Post your screenshots!

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Post your screenshots!

by Krock » Post

I see your 5.2E6 uptime and I raise you a 5.9E6 seconds uptime, but from 4.5 years ago: (the servers are down btw)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Chiantos

by Chiantos » Post

Attachments
IMG_20180811_144553.jpg
IMG_20180811_144553.jpg (89.69 KiB) Viewed 1218 times

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Aristotle, just amazing structure. Cool.
Hume2 wrote:Can anyone read these symbols? (If it's not clear, I mean
the stone structures behind the waterfall.)
It seems it is impossible to read because these are not clear symbols (i don`t know from what an alphabet they are taken).

random_geek
GitHub: random-geek
In-game: Techy5 random_geek

by random_geek » Post

My first build on IhrFussel's server, seen at night.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

random_geek wrote:My first build on IhrFussel's server, seen at night.
One of the best castles on this Forum. Glory of fairy tales is back :)

I've probably fixed as much as possible the map_meta settings for mountain creeks in valleys mg. And finally got rid of these nasty ugly huge cave entrances. And made highland pools to occur 'naturally' :-))

Attachments
pool.jpg
pool.jpg (64.08 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
creek2.jpg
creek2.jpg (64.03 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
creek1.jpg
creek1.jpg (63.77 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

Chiantos

by Chiantos » Post

... Fucking Troll ...
Attachments
IMG_20180811_191642.jpg
IMG_20180811_191642.jpg (139.02 KiB) Viewed 1218 times

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

voxelproof wrote:I've probably fixed as much as possible the map_meta settings for mountain creeks in valleys mg. And finally got rid of these nasty ugly huge cave entrances. And made highland pools to occur 'naturally' :-))

this mapgen looks so cool
Have a nice day! :D

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

MineYoshi wrote: this mapgen looks so cool
Yes, it does. I've spent some time recently on improving land generation for large scale terrain (some summits exceed 1500) and it's not easy cause valleys map generator was obviously intended for smaller altitudes (the best results are when mountains reach max 500 in height). However I'm pretty glad of what I've found so far - e.g. there're numerous ponds in the flatter woody areas, also high altitude plateaux which form huge deserts look awesome ( the highest one I found so far was at y=1300):

Some discoveries are rather disturbing:

It's extremely rare occurence, but when a machine generates something that is strongly resembling a vestige of some grim reality it gives truly eerie experience.

And there're also strange patterns, which are simply curious and seem to point to some otherworldly laws of other nature ;)

Attachments
belfegor.jpg
belfegor.jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
pattern.jpg
pattern.jpg (64.91 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
plateau.jpg
plateau.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 1218 times

meridians

by meridians » Post

How much RAM does it need in a computer to avoid worrying that if you build such structures as you will not be a problem with them?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

meridians wrote: How much RAM does it need in a computer to avoid worrying that if you build such structures as you will not be a problem with them?
Building them as such never ought to be a problem as long as you avoid higher resolution textures and mods that are too complex for your machine. There is, however, the problem of view range. It might be problematic if your view range is too low to actually see the entire structure. But even then you can switch to infinite view now and then in order to take a look and in general work in the limited area you can see with good fps.

Another thing: Screenshot of ships_on_mapgen combined with basic_houses (there's a tiny one in the background):
Shipwrecks are hard to see below the water. During the development process, ships built out of meselamps did help a lot in that regard:
And here's a shipwreck where water has been replaced by glass by an impatient treasure hunter:
Attachments
wreck_water_glass.jpg
wreck_water_glass.jpg (263.1 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
wreck_meselamp1.jpg
wreck_meselamp1.jpg (49.22 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
ships_and_wrecks.jpg
ships_and_wrecks.jpg (125.43 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
A list of my mods can be found here.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Jordach: Very romantic! Now add a nice little hut there so that the sunraise/sunset can be viewed more often.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Sokomine wrote:Jordach: Very romantic! Now add a nice little hut there so that the sunraise/sunset can be viewed more often.
I might look into "borrowing" your schematic placement at some point for some neat buildings.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I came up with absolutely insane results while benchmarking the latest version of auth_rx. I figured it would be nearly comparable with the sauth mod, but it turns out that Auth Redux performs nearly 5000x faster O_o

So if a server averages around 30 players joining every minute at peak hour, sauth would consume over 20 seconds of CPU cycles (that is 1/3 of server time spent processing authorization). Yet auth_rx clocks in at just 3.8 milliseconds after 30 player joins.

Screencaps or it didn't happen :)

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I came up with absolutely insane results while benchmarking the latest version of auth_rx. I figured it would be nearly comparable with the sauth mod, but it turns out that Auth Redux performs nearly 5000x faster O_o

So if a server averages around 30 players joining every minute at peak hour, sauth would consume over 20 seconds of CPU cycles (that is 1/3 of server time spent processing authorization). Yet auth_rx clocks in at just 3.8 milliseconds after 30 player joins.

Screencaps or it didn't happen :)
yikes, that's pretty bad. How many player entries did this create in the authdb? Did those numbers degrade over time, or were they this bad from the start?

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Now there can be found really nice looking, explorable creeks with sandy banks.

The terrain contains both huge mountains (up to over 1200) and calm, green lowlands with rolling hills. The stretches of water are really big (up to a 10000 in width), so I estimate that the land makes not more than 1/4 of the total world surface area. Nevertheless sometimes sea-level water is contained within vast, circular calderas.

There're also small ponds at all altitudes. However rocks in summit parts of mountains have sometimes unrealistic, fantastic yet beautiful shapes, but it adds a lot of charm to this otherwise quite realistic tuning of valleys mg.

Attachments
valleys_new3.jpg
valleys_new3.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
valleys_new2.jpg
valleys_new2.jpg (64.54 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
valleys_new1.jpg
valleys_new1.jpg (64.65 KiB) Viewed 1218 times

Devy
GitHub: DevyHeavy
In-game: devy

by Devy » Post

voxelproof, can you post the settings you are using for mg_valleys? I really want to try it. Or could you make a post somewhere on the forums where you can update the settings as you keep tuning them? Thanks!

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

Devy wrote:voxelproof, can you post the settings you are using for mg_valleys? I really want to try it. Or could you make a post somewhere on the forums where you can update the settings as you keep tuning them? Thanks!
Yes, please do. They look really cool.
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

Chiantos

by Chiantos » Post

nomohakon
IRC: nomohakon
In-game: nomohakon

by nomohakon » Post

Behold, the Bedrock City!

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Sokomine wrote:Shipwrecks are hard to see below the water. During the development process, ships built out of meselamps did help a lot in that regard:
And here's a shipwreck where water has been replaced by glass by an impatient treasure hunter:
At first I was rather sceptical about your idea of placing sailing ships within the game's worlds given the small scale and obviously blocky nature of the models. But the results are more than just agreeable, they do look very good. And the question arises -- what about a "pirate" mod with pirates (or their ghosts) guarding hidden treasure set to be found as a mission objective?

voxelproof

EDEN

by voxelproof » Post

Devy wrote:voxelproof, can you post the settings you are using for mg_valleys? I really want to try it. Or could you make a post somewhere on the forums where you can update the settings as you keep tuning them? Thanks!
Of course, with pleasure. I hope thanks to it many players will find yet another way of enjoying Minetest :)

Here you go: viewtopic.php?p=328348#p328348
Attachments
Eden.jpg
Eden.jpg (63.7 KiB) Viewed 1218 times

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Comparison of Blocky Survival of August 7th and August 15th around my house.
What can be seen: New streets, some grown flowers and grass and a new house next to my two wooden rooftop buildings. The image highlights the terrain which was removed for the new buildings.
Attachments
map_diff.png
map_diff.png (98.55 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

aristotle
GitHub: askotos
IRC: aristotle_
In-game: aristotle
Location: Currently on Melpomene, waiting for the starship to be fixed.

by aristotle » Post

cheapie wrote:I'm back!

......And also turning vertical movestone into a complete elevator:
Cool! That should be shown/explained in a tute! I feel as if Mesecons movestone is still heavily underestimated, though with great potential.
Happy builds & explorations! | Initiating my Creative Minetest channel on YouTube

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

voxelproof wrote: At first I was rather sceptical about your idea of placing sailing ships within the game's worlds given the small scale and obviously blocky nature of the models. But the results are more than just agreeable, they do look very good. And the question arises -- what about a "pirate" mod with pirates (or their ghosts) guarding hidden treasure set to be found as a mission objective?
AspireMint is a very capable builder and has created a great ship plus some convincing wrecks. I'm satisifed with my ship as well. Some smaller ships would be great, too.
As to the pirates - I'd be glad if those could roam the ships. The largest problem might be the textures/skins for those pirates and sailors. The second problem would be keeping them from jumping into the water and walking the ocean floors as mobs seem to like.