can not disable sound

SegFault22

can not disable sound

by SegFault22 » Post

Sometimes when I am playing minetest, I like to listen to Metallica. But I can't disable sound. I tried setting #ENABLE_SOUND to ''false'' in Minetest.conf.example, and even setting the volume to 0, but nothing works at all :P
I even restarted Minetest after editing the config file, and saved it before I restarted.
Any ideas?
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

Rath

by Rath » Post

Did you set "enable_sound = false" in "minetest.conf".

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Yes, of course, already stated in beginning post.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

Rath

by Rath » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Sometimes when I am playing minetest, I like to listen to Metallica. But I can't disable sound. I tried setting #ENABLE_SOUND to ''false'' in Minetest.conf.example, and even setting the volume to 0, but nothing works at all :P
I even restarted Minetest after editing the config file, and saved it before I restarted.
Any ideas?

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

''minetest.conf'' has a file extension of ''example'' and each part of it starts with ''#''. In minetest.conf, or as you all see it ''minetest'', doesn't have ANYTHING even barely related to sound.

Josh

by Josh » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Sometimes when I am playing minetest, I like to listen to Metallica. But I can't disable sound. I tried setting #ENABLE_SOUND to ''false'' in Minetest.conf.example, and even setting the volume to 0, but nothing works at all :P
Any ideas?
Metallica are awesome aren't they! Also SegFault22 try turning off or unplugging your speakers.
Last edited by Josh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Metallica? OH, you mean Selloutica. ;-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Ah, fixed the issue. Minetest.conf.EXAMPLE is a file of stuff that you can put in minetest.conf, without the # symbols to do certain things, like enable/disable sound or stuff like that :P

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

The hash character (#) indicates a comment, so if you comment out a setting in your minetest.conf the game will fall back to using the default setting set within the engine. ^_^

alexcraft

by alexcraft » Post

you dont like sound i tried 100000000000000000 times to make music work but nothing

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Install OpenAL
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

Eeeeet is true. OpenAL should be installed system-wide. Most installers pack it these days. Google is your friend.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/