[Server] Survival X

lightseer

Re: [Server] Survival X

by lightseer » Post

I vote yes to give kick fly to xXNicoXx. He does not go around killing folks and has developed a lot of property. I do not know if he has any deep mines, but I am sure he does.

The stuff he gives out has helped me to make a clay machine. This is allowing me to construct lots of colorful things at the glacial spawn. To see it go to spawn, go west and hit the purple bell. That takes you to glacial spawn. Then go through the north gate and immediately turn left. You will see my stuff behind the christmas tree. Also check out snowman's duel stone statues nearby.

xXNicoXx
GitHub: xXNicoXx
IRC: xXNicoXx
In-game: xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

Thx Talamh Ps I have remove the free bows And free arows It gives free Diamond shovel and free Diamond hoe For all PLayer as a mesage :)

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

talamh wrote:
TheMiner wrote:Fighting about privs on a server is not the way to go.. player must prove them worthy to do the job. Hi minetest how are you :)
Agreed.

I've stated before that /kick should be given to a few regular players so they can try to keep some kind of order on the server, this should only be given provisionally at first to see if the player abuses the priv.

My top suggestions as to who should get /kick would be RabidRabbit and _; both are long term players (longer term than me anyway) and both are bilingual (English/Spanish and English/Russian respectively) which I consider a major plus with regard to monitoring the public chat. I have never seen either break any rules and consider both to be 100% trustworthy players.

As for xXNicoXx I'd agree with provisional /kick being granted but not /fly etc as they should be reserved for moderators.

I'd also like to suggest that moderators should lose their privs after a period of inactivity - say 1 month - if you are not playing the server then you are clearly not moderating the server either.
I do not run a server. I think it would be fun to have contests with temporary fly as a reward -- like for just one day. How about a house design contest or a timed machine building competition?

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

talamh wrote:
TheMiner wrote:Fighting about privs on a server is not the way to go.. player must prove them worthy to do the job. Hi minetest how are you :)
Agreed.

I've stated before that /kick should be given to a few regular players so they can try to keep some kind of order on the server, this should only be given provisionally at first to see if the player abuses the priv.

My top suggestions as to who should get /kick would be RabidRabbit and _; both are long term players (longer term than me anyway) and both are bilingual (English/Spanish and English/Russian respectively) which I consider a major plus with regard to monitoring the public chat. I have never seen either break any rules and consider both to be 100% trustworthy players.

As for xXNicoXx I'd agree with provisional /kick being granted but not /fly etc as they should be reserved for moderators.

I'd also like to suggest that moderators should lose their privs after a period of inactivity - say 1 month - if you are not playing the server then you are clearly not moderating the server either.

First I want say thanks that You vote for me But I Have free shoping mile and so And SOUALYMANE Is Not more so aktiv so I need a little bid more privs than just like only kick that I can controll a little bid the rules Admin I can show you this if you want :)

talamh

by talamh » Post

xXNicoXx wrote:

First I want say thanks that You vote for me But I Have free shoping mile and so And SOUALYMANE Is Not more so aktiv so I need a little bid more privs than just like only kick that I can controll a little bid the rules Admin I can show you this if you want :)
Several players have free shopping malls, they may WANT extra privs but they don't NEED extra privs, and having a free shopping mall does not mean that a player can be trusted with extra privs.

Currently I am happy to vote that you be given /kick but no more than that. My top 4 suggestions for players that I think should be given /kick are (in no particular order) RabidRabbit, _ , _a and bobo. I forgot to mention _a and bobo in my previous post, I recommend them for the same reasons as before: bilingual active players that I believe are 100% trustworthy.

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

talamh wrote:
Agreed.

Agreed

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKeL wrote:
talamh wrote:
Agreed.

Agreed
Thx SaKel So I become the privs? And I want Show You a machine that Dublicate anything for Fix it SaKel

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE:
* updated basic machines mod - visit basic machines git repository or the forum page for more info
* added magma cobblestone - cobblestone will become full of magma if close to lava
* tweaked appearance of the wieldhand

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

Thanks for updating the Server SaKeL, hope it fixes some of the bugs.But I personally think granting privs to persons because they just ask for it and give stuff (diamonds) away for free isn't the right way. At least not fly, grant or basic_privs. /Kick is OK as it doesn't really harm anyone, but that's just my personal opinion.

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

Hey SaKel The Update Is Not Good So Much Machines Not work anymore pls can You remove the max Generator that You can have more than 5 Generator with 50 Upgrades per Player pls

talamh

by talamh » Post

xXNicoXx wrote:Hey SaKel The Update Is Not Good So Much Machines Not work anymore pls can You remove the max Generator that You can have more than 5 Generator with 50 Upgrades per Player pls
It's Machine Armageddon! And I love it!

SaKeL what's to stop players using multiple accounts to build huge banks of generators, 5 per account? I'd suggest that only movers that are owned by the owner of the generator should be able to remove power rods from the generator; this may already be the case I have not looked at the source yet.

m8ii

by m8ii » Post

ADM17 wrote:Thanks for updating the Server SaKeL, hope it fixes some of the bugs.But I personally think granting privs to persons because they just ask for it and give stuff (diamonds) away for free isn't the right way. At least not fly, grant or basic_privs. /Kick is OK as it doesn't really harm anyone, but that's just my personal opinion.
What does command '/kick'?
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

talamh

by talamh » Post

m8ii wrote:
ADM17 wrote:Thanks for updating the Server SaKeL, hope it fixes some of the bugs.But I personally think granting privs to persons because they just ask for it and give stuff (diamonds) away for free isn't the right way. At least not fly, grant or basic_privs. /Kick is OK as it doesn't really harm anyone, but that's just my personal opinion.
What does command '/kick'?
/kick allows the player to force another player off of the server. Useful when dealing with spammers.

odiseu
IRC: odiseu
In-game: odiseu

by odiseu » Post

Apparently a player called (Xgln7sKE) and other calls (_a) (Nanamy-chan) decided to spread on the server a bug machine that multiplies all kinds of objects I do not know if that's good but I hope it can be fixed by the server owner, since the server becomes boring due to the constant use of this machine, as well as other objects that are no longer interesting for players since they can now be obtained easily. Examples: (PB & J Pup candies, PB & J pup, beehive,) and Many other objects that make the game interesting.
(I hope you can fix this if it seems an incorrect machine)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Anyone can tell how i can reproduce this bug?

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKeL wrote:Anyone can tell how i can reproduce this bug?
Come On I Show you

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKel Come On My ingame Name is xXNicoXx Send Me an tpr and I can Show you how it work And How You can fix it fast like in 10 min no problem

odiseu
IRC: odiseu
In-game: odiseu

by odiseu » Post

I would like to know if something can be done for spam some players do all the time and people can not communicate calmly, it is a bit annoying.
https://ibb.co/iwOuYp

https://ibb.co/edg9zU

m8ii

by m8ii » Post

odiseu wrote:I would like to know if something can be done for spam some players do all the time and people can not communicate calmly, it is a bit annoying.

Just ask admin to give me priv kick.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

odiseu wrote:I would like to know if something can be done for spam some players do all the time and people can not communicate calmly, it is a bit annoying.

I Think This Is Not Really spam I think He has only writte it sometimes that The Player See it Or If You have a message for all Player You spaamm it that all Player see it :0

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

odiseu spamm is not 5 massagens with a massage for all Player spamm is when You writte like 20-30 times ago with something like fuck you or so That Is spam for me But It is only My opinion

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

m8ii wrote:

This Is Not spam for me If You writte 5 massagens ago spam is 20-30

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

m8ii wrote:

He is New I think SaKel Give No new Player Privs Only Player that Play there Long time ago But he Play there only 1 week or 5 days

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

xXNicoXx has been granted /kick priv due to positive reaction from other players, not fly priv due to some concerns from other players.

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKeL wrote:Anyone can tell how i can reproduce this bug?
Hey SaKel At The Time You was go Off I have duplicate My bow Witha bug I have found a new bug but You have log out Pls Say Me If You go On that I can you the new bug