Celeron

Staffs

Celeron

by Staffs » Post

Is celeron55 looking at wiki?
Cause there are few forks ready for review.
And they are there quite a lot, i think celeron should look at them and maybe include them.
Cause it looks like celeron is afk.
And nothing new is happening.
You know...
I love mods :D

Carive

by Carive » Post

Staffs wrote:Is celeron55 looking at wiki?
Cause there are few forks ready for review.
And they are there quite a lot, i think celeron should look at them and maybe include them.
Cause it looks like celeron is afk.
And nothing new is happening.
You know...
He is human. He might be student, and so he's got a lot of work, and a social life. He also has got others projects. We can't ask him to do a Notch-like job, because Notch were adult, and he was spending a looooooot of his time on developing games. I think it's like a side project, important but not a priority, for celeron. (:

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

celeron55 I've noticed does things in huge bursts such as updates and forum activity from him will suddenly become more frequent then die down again

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Simple solution, pay celeron through donations so they don't have to work so much to live. Wont promise more work on minetest but will help them out I'm sure. Recurring donations would be better.

Aside from that, yes don't expect too much out of a single developer of an open source project. I have worked in a few open source projects mostly as a tester (and someone who could always find bugs back in my day) and the devs aren't being paid for their work on the project. They have to work outside of the project to live. They also have social obligations they must attend to as well. With MineCraft the devs get paid so their job is to develop MineCraft. Minetest likely has no income from the game so development is "as able".

If I knew how to code I would help the project. However I will say celeron might want to look into allowing other contributors to help more. With the forks, look into them and see if the new features need to be added to Minetest official. If so, migrate them. A team gets more done than an individual.. however each individual may not get all they want exactly lol
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)