[mod] 62 underground biomes! [1.2.2] [underch]

ShallowDweller

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge: 46 underground biomes![unde

by ShallowDweller » Post

Hume2 wrote:Sorry, I'm done with mushrooms. If you want, you can draw me ruby dust. I found that I forgot this block too. Also if you come with a potential usage of any of these new blocks, I could make a mod for that.
XD I'll see if I can think of something.
Can I upload textures as an attachment in the forum?
StarNinjas wrote:ShallowDweller don't worry about burning mushroom I'm working on that☺
Good to know :D

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

ShallowDweller wrote: Can I upload textures as an attachment in the forum?
Yes, you can. It's not going to be secret :D
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

Its a cool mod just minus the random water and lava
I finished the burning mushroom if you ant it when im done w more textures
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

StarNinjas wrote:Its a cool mod just minus the random water and lava
I finished the burning mushroom if you ant it when im done w more textures
Thanks. I'll be offline for a few days, so you can give me them after you're done. Today I made the lava and water springs occur less frequently and biome-specific. I'm not sure which version you have. I can eventually make the springs even less common.

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

Ill get the new version
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

Here are the textures in the attachment.

I have an idea for a Goldstone recipe that would work in a 3x3 grid (In case you haven't found one yet):
1) Put the stones exclusive to your mod in a new group (eg. underch_stone);
2) change the recipe to this (I have no suggestions for output changes):

Code: Select all

recipe = {
		{'group:underch_stone', 'group:underch_stone','group:underch_stone'},
		{'group:underch_stone', 'default:gold_ingot','group:underch_stone'},
	}
Or don't... In case you already considered doing this but decided against it... Or maybe a gold nugget recipe?

Do you have any plans for brick/window/pillar/wall versions of the blocks your mod adds?

Also, eye don't know wheye, but eye feel leyeke the i's should grant some keyend of vision-related power(ok, I'll stop with the i-puns. Starting now.)
Attachments
textures for underch.zip
Sorry for the delay...
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Last edited by ShallowDweller on Mon Sep 03, 2018 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

Isja Krass
In-game: init.lua

by Isja Krass » Post

maybe you can add some armor for the 3D armor mod.

acidzebra

by acidzebra » Post

I like this mod - it adds a lot of variety in the underworld. I love torchberries.

I do think - and this may be personal preference - that some things need to be toned down a little, like this "sichamine" stuff that's everywhere in the upper layer:

I think a config file where you can set rarity of elements and depths of the different layers easily might be good.

Either way, thanks, awesome use of voxelmanip to keep it fast, I'm excited to go and dig deep again and see what I find!

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

ShallowDweller wrote:Here are the textures in the attachment. Did the best I could to avoid pillow shading.
Thank you! I asked only for ruby dust but I might use the other textures in the future.
I have an idea for a Goldstone recipe that would work in a 3x3 grid (In case you haven't found one yet):
1) Put the stones exclusive to your mod in a new group (eg. underch_stone);
2) change the recipe to this (I have no suggestions for output changes):

Code: Select all

recipe = {
		{'group:underch_stone', 'default:gold_ingot','group:underch_stone'},
	}
Or don't... In case you already considered doing this but decided against it... Or maybe a gold nugget recipe?
Well, you convinced me. Gold isn't so rare, so I'll use this recipe. I was already thinking about such recipe but still thanks for convincing me.
Do you have any plans for brick/window/pillar/wall versions of the blocks your mod adds?
I plan adding stairs and moreblocks support for most of them. And I'll also consider slime bricks.
Also, eye don't know wheye, but eye feel leyeke the i's should grant some keyend of vision-related power(ok, I'll stop with the i-puns. Starting now.)
It's a good idea, but I said no. There must be a limit between the elements those are provided by my mod and elements those might provide other mods. This mods provides some elements those can be found underground. However, this doesn't mean that such features will never exist. These features might be still implemented in other mods, either by me or by someone else. Still thanks for eye-dea idea, after I release this mod, I could make a mod that features your idea.
acidzebra wrote:I like this mod - it adds a lot of variety in the underworld. I love torchberries.
Oh, thanks for response!
I do think - and this may be personal preference - that some things need to be toned down a little, like this "sichamine" stuff that's everywhere in the upper layer:

I think a config file where you can set rarity of elements and depths of the different layers easily might be good.
Did this appear only in one world or you generated multiple worlds and it generated this way in each of them? I think, you are just lucky because the sichamine biome is already rare. (short explanation: There are four flooded biomes: "sichamine", "sichamine shadow", "hot water" and "quartz + water". The biome with lots of sea lanterns is "sichamine" and the other flooded biome in your screenshot is "sichamine shadow".) The sichamine biome is rare while the sichamine shadow biome is more common. For the sichamine lanterns, I'll make them draw as normal instead of glasslike.

There is currently no easy way to make one biome more or less rare. Also the depth is problematic because it's determined by polynomial functions with pre-calculated coefficients (I used polynomial interpolation). It is only easily possible to modify the rarity of blocks generated in biomes in worldgen.lua.

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

Hume2 wrote: Well, you convinced me. Gold isn't so rare, so I'll use this recipe. I was already thinking about such recipe but still thanks for convincing me.
I plan adding stairs and moreblocks support for most of them. And I'll also consider slime bricks.
Glad to know. :D
It's a good idea, but I said no. There must be a limit between the elements those are provided by my mod and elements those might provide other mods. This mods provides some elements those can be found underground. However, this doesn't mean that such features will never exist. These features might be still implemented in other mods, either by me or by someone else. Still thanks for eye-dea idea, after I release this mod, I could make a mod that features your idea.
Indeed. Having too many features and/or having to depend on other mods may not always be the best choice. Sure, sometimes it is nice, but that's up to the developer. eye I was a bit inspired to make puns that day (wich was the main reason for me to post that suggestion)

Ps. Thanks for putting the code under WTFPL.

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

@StarNinjas How is it going? I'd like to release the mod soon.
Isja Krass wrote:maybe you can add some armor for the 3D armor mod.
I was thinking about gem tools and armour. I could add them in a separate mod because the gems are quite abundant and it would be hard to balance them. Plus not everyone likes the idea of being able to craft tools and armour from all sort of minerals.

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

Hello! i will finish up some textures then send it you! thanks for the cool mod

PS: In case you want new textures for the water blocks you can use mine from xblox: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19816

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

Done! Burning Mushroom, Hekrtorit, Underground Bush
Attachments
underch new textures.rar
:) here it is
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

StarNinjas wrote:Done! Burning Mushroom, Hekrtorit, Underground Bush
Thank you, good job. Do you agree with that I'll use the textures under the license CC-BY-SA 3.0? (I just need to be sure in order to be able to use them.) Underground Bush and Burning Mushroom are nice, I'll use them. I wouldn't use the new Hektorite texture because it looks too similar to Ruby Dust and looks too Minecraft-ish. Still thanks for the other two.
I asked you to make textures for Dust, Underground Wine and Mese Crystal. Are you still working on them?

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

ok what does the mese need to look like, and is dust a block or is it like moss?

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

StarNinjas wrote:ok what does the mese need to look like, and is dust a block or is it like moss?
I imagine that the texture for mese crystals can look similar to mese block but with a connected texture and without text. Dust is a block.

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

ok so 1 that is prtty normal but w out the text and a secound 1 that would have no boarder

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

how does this look
Attachments
underch_mese.png
underch_mese.png (459 Bytes) Viewed 1094 times

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

StarNinjas wrote:how does this look
It looks like yellow MC stone.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

It's yellow MT stone

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Why not have "octu-mese" (blue-colored more rare and powerful mese) for the new mese type? There's a very old mod that adds it but i can't seem to find the link right now.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

Stix wrote:Why not have "octu-mese" (blue-colored more rare and powerful mese) for the new mese type? There's a very old mod that adds it but i can't seem to find the link right now.
+1
I can probably make aqua textures

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

Stix wrote:Why not have "octu-mese" (blue-colored more rare and powerful mese) for the new mese type? There's a very old mod that adds it but i can't seem to find the link right now.
I have seen the mod. The octu-mese could rarely generate in saphire+mese biome when the mod is enabled. Thanks for suggestion.

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

StarNinjas wrote:how does this look
Sorry, I didn't notice your post. It looks well, thank you! And since it's derived from the MTG's texture, the license is CC-BY-SA 3.0. (else it wouldn't be even legal :) ) And you still haven't specified the license of your previous textures. If you say CC-BY-SA 3.0, everything is fine, just please, say it. I'm not a copyright jester but other people are (or I don't know but everyone behaves like the world was full of copyright jesters).

EDIT: I modified your mese crystal texture a bit to make it smoother and more saturate.

StarNinjas

by StarNinjas » Post

Yes that license is fine:)