neat to see the ability for someone to pickpocket someone, where the pickpocketer may get a random item in the user's inventory. If the player they are stealing from is facing them, there should be a very low chance of success, but the more they are facing away from them, there should be a higher chance of success. But there should never be a 100% chance at all. If the bags mod is enabled, then there may be a small chance of getting something from a bag. Thieves should not be able to steal armor or clothes or any item that is wielded.

There are already plenty of mods that add a bunch of different weapons and tools. mg_villages and the modpack that contains it adds a bunch of villages, towns and cities. It is well done.

SilverSea

by SilverSea » Post

The pickpocketer could be more likely to take stuff from the hotbar increasing the chances that the target would notice.

I want to make a seasons mod, I was dissapointed with minecraft when they added biomes instead of seasons. Seasons would also make temperature a lot more interesting if the player lives in a temperate climate. My main hesitation with making the mod is keeping track of the trees. I feel like I would need to store them in a database so I could cause them to drop their leaves in late autumn and then regrow when spring came around.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Don't work with DBs in THAT case. I suggest you ABMs, else, one digs down a tree - and sees its leaves have grown again on spring :P

So, my proposal :
ABM : "seasons:dropleaves"
nodes="default:leaves"
interval=60 --one min
if SEASON=="AUTUMN" then
minetest.remove_node(pos)
end
ABM: "seasons:growleaves"
nodes="default:tree"
interval=60

if SEASON=="SPRING" then
    for _,coord in pairs({"x","y","z"})do  --All directions
         for _,val in pairs({-1,1}) do  -- -1, +1
              local newpos=tablecopy(pos) --Minetest built-in
              newpos[coord]=newpos[coord]+val
              if not minetest.get_node(newpos).walkable then --No solid node there
                  minetest.set_node(newpos,name={"default:leaves"}
             end
          end
end
This ABM will grow leaves from trunks in all 6 dirs in the spring, every minute, if there isn't already some solid node....
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

SilverSea

by SilverSea » Post

LMD wrote:Don't work with DBs in THAT case. I suggest you ABMs, else, one digs down a tree - and sees its leaves have grown again on spring :P [...]
I thought about that but am worried about two problems. A. I use tree trunks a lot in building my houses and I don't want them to start sprouting leaves lol. B. The leaves need to grow in the right pattern which will differ tree to tree.

I just had an idea though, maybe I should replace the tree wood(That should spawn leaves) with living wood. Then I could make it so that when you harvest living wood it turns into dead wood. That would theoretically solve problem A. For problem B I could either change the tree structure and give them branches or I would need to have a leaf check if it's next to a tree trunk before spawning a new leaf. The latter solution would need further refinement so that the trees didn't all end up looking like identical solid blocks of leaves. The first solution would require me to change the structure of the trees, it references a scematic file and I don't know how to change those.

I think I'm going to start a topic about this soon, right now my modding skills are extremely limited. I'm a python programmer and have never worked with lua before. Also thank you so much for your advice, it was extremely helpful.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Hehe, my advice goes on.
1. "im a python programmer"
np, buddy ! I was Java Dev too. And Java is FAR more different from LUA then Python.(Well, I'm also developing in Python ATM). BELIEVE IN YOURSELF !
2. Your solution for problem A is optimal.
For problem B:
YOU CAN'T KEEP SCHEMATICS. Im sorry to say that. But trees will just be their trunks after winter, so you have to apply some rules to know where the leaves are. My rules are indeed to simple. Maybe some rules like : "leaves grow if there are EXCACTLY 2 trunks next. If there are more or less, they won't grow. (inspired by game of life)" ?
And then, you'd have to change all the trees - make their schematics ONLY the wood (except needle trees, but there u havent got leave problem :) ). So 1st season ALWAYS is WINTER. Then, when spring comes, EACH TREE HAS DIFFERENT RULES. Let's say acacia trees diagonally, like that :

for _,x in pairs({-1,1}) do
     for _,y in pairs({-1,1}) do
          for _,z in pairs({-1,1}) do
               --check if EXACTLY 1 other wood is next, if not, grow leaves
          end
     end
end
AND SO YOU COULD MAKE DIFFERENT RULESETS FOR EVERY TREE ! CMON, ISNT THAT NICE ?
Probably take a look at Wuzzy's l-tree-systems, it provides a nice example for trees ENTIRELY GROWN only by rulesets.

viewtopic.php?t=9458

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website