[Server] Survival X

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Survival X

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

SaKeL wrote:The bots have moved to Hometown now :) if you check the minetest servers list the bots are also on many other servers. I will setup some counter measures so this is not going to repeat often.
When you say "bots" do you mean all those <simplename><3-digit> players?
Maybe this will help you: https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/guest_blocker
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

BuckarooBanzay wrote:
SaKeL wrote:The bots have moved to Hometown now :) if you check the minetest servers list the bots are also on many other servers. I will setup some counter measures so this is not going to repeat often.
Yes thats what i mean, thanks just added a similar one like 1 min ago :) https://bitbucket.org/flightcentreca/no ... rc/master/

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

SaKeL wrote:
BuckarooBanzay wrote:
Yes thats what i mean, thanks just added a similar one like 1 min ago :) https://bitbucket.org/flightcentreca/no ... rc/master/
Any ideas from where/which app they come from? A few weeks ago my server was filled to the top with those..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

BuckarooBanzay wrote:Any ideas from where/which app they come from? A few weeks ago my server was filled to the top with those..
No idea, but it can come from a simple scripts like bash, shell, python, PHP, C# ... could be anything or anyone who knows a bit coding. Since everything is open source, there is no restrictions for anyones "creativity".

I just don't get what is the benefit of this for someone, lol

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Post

SaKeL wrote: I just don't get what is the benefit of this for someone, lol
To do bad things on minetest servers and overwhelm log files with fake ip to cover up the crime.
Maybe they part of a botnet that wants to disguise as playing minetest while doing something else bad.
My bet is it's nothing good.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

BuckarooBanzay wrote:Any ideas from where/which app they come from? A few weeks ago my server was filled to the top with those..

Something from this: MultiCraft, Freeminer, Worldcraft

xXNicoXx
GitHub: xXNicoXx
IRC: xXNicoXx
In-game: xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKeL wrote:
No idea, but it can come from a simple scripts like bash, shell, python, PHP, C# ... could be anything or anyone who knows a bit coding. Since everything is open source, there is no restrictions for anyones "creativity".

I just don't get what is the benefit of this for someone, lol
Sakel If I have your yes I will do it can I kick Some bots from the sever?

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

bosapara wrote:

Something from this: MultiCraft, Freeminer, Worldcraft
It is Multi craft I have it on My Phne but I Play on pc

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Now the server players list seems to be populated with regular players (player names) ;)...all good to go, thanks for reporting

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

SaKeL wrote:Now the server players list seems to be populated with regular players (player names) ;)...all good to go, thanks for reporting
I was going to suggest looking at your xban.db file, finding which groups of IP addresses have a humongous amount of accounts with these kinds of names, and adding those IP addresses to your ipban.txt file, but if the mod you added is taking care of it, we're good.

I saw them hammering Banana Land last night, so maybe they've moved on. :)

Thanks, SaKeL.

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

Hey ADMIN It is About Andy2001 he set home on a Player home and kill him anytime

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

xXNicoXx wrote:Hey ADMIN It is About Andy2001 he set home on a Player home and kill him anytime
did you talked to Andy2001 about it?

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKeL wrote:
xXNicoXx wrote:Hey ADMIN It is About Andy2001 he set home on a Player home and kill him anytime
Yes But The Thing Is Where I have start on the server he has do the same to me!!!

He Only Stops if I say stop becouse of My privs but If I go ofline he do it again.

odiseu
IRC: odiseu
In-game: odiseu

by odiseu » Post

Really that player Andy2001 becomes problematic every day more, I speak with him to tell him to stop harassing, fighting, threatening, insulting the players but every day there are more complaints from players about the I do not know how we can solve the behavior of Andy2001. This player apparently does not want to stop those bad behaviors.

I agree on this just because Andy2001 every day looks for more problems with more people.

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

odiseu wrote:Really that player Andy2001 becomes problematic every day more, I speak with him to tell him to stop harassing, fighting, threatening, insulting the players but every day there are more complaints from players about the I do not know how we can solve the behavior of Andy2001. This player apparently does not want to stop those bad behaviors.

I agree on this just because Andy2001 every day looks for more problems with more people.
If The ADMIN SaKeL Say ok I will remove all his privs for 7 days for a small warning to stop

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

if you depleted all your diplomatic strategies, then just remove his interact for few days...after few days we can re-evaluate again...

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKeL wrote:if you depleted all your diplomatic strategies, then just remove his interact for few days...after few days we can re-evaluate again...
Ok I think 5-7 days will be fair

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Sure

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

SaKeL I Need To go off But so much Player writte me Can I ask the ADMIN About a balrog Arena 2?
I Can Build if you want ? If You say yes?

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Post

xXNicoXx wrote:
SaKeL wrote:
Yes But The Thing Is Where I have start on the server he has do the same to me!!!

He Only Stops if I say stop becouse of My privs but If I go ofline he do it again.

Or you can change name of server to "Creative X server for pussy cry babies" disable PVP, give everyone 9999999 blcocks of everything and fall in love. Or stop bitching about "PVP/Survival"

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

Sometimes I can't tell why a telemosaic beacon is obstructed. They can't have trees nearby but how close can a tree be? What about flowers, grass, hillsides? What about the ceiling?

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

Or you can change name of server to "Creative X server for pussy cry babies" disable PVP, give everyone 9999999 blcocks of everything and fall in love. Or stop bitching about "PVP/Survival"[/quote]
You want the same thing like andy2001 just say yes if you want it or stop Andy2001 Have so much reports and so much warnings and kicked becommes this is only fair for all player

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

lightseer wrote:Sometimes I can't tell why a telemosaic beacon is obstructed. They can't have trees nearby but how close can a tree be? What about flowers, grass, hillsides? What about the ceiling?
If its a beacon the i guess 2 air blocks above it..just out of my head..can you give more details/screenshot?

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

SaKeL wrote:
lightseer wrote:Sometimes I can't tell why a telemosaic beacon is obstructed. They can't have trees nearby but how close can a tree be? What about flowers, grass, hillsides? What about the ceiling?
If its a beacon the i guess 2 air blocks above it..just out of my head..can you give more details/screenshot?
Yes. I have put 3 screenshots onto this imgur page: https://imgur.com/a/rBTcIYv

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

lightseer wrote:Yes. I have put 3 screenshots onto this imgur page: https://imgur.com/a/rBTcIYv
great will check when i get the chance, thx