[Server] HOMETOWN

WolfPlayzYT
In-game: WolfPlayzYT

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by WolfPlayzYT » Post

ChimneySwift wrote:OH MY GOD

that's like, 2 days of no game server, let me go get my tiny violin.

Srsly tho, I suspect ExeterDad is quite busy with RL atm... I haven't heard from him in a while, perhaps he's taking a break :)
Yeah but I mean at least pay the server so people who maybe don't want to take a break can still play. :p
Wolf Playz | YouTuber

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

WolfPlayzYT wrote:Yeah but I mean at least pay the server so people who maybe don't want to take a break can still play. :p
This might be a good time to learn about gratitude, appreciation, and respect.
I was not going to even say anything until that last post... which I find pretty disgusting.

These two people, have built this server for people to enjoy, and they provide it free of cost to players, at their own expense.
They put their own time into it in many ways, again, free of cost to you, to provide you a fun place to spend time, and this is the reaction you give? Ungrateful is the only word I can think of.

Could be any number of 'real life' things going on, maybe someone got hurt, or sick, etc., ... and anyone who is a member of that community knows they would not just leave people hanging, unless it is beyond their control or, they are dealing with something far more important.

My suggestion would be to take a few moments to reflect on this behavior, and chill out a bit.
I am sure I am not the only one who is finding your reaction, pretty annoying.
A Wonderful World

WolfPlayzYT

by WolfPlayzYT » Post

Honestly trying to judge someone as ungrateful based off of one post is pretty awful. That was not the way I meant it. I understand that some real-life stuff could be going on. But that thought was put to the back of my head due to the posts on page 181 saying that "...this has happened twice before..." and that I should expect it to happen again December 8th. So I figured based off of other posts that they forget to pay it or maybe some other thing they have going coincides with this. I don't know everything that is going on with their lives; I only know what I am told. And I can only learn based on what is there to read. I apologize if I came off as rude and inconsiderate.
Wolf Playz | YouTuber

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Just for the record, if something is provided to you free of charge (i.e. a gift), you really aren't in a position to make demands.

Server operators are ordinary people that devote their time and money for your entertainment. They do not owe you a debt; if anything they deserve a great deal of appreciation and respect. It's a tough job, and many times a thankless job as well. So before lodging complaints about a few days of downtime, please be mindful that these are human beings with a life and a family beyond Minetest.

/steps off soapbox

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:
I was not going to even say anything until that last post... which I find pretty disgusting.
My suggestion would be to take a few moments to reflect on this behavior, and chill out a bit.

I think you're wantin to pick a fight with Wolf for being right about people need to start paying them bills on time. If exeterdad rented a couch from me and got late 3 or 4 times his *** would be on a bean bag cause id yank it right out from under that welfare queen. Get that server back up now or ill have to troll somewhere else and it might be your server.
ExeterDad doesn't need to rent a couch, he has creative. And you would have been kicked for language before you could rip it from under him anyway :P

You have the wrong approach though. You are renting the ability to play on ExeterDad's server for free. If he charges you money to play on the server then you can complain. You aren't contributing anything positive to the server. And according to the bold text in that quote you've been contributing negatively. Which gives you NO grounds to be complaining.
And if you keep up these rude posts I might accidentally detain your rejoining this server for a while. You did just say you've been trolling this server :P
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

WolfPlayzYT

by WolfPlayzYT » Post

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:

I think you're wantin to pick a fight with Wolf for being right about people need to start paying them bills on time. If exeterdad rented a couch from me and got late 3 or 4 times his ass would be on a bean bag cause id yank it right out from under that welfare queen. Get that server back up now or ill have to troll somewhere else and it might be your server.
Hey, thanks for backing me up but it didn't make me look any better... That was actually quite rude. Since this apparently has happened twice before and that we should expect it to happen again December the 8th I'm not exactly 100% patient because it would appear from those two comments on 181 that he is lazy/forgetful. If you'll scroll up and maybe re-read my reply you'll understand what I mean.

Don't get yourself temp-banned buddy. I am thinking about doing trolls on a server BUT I would DEFINITELY contact the owner and ask if I could. Would also help if I had some perms. I don't really know what the Owner would get out of it, except a good entertaining video to watch ;p. I'll do some basic trolling (like digging them down 5 blocks or so, just not around water) or something like that to my friends. As I said, don't go around trolling, please.
Wolf Playz | YouTuber

WolfPlayzYT

by WolfPlayzYT » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:

I think you're wantin to pick a fight with Wolf for being right about people need to start paying them bills on time. If exeterdad rented a couch from me and got late 3 or 4 times his *** would be on a bean bag cause id yank it right out from under that welfare queen. Get that server back up now or ill have to troll somewhere else and it might be your server.
ExeterDad doesn't need to rent a couch, he has creative. And you would have been kicked for language before you could rip it from under him anyway :P

You have the wrong approach though. You are renting the ability to play on ExeterDad's server for free. If he charges you money to play on the server then you can complain. You aren't contributing anything positive to the server. And according to the bold text in that quote you've been contributing negatively. Which gives you NO grounds to be complaining.
And if you keep up these rude posts I might accidentally detain your rejoining this server for a while. You did just say you've been trolling this server :P
Amazing roast man!
Wolf Playz | YouTuber

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

WolfPlayzYT wrote:Since this apparently has happened twice before and that we should expect it to happen again December the 8th I'm not exactly 100% patient because it would appear from those two comments on 181 that he is lazy/forgetful.
He's pretty busy irl.
Being impatient won't do a thing. It'll just come across as being rude. And probably start a fight. Best thing to do is just sit and wait quietly
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
WolfPlayzYT wrote:Since this apparently has happened twice before and that we should expect it to happen again December the 8th I'm not exactly 100% patient because it would appear from those two comments on 181 that he is lazy/forgetful.
He's pretty busy irl.
And that could be a very likely reason for letting the payday slip by.

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:i dont take concern and worry as "disgustin,ungreatful,annoying, who needs therapy. dont be a pussy and let a dev with his head in the cloud scold you like a 3 year old.
Perhaps you should consider the possibility that you are behaving like a 3 year old, and thus should be treated as such. You're expecting that somebody else provide you with a platform for you to run around and "troll" on. That's not just 3-year-old behavior, that's badly behaving 3-year-old behavior.
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote: If exeterdad rented a couch from me and got late 3 or 4 times his *** would be on a bean bag cause...
This is completely true, that's how bills work and that's how renting things has always worked, and in fact the hosting provider has done just that, the server is down as the bill hasn't been paid, makes sense. But don't think for one second this applies to you, EDad isn't renting anything off you. To apply your logic, it'd be like me getting mad at my parents because they stop hiring a couch with their own money (what was that about 3-year-old behavior again?).

I like the way TumeniNodes and sorcerykid put this. It's not like EDad is made of money, and even if he was I doubt he'd want to literally pay an arm and a leg for the server. He's spending time at work getting money, and time maintaining the server, there are many reasons why he might not have enough time or money to renew the server on time each and every month. In my opinion anybody who isn't incredibly grateful (or at least quiet about being ungrateful) for his free service to us all, should get booted off the server. Love it or leave it as they say.

And now, I will try not argue any more because the last thing any of you want is for Kibbie to step in here and be on her bad side (or DrClaw).
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:i dont take concern and worry as "disgustin,ungreatful,annoying, who needs therapy.
"Concern and worry" towards nice people, who give selflessly unto others would look more like ("Wow, I sure hope they're all ok.")
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote: dont be a pussy and let a dev with his head in the cloud scold you like a 3 year old.
I appreciate the promotion but, I have to decline the offer.

ExeterDad & Kibbie might get upset with me for even getting involved but, I seriously feel it would be best for everyone to relax, and wait to hear from them, before things get out of hand.
Take the time the server is down to check out some other servers or read a book or something.
A Wonderful World

Miss Micah
In-game: micah

by Miss Micah » Post

I think every single one of you just needs to calm the heck down! And calm the sarcasm down because that’s not gonna help anyone. Yeah we don’t know what’s happening and yeah it would’ve been nice to give a heads up but just give it some time.....I haven’t played in about 4 weeks, just chill and stop yelling at each other and blaming people! I love you all! Later!
God's Not Dead!!
You are Loved!!
Hiya! I'm Miss Micah XD

MommyKat
In-game: MommyKat DrClaw AriaJade

by MommyKat » Post

I think Micah has the right idea guys. Chill... the... heck... out!
For one thing, NO ONE HERE knows exactly what happened. Some of you may recall, during the Great Map Crisis, that Edad's server provider also had a major equipment failure. It's possible that may have happened again. Or, he may have a failure with his home equipment. It could be a simple as a blown power supply, or as involved as replacing the dang motherboard. Or the hard drive. None of us knows, and until we get an answer, speculation is just feeding the trolls. Let's all take two steps back, remember that it has only been a few days, and it's a game, fer cryin' out loud! It is totally not worth the arguing and the angst.
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

"Love feels a lot like tomatoes"-Candace Flynn

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

I'm taking this time to read the Lord of the Rings for the first time. It's very exciting!

WolfPlayzYT

by WolfPlayzYT » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:i dont take concern and worry as "disgustin,ungreatful,annoying, who needs therapy.
"Concern and worry" towards nice people, who give selflessly unto others would look more like ("Wow, I sure hope they're all ok.")
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote: dont be a pussy and let a dev with his head in the cloud scold you like a 3 year old.
I appreciate the promotion but, I have to decline the offer.

ExeterDad & Kibbie might get upset with me for even getting involved but, I seriously feel it would be best for everyone to relax and wait to hear from them before things get out of hand.
Take the time the server is down to check out some other servers or read a book or something.
Good idea. Ftr, I only fired back because I was fired at lol. Yeah, I am actually having some fun at Banana Land. The subs seem to love it too. I can't really compare the two because I only had the chance to play in HOMETOWN for 3 days. Not advertising them or anything but if y'all get bored maybe check it out? Seems like a cool server; can't wait for HOMETOWN though.
Wolf Playz | YouTuber

WolfPlayzYT

by WolfPlayzYT » Post

ChimneySwift wrote:
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:i dont take concern and worry as "disgustin,ungreatful,annoying, who needs therapy. dont be a pussy and let a dev with his head in the cloud scold you like a 3 year old.
Perhaps you should consider the possibility that you are behaving like a 3 year old, and thus should be treated as such. You're expecting that somebody else provide you with a platform for you to run around and "troll" on. That's not just 3-year-old behavior, that's badly behaving 3-year-old behavior.
HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote: If exeterdad rented a couch from me and got late 3 or 4 times his *** would be on a bean bag cause...
This is completely true, that's how bills work and that's how renting things has always worked, and in fact the hosting provider has done just that, the server is down as the bill hasn't been paid, makes sense. But don't think for one second this applies to you, EDad isn't renting anything off you. To apply your logic, it'd be like me getting mad at my parents because they stop hiring a couch with their own money (what was that about 3-year-old behavior again?).

I like the way TumeniNodes and sorcerykid put this. It's not like EDad is made of money, and even if he was I doubt he'd want to literally pay an arm and a leg for the server. He's spending time at work getting money, and time maintaining the server, there are many reasons why he might not have enough time or money to renew the server on time each and every month. In my opinion anybody who isn't incredibly grateful (or at least quiet about being ungrateful) for his free service to us all, should get booted off the server. Love it or leave it as they say.

And now, I will try not to argue anymore because the last thing any of you want is for Kibbie to step in here and be on her bad side (or DrClaw).
This is quite a good explanation actually. My thoughts were only fed by the few other comments on 181. I'm not sure how much the server bill costs (I thought it was $20 or something but apparently more?) but it could be that as of late (since this has happened before) he has needed the money for something else more important. Or like a lower comment says, maybe the provider and or ExDad had an electronic or physical failure. I don't know; none of us know. Let's just all breathe and have a little fun elsewhere for now. Patience is a virtue.
Wolf Playz | YouTuber

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

Whoa..... I agree that we must be patient, it had only been 3 days without the server and there were people causing chaos already. O.o
You guys need to really calm down. If the server never comes up again then maybe a staff member will make a Hometown 2? Still, it hasn't been that long since the server went down, so please stop arguing and throwing out swear words everywhere. Those of you who can't live without Hometown, and looking every second for the server to be up, get a life. :p Anyways I should be sleeping because it's 2:46 AM. Please get along and be nice... lol.
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

Miss Micah

by Miss Micah » Post

harmony wrote:Whoa..... I agree that we must be patient, it had only been 7 days without the server and there were people causing chaos already. O.o
You guys need to really calm down. If the server never comes up again then maybe a staff member will make a Hometown 2? Still, it hasn't been that long since the server went down, so please stop arguing and throwing out swear words everywhere. Those of you who can't live without Hometown, and looking every second for the server to be up, get a life. :p Anyways I should be sleeping because it's 2:46 AM. Please get along and be nice... lol.
Get a life she means as in find a hobby, look up some hobbies and find one which is best for you! XD
God's Not Dead!!
You are Loved!!
Hiya! I'm Miss Micah XD

cautiouspotato
GitHub: no
IRC: no
In-game: no

by cautiouspotato » Post

BBmine wrote:I'm taking this time to read the Lord of the Rings for the first time. It's very exciting!
took me about a year on and off to finish it, its pretty good
no

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Server is pingable now!
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-11-19_19-18-47.png
Screenshot_2018-11-19_19-18-47.png (38.91 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

BBmine wrote:I'm taking this time to read the Lord of the Rings for the first time. It's very exciting!
I was (believe it or not) about 8 yo when I read The Hobbit, and then LOTR and FOTR, at that age, in a much different time than now those books painted their own creative images in my mind...
We did not have such wonderfully made movies then, or computers in the home, etc... so reading was a big thing for kids my age. They were our escape and they had an entirely different impact then.

And books are always so much better than the movies
Enjoy
A Wonderful World

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

BBmine wrote:Server is pingable now!
Just to be clear, the server is by no means up.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

I sure do hope everything is ok with them... (getting a bit concerned)
A Wonderful World

Miss Micah

by Miss Micah » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:I sure do hope everything is ok with them... (getting a bit concerned)
Yeah I came to checking to see how things are and now I’m worried...
God's Not Dead!!
You are Loved!!
Hiya! I'm Miss Micah XD

eddd
IRC: eddd
In-game: eddd

by eddd » Post

Hello everyone! Long time no see! Miss you all! Just stopped and noticed The concerns. Is Kibbie and Exeter ok? Also, just wanted to let everyone know that there is life outside the game! :) lol just find something else to do till the server is back up!!