[Mod] Digiline Terminal [digiline_terminal]

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

[Mod] Digiline Terminal [digiline_terminal]

by 12Me21 » Post

Digilines doesn't have any text input devices, and the only output device is the LCD (Which has a very limited amount of space.)

This mod adds an input/output terminal. Received messages are added to the output text box, and you can send messages by typing in the input field. Separate digiline channels can be used for input and output.

(Originally this mod included other devices, but (at least for now) I've decided to remove most of them)

Dependencies:
  • Digilines
Download:
https://github.com/12Me21/digiline_term ... master.zip (https://github.com/12Me21/digiline_terminal)
Last edited by 12Me21 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 14:48, edited 3 times in total.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

list of Digiline Input/Output Devices

by Desour » Post

12Me21 wrote:So I noticed that there aren't many digiline input/output devices right now.
But there are some:
Last edited by Desour on Mon Sep 17, 2018 18:04, edited 2 times in total.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

Re: list of Digiline Input/Output Devices

by GreenXenith » Post

DS-minetest wrote:digiline-suff (my fork, because the original is not maintained anymore)
digistuff eg. had a terminal where you could set a formspec and then use. somehow it's away, I'll ask cheapie, what happened
It moved to a different git host. https://cheapiesystems.com/git/digistuff
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:digiline-suff (my fork, because the original is not maintained anymore)
digistuff eg. had a terminal where you could set a formspec and then use. somehow it's away, I'll ask cheapie, what happened
It moved to a different git host. https://cheapiesystems.com/git/digistuff
Oh, thanks!
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

Re: [Mod] Digiline Input/Output Devices [digiline_io]

by v-rob » Post

It's always great to see another digiline mod. Once I learned how to use digilines, I fell in love with it. Of course, most things I've seen have part or all of the basic stuff: Input, output (Well, that one's even in the base mod -- LCDs), data storage of some sort, and printing (using books or paper, maybe both). But the input/output is an interesting idea. I don't think any other mods have it. Anyway, nice job!
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
12Me21 wrote:So I noticed that there aren't many digiline input/output devices right now.
But there are some:
Oh, nice!
(I guess I didn't look hard enough)
I'll definitely have to look at these, (and possibly remove some of the duplicate items from this mod)

EDIT:
Alright, I think the nodes I'll keep are:
- Input/Output
- Printer (maybe. The digiprinter is nice, but requires memorandum, and there are now writable books in default)
- Debugger (though maybe this could just be an option for the input/output console?)
- Multi-line input (again, could be an option for the input/output console... And even now, you can just write a message with line breaks in the output panel and then copy/paste it into the input...)
I'm also planning on adding some simple controllers, so you don't have to use a luacontroller just to, say, output a digiline signal when a mesecon signal is received, or send a mesecon signal when a digiline signal matches a certain pattern.

LegoLogger
GitHub: BakerPrime
IRC: BakerPrime
In-game: BakerPrime

by LegoLogger » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
But there are some:
Also don't forget all these new display additions, controlled by digilines.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20651&hilit=Digilines
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12537&hilit=Digilines
And
https://github.com/gbl08ma/textline

~~BakerPrime
For those who complain about radiation, I should remind you that every time you leave your house, you step into
the worlds largest radiation beam. (Why else do you think us programmers hide in basements? ;P )

if you need to speak to me, you can catch me on #VE-Minetest-Servers, #RRH-Servers, ##Minetestwithunk, or #Minetest

Desour

by Desour » Post

LegoLogger wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:blablabla
Also don't forget all these new display additions, controlled by digilines.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20651&hilit=Digilines
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12537&hilit=Digilines
And
https://github.com/gbl08ma/textline

~~BakerPrime
There are even more, like nodes that get another colour by sending a digiline signal to them, displays where you can set pixels and co. But I thought, they wouldn't have to do enough with the things added in this mod here.

@12Me21: Having multiple mods that add nodes which do nearly the same doesn't really hurt imo, maybe you can implement some nodes better that other mods. Implement as many in/out -put devices as you like.

12Me21

Re: [Mod] Digiline Input/Output Devices [2.0] [digiline_io]

by 12Me21 » Post

Alright, I've made a bunch of changes.
Some of the more redundant devices have been removed (though I might add some of them again), and I added the LCD from my other mod. The input/output terminal now has a model and textures, though the printer and controller still use placeholders.

The most important new node is the "Digiline Controller". It's designed to do simple tasks like converting a digiline message into a mesecon signal, as an alternative to the Luacontroller. It can also do pattern matching (which is disabled in the Luacontroller, and hopefully the way I implemented it is safe enough...).