This thread is meant to summarize and collect development efforts regarding role-playing game elements for Minetest.
The idea is to create a bundle of reusable self-contained mods to realize a role-playing game experience in Minetest.
- Skills (e.g. lock picking, blacksmithing, farming, etc.)
All resources used must be compatible with the projects license.
The following resources are meant for pen and paper role-playing games. Still, it should be no problem to reuse them for a video game as well.
- Dungeons & Dragons System Reference Document
- Basic Fantasy RPG game system
- Warrior, Rogue & Mage game system
- Myriad RPG System, Myriad Lite for Opensim, Myriad Universal RPG System for Opensim
This section gathers material for the lore of the game. The free and open source turn-based strategy game The Battle for Wesnoth offers a tremendous amount of material (see the [Wesnoth] links down below), which is available under the terms of GNU GPLv2+ or CC-BY-SA 4.0.
- Unofficial Dungeons & Dragons Wiki
- The Battle for Wesnoth Soundtrack files on GitHub
- The Battle for Wesnoth creatures and races portraits in their units section.
An idea is to reuse the "default" mod of Minetest Game (subsequently referred to as MTG) and strip it of unnecessary elements. Additional mods could be either reused or developed from scratch in a self-contained manner.
You are very welcome to bring in your own ideas. Thanks to all helping to further this project.
I wanted to know if there was interest in creating a subgame placed in the world of Dungeons & Dragons? We could use the official System Reference Document and the organized D&D Wiki to set up fundamental elements like levelling, races, classes, items, creatures, lore, etc.
What do you think on this?