delete thread

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM5]

by maikerumine » Post

I will update the engine now. I noticed you were getting kicked after crafting a steel pick. I am in that mine now, cannot see a error in log. Must be engine.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

maikerumine wrote:I noticed you were getting kicked after crafting a steel pick. I am in that mine now, cannot see a error in log. Must be engine.
I was kicked twice, the second time right after the first one, with the message "connection time out". Maybe I just do not have a quick transfer when I connect to your server. The data has to travel half the globe to allow me to play ESM5 lol. Maybe there is nothing to worry about? But I do not remember having such problems with ESM4 or the first aftermath, that's why I mention it at all.

Thanks for your interest maike.

Edit >>> Now, after server was updated, we can connect to this awesome server with the most recent minetest client which you can find in "artifacts.zip" at automated minetest gitlab.com repo (If you do not know what is about, please read the "Daily development build [5.0.0-dev]" thread). At least 67b20ff version works (it will be host for 2 month there; if you want to download it, click on "package" and look for download button) ;) This mean that older dev clients, which were used to this day by players to connect to this server, probably will not work now.

Edit 2 >>> Wooow! No lag! Server is fast! Both digging in the mine and harvesting crops can be done smoothly, without delay! I did not expect such an improvement, I thouth slow connection somewhere between our computers is the major cause of my problem (who knows what networks pass that data). I am completely surprised! Wonderful, great! Thanks maike! Now the server runs like Extreme Super Mega!

If someone is interested: with this update at least minetest was updated to the newer version, the item-drop was removed and conflict with steel boots was fixed. Thanks a lot!

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

parasite wrote:
maikerumine wrote:I noticed you were getting kicked after crafting a steel pick. I am in that mine now, cannot see a error in log. Must be engine.
I was kicked twice, the second time right after the first one, with the message "connection time out". Maybe I just do not have a quick transfer when I connect to your server. The data has to travel half the globe to allow me to play ESM5 lol. Maybe there is nothing to worry about? But I do not remember having such problems with ESM4 or the first aftermath, that's why I mention it at all.

Thanks for your interest maike.

Edit >>> Now, after server was updated, we can connect to this awesome server with the most recent minetest client which you can find in "artifacts.zip" at automated minetest gitlab.com repo (If you do not know what is about, please read the "Daily development build [5.0.0-dev]" thread). At least 67b20ff version works (it will be host for 2 month there; if you want to download it, click on "package" and look for download button) ;) This mean that older dev clients, which were used to this day by players to connect to this server, probably will not work now.

Edit 2 >>> Wooow! No lag! Server is fast! Both digging in the mine and harvesting crops can be done smoothly, without delay! I did not expect such an improvement, I thouth slow connection somewhere between our computers is the major cause of my problem (who knows what networks pass that data). I am completely surprised! Wonderful, great! Thanks maike! Now the server runs like Extreme Super Mega!

If someone is interested: with this update at least minetest was updated to the newer version, the item-drop was removed and conflict with steel boots was fixed. Thanks a lot!
It is my pleasure!

I hope to update my other servers as-well to optimise. :)

Also, the long awaited "summer update" will eventually happen.

Cheers!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

DuDraig
IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

I believe I've found a reason why the elevator recipe had ruby blocks while the more advanced Travelnet booth had emerald blocks even though the mining level for ruby is much deeper than emerald.

It turns out there is another way to get ruby blocks on the surface. There is a bright green "strange grass" biome on which grow trees with mese blocks as fruit and another tree that is a big hook shaped trunk of steel and ruby blocks. If you can find this biome on the surface, it makes harvesting ruby blocks far easier than mining emerald blocks, unless there is another biome that provides emeralds.

I ran into this while searching for a rubber tree.
Last edited by DuDraig on Sat Dec 08, 2018 06:43, edited 1 time in total.

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

... Deleted because not 20 minutes after asking about rubber trees after days of constant searching, of course, I find three saplings. <sigh>

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

Things that crash the server
  • Using the tpr or tphr commands.
    This one is pretty easy. Some guy named maikerumine (Oh, THAT guy <chuckle>) pasted in a code snippet to the teleport_request module, init.lua file, tpr_send and tphr_send local functions. The original with snippit is

Code: Select all

local function tpr_send(sender, receiver)
    	if receiver == "" then
    		minetest.chat_send_player(sender, "Usage: /tpr <Player name>")
    		return
    	end

if not minetest.get_player_by_name(receiver) then
    		minetest.chat_send_player(sender, "There is no player by that name. Keep in mind this is case sensitive, and the player must be online.")
    		return
    	end

--maikerumine added for esm jail
    	 if pos.x<2085 and pos.x>1990 and pos.y>100 and pos.z<1590 and pos.z>1500 then
    		 minetest.chat_send_player(sender, "NOPE!!")
    	 end

The snippit refers to a variable called pos that has not been defined and referencing it causes the server shutdown. The fix is to define that variable and initialize it with the position of the receiver player in both the tpr_send and tphr_send functions.

local rPlayer = minetest.get_player_by_name(receiver)
    	if not rPlayer then
    		minetest.chat_send_player(sender, "There is no player by that name. Keep in mind this is case sensitive, and the player must be online.")
    		return
    	end

--maikerumine added for esm jail
    	local pos = rPlayer:get_pos()
      if pos.x < 2085 and pos.x > 1990 and pos.y > 100 and pos.z < 1590 and pos.z > 1500 then
    		minetest.chat_send_player(sender, "NOPE!!")
    	end

• Using a basic machines keypad to operate a door. Using it to send text to a sign does not. You have to reset the keypad coordinates to (0, 0, 0) in order to dig it up without crashing the server.
    This one is more complicated because the basic_macines. mesecon_doors.lua, door_signal_overwrite function creates a mesecon effector action_on callback that creates a virtual player object reference to use the door (a fake player reference with just enough information to satisfy the server but able to open the door as the player). Fortunately, the fix is even easier. The code for that action_on effector creates a function in the virtual player reference like this..

function clicker:is_player() return false end; -- method needed for mods that check this: like denaid areas mod
    However, the code in the basic_machines mod on the github source site is the same but the boolean returned by is_player is true and not false. Changing it to true fixes this crash and allows the keypad to operate the door.
    However: there may be a reason this was changed to false and changing it back might break something else.

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Hi.
I have just tried to clone latest version of ESM5 from github and create new game.

It ends with error:

ModError: Failed to load and run script from ~/.minetest/games/ESM5/mods/moresnow/init.lua:
Unknown node: moresnow:snow
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
	....minetest/games/ESM5/mods/moresnow/snow_on_construct.lua:23: in function 'build_translation_table'
	~/.minetest/games/ESM5/mods/moresnow/init.lua:29: in main chunk
Check debug.txt for details.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68