[Modpack] Display Modpack [1.3] [display_modpack]

totya

Re: [Modpack] Display Modpack [1.0] [display_modpack]

by totya » Post

Pyrollo wrote:
totya wrote:Otherwise, the screwdriver works incorrectly, this doesn't flip the table on the cube
I remember now, you have to shift-right-click-screwdriver in order to change sign direction.

I just added a simple wooden sign :)
Thank you, but something wrong with it:

Code: Select all

2018-09-20 17:15:52: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2018-09-20 17:15:52: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
2018-09-20 17:15:53: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "signs_wooden.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2018-09-20 17:15:53: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "signs_wooden.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2018-09-20 17:15:54: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
2018-09-20 17:15:54: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2018-09-20 17:15:55: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "diff" inside a function at ...k\minetest-0.4.17.1-win64\bin\..\mods\hud_clock\init.lua:104.
2018-09-20 17:16:38: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "signs_wooden_direction_inventory.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2018-09-20 17:16:38: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "signs_wooden_direction_inventory.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
I downloaded from here.

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

by Pyrollo » Post

Ooops, forgot some files. Fixed, you can try again.
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

totya

by totya » Post

Pyrollo wrote:Ooops, forgot some files. Fixed, you can try again.
Nothing changed on github...

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Could you add a link to download display_lib separately?

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

by joe7575 » Post

12Me21 wrote:Could you add a link to download display_lib separately?
This would be great. A display_lib with all dependencies (font lib, fonts) as standalone mod and a stable API.
Because I currently kicked out the Display mod pack from my TechPack mod due to (ongoing) changes in the API.
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

That was not a good day :) Additions are now online.

That's a good idea to have libs separately from modpack. Actually, display api has not changed for a while. Font API has been rewritten a few weeks ago and, hopefully, wont change for a while (no change planned).

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

by joe7575 » Post

But you should really keep the API simple and stable. Otherwise, if two mods depend on different versions of your lib, which are not compatible, we will have a problem.

And I am not sure if the object oriented approach of your font lib is a good idea. I'm afraid many modders could be overwhelmed...
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

joe7575 wrote:But you should really keep the API simple and stable. Otherwise, if two mods depend on different versions of your lib, which are not compatible, we will have a problem.

And I am not sure if the object oriented approach of your font lib is a good idea. I'm afraid many modders could be overwhelmed...
I hope this one is the definitive version of the API. The object oriented approach was the most appropriate in my point of view. Anyway, it's mostly internal stuff and should be necessary to use only in very particular cases.

I have started to split display modpack into mod repositories. But, if I use submodules in Display Modpack, Github does not include them in the downloadable zip file :( Does anyone have any idea how to easily have a repository per module and a repository for the modpack including them ?

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

Hi Pyrollo
Your modpack is awesome! I like to label all kind of things with it :D
I have a mod/lua related question to it:
In my jumpdrive-mod i'm moving chunks of blocks and entities to another position in the world.
Somehow the signs and everything entity-related seems to convert to unknown entities after each jump.
Do you know a way to move existing signs with entities attached to them?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

BuckarooBanzay wrote:Hi Pyrollo
In my jumpdrive-mod i'm moving chunks of blocks and entities to another position in the world.
Somehow the signs and everything entity-related seems to convert to unknown entities after each jump.
Mmm... that's very interresting.

So, I guess you have to refresh entities. Once moved, if you hit a sign (wich is supposed to do a refresh), is the text displayed correctly again ? If it is, then it is just a matter of calling the right method after move.

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

Label your stuff !

Added small and medium labels. Small labels that can hold up to 3 chars for numbering your stuff.

Also added some wooden signs.

Attachments
display_modpack_labels.png
display_modpack_labels.png (311.28 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

What about some old style writings ?

You can already use OldWizard font as the default font_api font. I'm developing something to be able to choose font per sign.
Attachments
screenshot_20181111_125632.png
screenshot_20181111_125632.png (529.2 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

Pyrollo wrote: You can already use OldWizard font as the default font_api font. I'm developing something to be able to choose font per sign.
I'm glad to hear that, old-style font, future-font and default font would be a nice addition :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

Pyrollo wrote:
BuckarooBanzay wrote:Hi Pyrollo
Mmm... that's very interresting.

So, I guess you have to refresh entities. Once moved, if you hit a sign (wich is supposed to do a refresh), is the text displayed correctly again ? If it is, then it is just a matter of calling the right method after move.
Thanks for the pointers, i finally got it to work with the jumpdrive:

The left-behind entities are discarded, and on the new position all nodes with group display_modpack_node are called with:
display_api.update_entities(pos) (https://github.com/pyrollo/display_modp ... t.lua#L133)
Relevant source-code: https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/jumpd ... /signs.lua

Works good in my few tests i did, i hope i did not miss anything.
Thanks again for this awesome modpack...

riverty
In-game: riverty

by riverty » Post

Just a quick question please. I'm fairly new to this mod. Could someone explain why the "unknown object" in this clock? Am I missing something? Please see the attached picture (screenshot).

Setup:

Minetest Server Version: 0.4.17-1
Minetest Client Version 0.4.16
Display Modpack Version 1.0

I did not install the extra font (Botic Font). Could that be it?

Regards,
Attachments
d76sf8sw.jpg
d76sf8sw.jpg (818.2 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

Hello,

Display API puts an entity in front of every node displaying something. Entity texture is updated according to text / clock needles / what ever has been to be displayed.

This issue looks like Display API did not / was not able to update the entity texture (and so you see the "unknown object"). It looks pretty like this one : https://github.com/pyrollo/display_modpack/issues/19 I've never been able to reproduce it.

You mentionned you use Display Modpack Version 1.0. You can try to upgrade to 1.2 and see if the problem persists (beware, if you use Font API in other mods, it has changed with v1.1).

EDIT: There is no link to font installed or not

riverty

Re: [Modpack] Display Modpack [1.2] [display_modpack]

by riverty » Post

Pyrollo,

I upgraded to version 1.2 but no joy. Same visual. As well, I am not able to create a Wooden Direction Sign or a Poster. Making clocks seem to work fine with the visual exception already noted.I have not tired any road signs or Steles yet.

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

If you disable every mod except Display Modpack (and keep minetest_game), do you still have this issue ?

Does it happen when you place a new sign ?

I'm very interested in finding what causes this issue. This mod works very well in several servers and in my test environment but two of you get this problem, there must be a way to solve this.

riverty

by riverty » Post

Pyrollo,

I checked a few things. Please see the attached jpg.

1.) I tried to remove (destroy) the white clock in question. I was able to destroy (remove) the clock but the "Unknown Object" over the node remains. I even destroyed the node (finished stone) that the "Unknown Object" is attached to but it's still there. Again, the clock is gone.

2.) I then made a gold clock. The recipe worked and the clock looked good when I mounted it across from the original white clock. This went on looking fine but now looks like the white clock, except with gold hands of course.

3.) I also made an LED clock but shows the same as the others.

OK, so same issue no matter the clock. I only mention it for whatever it's worth.

I agree with your proposal in disabling all other mods and checking. I do think it's a combination of installed mods, not necessarily a bug with yours. Apparently, two of us just happen to have the right combination.

I'll try shutting down things and see if I can narrow it down.
Attachments
ts20181123_02.jpg
ts20181123_02.jpg (771.06 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

riverty

by riverty » Post

Pyrollo,

I removed all mods and started with a clean world.mt file. Installed Display Modpack 1.2 only and enabled in world.mt then checked. The "unknown object" still exists. I did not get a chance to create any new clocks and check at that time. Thought I'd let you know.

Regards,

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

The screenshot is very surprising. It shows that sometimes things works as expected, sometimes not.

For further test, it is important to place new nodes (clocks/signs...) because I guess once the problem creates an "unknown item" entity, it wont be removed by any further changes.

Another thing you can try is to issue a /clearobjects command then punch the clock and see what happens.

riverty

by riverty » Post

Pyrollo,

I'm not sure where you got, "It shows that sometimes things works as expected, sometimes not". The problem is quite consistent.

My latest test round:

Removed all mods from /mods directory and write a default (clean - no mods) world.mt file. Fire up the server. I now have a default server with no mods installed.

Added Display Modpack 1.2 into mods directory and modified the world.mt file to enable all entries from Display Modpack 1.2.

Code: Select all

##### display_modpack-master #####
###
load_mod_steles = true
load_mod_signs_road = true
load_mod_signs_api = true
load_mod_font_api = true
load_mod_font_metro = true
load_mod_signs = true
load_mod_boards = true
load_mod_display_api = true
load_mod_ontime_clocks = true
###
##### display_modpack-master #####
I now have a default world setup with only Display Modpack 1.2 mod installed and enabled.

So, now I log in (client) and talk a look around. The previous "gold frameless clock" with the "unknown object" block can be seen on the left in Picture 03. I then craft a new "gold frameless clock" and mount it on the stone wall on the right. Initially, the clock looks great and works fine as you can see in Picture 03.
Picture 03
Picture 03
ts20181124_03.jpg (911.36 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
When I log out, then log back in, that's when the "unknown object" shows up and stays there forever afterwards. See Picture 04.
Picture 04
Picture 04
ts20181124_04.jpg (1005.03 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
So, then I remove the clocks by using a tool and the clock correctly destroys and moves to my inventory as it should, but the "unknown object" nodes remain. See Picture 05.
Picture 05
Picture 05
ts20181124_05.jpg (1005.67 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
And finally, the only way to get rid of the "unknown object" nodes is to run /clearobjects. This will get rid of the remaining "unknown object" nodes.

In case it matters:

Server system:
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev. 1.1 running Raspbian Lite (Debian 9.6)
Minetest Server Version 0.4.17-1 compiled from source
Display Modpack Version 1.2

Clients Tested:
Minetest Client Version 0.4.16 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04.1 LTS
Minetest Client Version 0.4.17 on Windows 10

Other mods enabled:
adv_spawning / craftguide-master / minetest-bookmarks_gui-1.0.0 / mobf / animalmaterials / creature-mob-engine / minetest-inventory_plus-master / animals / display_modpack-master / minetest-mods-mesecons-df4e880 / areas-master / minetest-3d_armor-version-0.4.12 / Minetest_WorldEdit_1.2

Hope this helps...

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

Some more colors !
Attachments
screenshot_20181126_210427.png
screenshot_20181126_210427.png (294.7 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

Pyrollo
Developer

by Pyrollo » Post

@riverty,

Can you perform test described there : https://github.com/pyrollo/display_modp ... -441998967

riverty

by riverty » Post

Pyrollo,

The setup:

I took one of my gold frameless clocks and mounted it on a clean wall. Initially, it looks great. All I had to do was fly away maybe 500 blocks then fly back and the "unknown object" was there. I then deleted (destroyed) the clock off the wall and the clock did destroy and return to my inventory however, the "unknown object" persists. I then stood next to the "unknown object", pointed right at it and issued your dump command (/pyr). This is the result in the server log:

2018-11-27 08:17:08: ACTION[Server]:
***** Entity dump start *****
"ontime_clocks:display" at (-602.56256103516,13,744.00006103516)
{
object = <userdata>,
pos = 2147483647
}
***** Entity dump stop *****

That's it. I'll leave the dump code in init.lua for now if you want something else.

rt...