Setting up a server for a school project.

Post Reply
krux
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 18:59

Setting up a server for a school project.

by krux » Post

Hi,

I have a problem. I'm trying out minetest to do a small porject in school but i need to remove the lava and water.
Is there a simple way to remove the blocks from everyone inventory or to stop them from flowing when used?

dawgdoc
Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 01:10
GitHub: dawgdoc

Re: Setting up a server for a school project.

by dawgdoc » Post

krux wrote:Hi,

I have a problem. I'm trying out minetest to do a small porject in school but i need to remove the lava and water.
Is there a simple way to remove the blocks from everyone inventory or to stop them from flowing when used?
Check the code in this mod by Maikerumine, he has it set up to prevent placing lava and water above 0 in altitude.
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5/blo ... igrief.lua
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

krux
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 18:59

Re: Setting up a server for a school project.

by krux » Post

dawgdoc wrote:Check the code in this mod by Maikerumine, he has it set up to prevent placing lava and water above 0 in altitude.
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5/blo ... igrief.lua
That would be perfect, how do I use the code, can I put it in a excisting file or do I need to use the complete package?

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 02:51

Re: Setting up a server for a school project.

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Post

copy paste that code into a text file and name "init.lua"
put init.lua into a folder called "antigrief"
put that folder into "mods" directory.
Sometimes minetest has more than 1 mods directory, just find the one with other mod folders in it and that's the right place. My build has minetest/mods = wrong/useless. So i use minetest/games/minetest_games/mods/

krux
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 18:59

Re: Setting up a server for a school project.

by krux » Post

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:copy paste that code into a text file and name "init.lua"
put init.lua into a folder called "antigrief"
put that folder into "mods" directory.
Sometimes minetest has more than 1 mods directory, just find the one with other mod folders in it and that's the right place. My build has minetest/mods = wrong/useless. So i use minetest/games/minetest_games/mods/
Works perfect, altho I added river water bucket and river water source. Wasnt included in the code. Thanks for all the help.

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 02:51

Re: Setting up a server for a school project.

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Post

krux wrote:
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:copy paste that code into a text file and name "init.lua"
put init.lua into a folder called "antigrief"
put that folder into "mods" directory.
Sometimes minetest has more than 1 mods directory, just find the one with other mod folders in it and that's the right place. My build has minetest/mods = wrong/useless. So i use minetest/games/minetest_games/mods/
Works perfect, altho I added river water bucket and river water source. Wasnt included in the code. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks, I did not think about river water and I'm using Valleys for a map. Derp!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests