[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.12] [minetest-3d_armor]

by PolySaken » Post

Back again with another question: how would I make the armor level, heal, update but not the physics_jump, physics_speed etc?
armor:set_player_armor() resets the physics set by other things using set_physics_override(), and I don't want it to.

edit: figured it out myself.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

Isja Krass
In-game: init.lua

by Isja Krass » Post

I like this mod a lot.
I'm just making small changes to the admin armor texture.
admin.png
admin.png (46.08 KiB) Viewed 3119 times

Download:
3d armor.zip
(27.39 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
license: CC BY-SA
Last edited by Isja Krass on Fri Aug 24, 2018 22:50, edited 8 times in total.

LemonFox
IRC: LemonFox
In-game: LemonFox

by LemonFox » Post

Hi stu,
I have been making a mod called any armor, its similar to Block Armour in MC.
It generates armor textures on the fly using texture modifiers.

Sadly although i can get a preview working the armor itself is not showing up.
All default armor is appearing however.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20706
Link to my mod currently

LemonFox
IRC: LemonFox
In-game: LemonFox

by LemonFox » Post

Isja Krass.
Cool textures :)
Can you give the textures themselves and give us a liscence .... i like the futuristic all controlling look :)

(By the way who was it who invented the concept that admin stuff should be pink?)

Isja Krass

by Isja Krass » Post

yes of course i can publish the textures.
the download are two posts above.

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

LemonFox wrote:Hi stu,
I have been making a mod called any armor, its similar to Block Armour in MC.
It generates armor textures on the fly using texture modifiers.

Sadly although i can get a preview working the armor itself is not showing up.
All default armor is appearing however.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20706
Link to my mod currently
Sorry, I have not looked at your code but you might find something in this mod that helps.

Hint, you might get more feedback if you put your code on a git-hosting site like GitLab or GitHub.

btw, the admin armor was added by crazyginger72 whom I believe is a girl that used a lot of pink in her mods.

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

Isja Krass wrote:yes of course i can publish the textures.
the download are two posts above.
Nice textures! The best way to share them would be in the form of a texture pack ;)

Isja Krass

by Isja Krass » Post

stu wrote:Nice textures! The best way to share them would be in the form of a texture pack ;)
yes, i will try. but I have no idea how to make a texturepack

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I made some new armor stand textures. If you're interested I created a pull request
https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... r/pull/158
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Minetest4Life

by Minetest4Life » Post

Hello,

I had a couple of questions regarding this mod. It may simply be because I'm on the latest version of Minetest, but just wanted to find out anything I don't know about the mod.

1. I see there are 6 slots for armor, but I only appear to have 5 items in the 3D armor mod that will place into the slots (helmet, chest armor, legs, boots, shield)

2. I believe I read somewhere in this thread that the armor will only protect you all 6 slots are filled. Is this correct?

Thank you!

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

Minetest4Life wrote:1. I see there are 6 slots for armor, but I only appear to have 5 items in the 3D armor mod that will place into the slots (helmet, chest armor, legs, boots, shield)
Other mods might add more items, plus six looks better than five. It doesn't matter which items you put in which slots, they are all the same.
Minetest4Life wrote:2. I believe I read somewhere in this thread that the armor will only protect you all 6 slots are filled. Is this correct?
That is not true. There might be a bonus protection if all your armor is of the same time (e.g. all steel, all diamond, etc.) or if you are wearing a full set of armor (all four pieces, or five if you include the shield) but I can't remember for sure. I know there is something like that in Minecraft.

Minetest4Life

by Minetest4Life » Post

micheal65536 wrote:
Minetest4Life wrote:1. I see there are 6 slots for armor, but I only appear to have 5 items in the 3D armor mod that will place into the slots (helmet, chest armor, legs, boots, shield)
Other mods might add more items, plus six looks better than five. It doesn't matter which items you put in which slots, they are all the same.
Minetest4Life wrote:2. I believe I read somewhere in this thread that the armor will only protect you all 6 slots are filled. Is this correct?
That is not true. There might be a bonus protection if all your armor is of the same time (e.g. all steel, all diamond, etc.) or if you are wearing a full set of armor (all four pieces, or five if you include the shield) but I can't remember for sure. I know there is something like that in Minecraft.
Thank you for the information! My initial reason for asking was it seemed like I was dropping health at the same rate, even with the armor on, but I'm going to load up a test world and look at it more closely.

Thanks again

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

Minetest4Life wrote:Thank you for the information! My initial reason for asking was it seemed like I was dropping health at the same rate, even with the armor on, but I'm going to load up a test world and look at it more closely.
I believe some parts of the armor offer more protection than others (e.g. a helmet might offer less protection than a chestplate, for the same grade of armor). You can see the amount protection given by your current armor next to the armor slots (at least if you use sfinv (the default if you haven't installed another inventory mod), I don't know if this is shown in unified inventory). I don't know what the numbers mean on their own (i.e. I don't know what a protection level of "2.5" would be in actual terms) but each piece of armor adds to the total so you should be able to compare the amount of protection offered by each piece of armor and see if any bonuses are applied.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Well, a chestplate costs 8 pieces of material, while a helmet only costs 5, it makes sense that the chestplate would offer more protection.
What is SCP-055?

Minetest4Life

by Minetest4Life » Post

That definitely makes sense, and there's no surprise there. Also, I tested the armor and it appears to be doing its job just fine. Thanks for the info on that!

hexYeah
In-game: hexYeah

by hexYeah » Post

awesome thank you !

AZY3192
GitHub: IsSomthingWrong
IRC: AZY3192
In-game: AZY3192

by AZY3192 » Post

Can i make an addon for your mod and release it myself, the key word was addon as it wont work without your mod

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

AZY3192 wrote:Can i make an addon for your mod and release it myself, the key word was addon as it wont work without your mod
Yep. Just add
3d_armor to your depends.txt file
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Where did technic armor and the hazmat suit go?
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Chem871 wrote:Where did technic armor and the hazmat suit go?
To the technic mod or a smaller addon mod

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

The texture and preview for armor does not support colorize because of that thing where you don't need to put '.png' on the end.
Edit: Oh ok colorize just doesn't work at all.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

PolySaken wrote:The texture and preview for armor does not support colorize because of that thing where you don't need to put '.png' on the end.
Edit: Oh ok colorize just doesn't work at all.
Might be able to make a more efficient version of colored leather armor if this was fixed

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

I think the armor textures are compiled into one texture so colorizing one does them all

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It seems this mod needs some updates. I've recently updated my servers to 5.0.0-dev since -rc1 just came out, and have the "sunk into the ground" issue reported previously. I see there is a "0.5.0" zip in your first post, and a corresponding branch in your git repository, but both are quite old compared to the master branch. Plus it's "5.0.0" now.

On the surface, it seems sufficient to just clone the repo and do: git checkout master; git checkout -b master-5.0.0; git merge MT_0.5.0-dev; git rebase master and put the result to use. At least, the model's positioned right and looks fine, and it doesn't crash. :-P
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

runs

by runs » Post

VanessaE wrote:It seems this mod needs some updates. I've recently updated my servers to 5.0.0-dev since -rc1 just came out, and have the "sunk into the ground" issue reported previously. I see there is a "0.5.0" zip in your first post, and a corresponding branch in your git repository, but both are quite old compared to the master branch. Plus it's "5.0.0" now.

On the surface, it seems sufficient to just clone the repo and do: git checkout master; git checkout -b master-5.0.0; git merge MT_0.5.0-dev; git rebase master and put the result to use. At least, the model's positioned right and looks fine, and it doesn't crash. :-P
Please post here your 5.0 3darmor mod. In zip, please.