[Server] Capture the Flag Server

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Chem871 » Post

What if there was a map that had 3 teams on it? That'd be an interesting change of pace.
What is SCP-055?

Gekkeupie
IRC: Majochup
In-game: majochup-upie2

by Gekkeupie » Post

It happens a lot that the server is full.
So i thought maybe you should make a Lobby where you can you 3 matches. of capture the flag.
So 90 players can play at the same time.
Or you could make a 4 team map.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

4 team map wouldnt be a good idea, as teams could team :P
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Gekkeupie
IRC: Majochup
In-game: majochup-upie2

by Gekkeupie » Post

yeah

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

There was quite an epic match today, with 15+ fighting players on and most being familiar faces on the server. It was quite fun, and took place on the caverns map. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! It was very balanced and to my knowledge no one ran completely out of swords. It lasted for quite a while and the flag was finally captured by TheNightKing.

Here are the rankings:

And it turns out Giggles-da-Silly is STILL Wasting swords.
Spoiler
And me.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Gekkeupie wrote:It happens a lot that the server is full.
So i thought maybe you should make a Lobby where you can you 3 matches. of capture the flag.
So 90 players can play at the same time.
Or you could make a 4 team map.
IIRC the reason the player limit is 30 (IIRC, haven't played CtF for a while) is that if anymore players than that are online the server lag increases

Legend:
IIRC: If. I. Remember. Correctly.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

LMD

by LMD » Post

I'm a sword hogger, too, as I'm often to lazy to go back to base :)

Agrippa
In-game: Agrippa

by Agrippa » Post

This server is amazing..the only problem is lag sometimes

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ
In-game: SouperRayene10 CESTRayCRYSTAL

by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ » Post

For caverns map this is something not complete .... on reds side there is 4 Blocks of mese ... this means that reds can get many mese swords and tools ... but blues only have Iron
so What i ask for its to upgrade the Caverns map and to put 4 Blocks too on Blues side to get Perfect match

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

the server is not detected
the server is not detected
=CTF.PNG (26.66 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Wow what happend ? CTF show error of Conexion timeout i check my connexion then its works ... server diappear from list or something happends there
Attachments
Connexion failed to access it
Connexion failed to access it
check that.PNG (6.04 KiB) Viewed 710 times

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

The machine disappeared from the internet from a while - all the websites and services hosted on it went down, including CTF and contentdb. The server and most services are back online. I'll investigate the reason when I have shell access this evening, but I believe that my host was doing maintenance work
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

When CTF map is loading we all see that Shrunks loads very slowly ... and before all the map load this cause lagg on device ... even R buttom to dont make all the map appear at Gameplay to fix some lagg dont do an great work ... i suggest adding an Grpahic Gui settings to CTF ... so we can acces graphic settings after the Craft Gui to edit some Functions to remove lagg from gameplay like Shrunks Radus to dont make all map graphics appear at gameplay settings and some functions of Graphic to remove lagg
An Graphic GUI
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (52.68 KiB) Viewed 710 times

LMD

by LMD » Post

(1) Graphics Settings are client-side(and accessible in MT), so not the modders business
If your chunks load slowly, thats most likely due to bad internet.

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

i want to talk about something missed on CTF ... an normal item becomes an kind of cheat and to still alive without diying
The Apples on CTF is not used in right sense
Most of Players use Apples to Fight other Team Base without entering in base to dont be an spawnkiller ...
This kind of players Put 30 Apples in furence as storage place then they Gonna check for 30 Apples + and 30 + : Then They Take The hidden apples and they put each 30 apples Item bar slot so They can not get 99 Apples in same time because the new update of NoOne can take more than 30 Apples
But They can put each 30 Apples on Each Bar slot .. This Update Totaly Fail!!!!
I suggest Making The Inventory GUI detectable
This mean the Inventory Gui / Slot Bar of selection of Items must detect every apple inside the inventory then the inventory must set all Apples on all the inventory to 30 ... or 10 as good number
To stop all who use Multiple Apples Slot bar to Broke the new update of max apple number
This kind of players use Multiple 30 apples Slot Trick to stay behind the spawn and to attack every player who Try to fight or who take an look ... .. when the fight happend The ApplePlayer turn so fast then he use Apples multiple slot to get infinite health then he complet The Attack and got killed the Ennemie player
The Ennemie player comes again with new sword to attack him
he do the same thing Then The ApplePlayer use Apples infinite slot bar to get another FullHealth

This is what happend all the time when only one Pro Player is online
i hope that Something changes before talking about This subjet and to dont ingore my posts as always
Attachments
Real exemple By using an secret account to See what happend when only 1 Pro player is online
Real exemple By using an secret account to See what happend when only 1 Pro player is online
screenshot_20180823_151629.png (151.12 KiB) Viewed 710 times

LMD

by LMD » Post

Solution is simple : Apple use Limit. (ie you can only use 30 apples in 3 mins or so)

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

LMD wrote:Solution is simple : Apple use Limit. (ie you can only use 30 apples in 3 mins or so)
hehehe alot of Patch apps can incrase game time to make the player get 3 hours while playing ( this will make him little fast )
for android There is GameGuardian
For PC idk
BUT nice idea :) Player can only use 3 apples then he need 3 minutes to re use more 3 apples :D

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

LMD wrote:(1) Graphics Settings are client-side(and accessible in MT), so not the modders business
If your chunks load slowly, thats most likely due to bad internet.
hmmm.... i mean an GUI with chunks Limit set ... when i run for exemple the viewing distance will be limited .. Dont say R buttom its not for custom limits
My internet is weel but Not good RAM .. to increase game speed i need to limit the viewing distance that i need ... I hope if they add this on next Minetest version
or if they add An custom Limit GUI to can select my favorite Viewing Range limit this will be better to increase game speed

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Really happy to see so many fighting players around everyday with extended matches full of intense fighting. :) Defiantly the best I have ever seen Capture the Flag since 2015.

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Hmm.. its 2018 and we still use pistols like Csgo 1.6 XD ? No Left Mouse click Scope ? ... I suggest to Upgrade the level of game experience by making an Simple pistol zoom that we can access when we click on the MouseSide ( the side that we use to open chests etc...) click of mouse to can Shoot very weel and to target the ennemy perfectly by Addding an mouse click Simple zoom like this picture
Attachments
Mouse OtherSide click  Zoom
Mouse OtherSide click Zoom
IMG_3115.JPG (347.77 KiB) Viewed 710 times

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Target4.png
Target4.png (210.6 KiB) Viewed 710 times
For all who was playing in server Today ( date of posting this Post )
Player called :TheNightKing ( sam12 original account ) suggest me an prank idea ... and its :making all the players thinks that himself ( TheNightKing ) cheats by hacking or doing some hacks but its an prank to test all the players reactions and to know who are those real friends who gonna say : No he dont hack
i accept and i told him the Pro Players locations on my team to make some players think that he hack Speed or fly to find their places so fast
i was doing drama prank of : Omg he hack bla bla bla to make all think that he hack as the plan
But he dont Hack .. i was helping him to find Players Places and doing drama to Complety Make the Prank looks so real
( to complety make others thinks that he hack)

More will think that me i need to be banned but .. Its not my suggestion
He suggest me this Prank to test their reactions ...
But now he is Banned and we know now all players reactions
But he is MAD because his rank gonna be reseted .. and because he is banned :/
what i ask for Is to unban him now the prank is completly done and unban his first account and his normal one ( i was helping him as he suggest me the idea first )
take screenshots im not an liyer
its all an Plan Prank to test Players reactions in the end not an real hack
( Not my Prank suggestion )
Attachments
Target 6.png
Target 6.png (109.01 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Target.png
Target.png (127.09 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Sat Aug 25, 2018 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Attachments
target 8.png
target 8.png (229.27 KiB) Viewed 710 times
target 5.png
target 5.png (120.64 KiB) Viewed 710 times

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

That's certainly not a prank one plays on a PvP server... TheNightKing's ban has been reduced to a week, and should be considered as a warning for everyone who has such pranks in mind. Such "pranks" will be dealt with in a very serious manner, and the player will be permanently banned without any warning. CESTRayCRYSTAL has been banned for a day, for aiding and abetting TheNightKing in this dangerous prank.

We're always busy trying to manage troublemakers and dealing with reports that say "NAME MESSAGE". The last thing we need is a cool prank like this to brighten up our day...
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ wrote:Player called :TheNightKing ( sam12 original account ) suggest me an prank idea ... and its :making all the players thinks that himself ( TheNightKing ) cheats by hacking or doing some hacks but its an prank to test all the players reactions and to know who are those real friends who gonna say : No he dont hack
I'm wondering about who, even a friend, would deny his hack, in front of the evidence. And if he is not hacking, could you provide me a plausible explanation about what he did? I still believe he used an actual hack, and even if it was just a prank, the joke is not funny. I'd still have difficulties to trust a player who used hacks in game.

It sounded obvious that he was not a "normal" hacker, as he was flying in the middle of the map, to everyone's eyes. But I wouldn't say I'm sorry to have banned him. He did everything to be banned, he got a ban as expected. I agree with ANAND to reduce his ban to a week since it was not done for cheating purpose, but you can be sure that he will be monitored closely, as we now know what he is able of.
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

ANAND wrote:That's certainly not a prank one plays on a PvP server... TheNightKing's ban has been reduced to a week, and should be considered as a warning for everyone who has such pranks in mind. Such "pranks" will be dealt with in a very serious manner, and the player will be permanently banned without any warning. CESTRayCRYSTAL has been banned for a day, for aiding and abetting TheNightKing in this dangerous prank.

We're always busy trying to manage troublemakers and dealing with reports that say "NAME MESSAGE". The last thing we need is a cool prank like this to brighten up our day...
Man TheNightKing suggest me the idea and he is who ask me for help for his own prank ! i didnt put him on any dangerous things ! im trying to say the reason right now and trying to help him !
i only Was trying to be an real friend and trying to help him !
The prank suggestion isnt my own .. He Suggest me the prank from the begin see the screenshots
He suggeest me the Prank so i helped him: he asked me to say in chat : omg he hack etc..
for the ReactionsPrank
i got banned because you think that its my suggestion ? HE SUGGEST ME THE IDEA
Its his own idea! i didnt suggest anything i only accepted im not the source of all this
The Prank is : Making Some players think that he hack
Prank Plan : Telling some players locations like that ThenNightKing run to their places and Kills them so they will think that he hack noclip or somthing to find their places so fast ..
we were using PM messages all the time
THERE isnt any real hack its all an Prank to See the Players reactions only
NOW he is MAD and he feels bad because the results of Prank is getting banning.....
i feel embrassed because all Thinks that its my idea .. its not my idea and its TheNightKing idea and we were planning for the prank
As the Prank : TheNightKing want to make others think that he hack to test their reactions and to see if There is an smart player who is going to solve the Prank...
He has an ultimate gaming mouse like that he kill on two clicks for who thinks that he hack by the Prank or without Prank
For Flying in map : its an Map load glitch as we seen in caverns : we can run on the lava because the map Glitch of slow loading ...
( its all an smart Prank made by TheNightKing to test the player reactions to to see if they could solve the Prank ... he didnt use any mod hacks ..
Flying in map : was an glitch
Killing in two hits : by increasing Gaming mouse speed of clicks
Finding players locations : i was telling him in PM their places)
You understand Now ?
its his own prank suggestion to test the Smart Players to to see if they can solve the HackTrollPrank Maze )
i know that troll is against rules .. i was trying to be an real friend and helping him not too much :/
i will never help someone to do an prank after this day :/

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ wrote:Man TheNightKing suggest me the idea and he is who ask me for help for his own prank ! i didnt put him on any dangerous things ! im trying to say the reason right now and trying to help him !
i only Was trying to be an real friend and trying to help him !
The prank suggestion isnt my own .. He Suggest me the prank from the begin see the screenshots
Who forced you to support his prank? You're free, if you don't want someone to do this, you can say no.
So you did it just to stay friend with him… we call it bad influence and that doesn't completely excuse you.

Anyway what you have done was not that serious, you have been banned for a day, wait a day and you can play with us again. It's not worth writing such paragraphs to defend yourself.

1000th post btw :D
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.