[Server] Survival X

bosapara

Re: [Server] Survival X

by bosapara » Post

SaKeL wrote:
bosapara wrote:Invert placing with mover works incorrect
The whole machines are working as they are for some reason which nobody knows except rnd who is not around anymore and i dont have time to refactor the while machines code.
Mover place blocks (from chest) low for 1 block. Ive checked it 5 mins ago.

Possibly, you changed something wrong, original mod place blocks correctly.

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE
* fixed bug in marketplace
* now both players have to be in yellow protection block in order to not take any damage, so if one is outside and the other one inside both can take damage

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

I guess its different configuration, not sure what im doing different but the configuration i have works

that is possible but the reverse farming/ seed placement works now, maybe something else got affected not sure
Attachments
Peek 2018-12-02 12-08-small.gif
Peek 2018-12-02 12-08-small.gif (810.29 KiB) Viewed 812 times

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

I have maybe fixed the placement, also i have broken maybe something else :)

samec
In-game: bobo

by samec » Post

SaKeL wrote:
But since SUSLIK stops play on the Survival X server after ADMIN inappropriate banned him
wasn't that the player who flooded the spawns 3 times with massive area around the spawn plus placed 99 stacks of mine carts around the spawn? i think the ban was more then appropriate.

..also i think he was unbanned already after some time
Ok. I knew only about the carts.

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

By the way there is a quick train direct from spawn to Suslik's compound. You go north and then towards the Ice Tower, drop into the water and take the ladders to the first floor. Go the the west end and follow the diamond block hall. There is a Mese room with a train track. Just take that train track. You will emerge in the Northeast.

Alternately bobo has a highly developed subway system that runs between 3 locations: his southern white tower, his northeastern black tower near the arena and one other place I think Snowman Town in the North. Its also accessible by going down the same ladder near the ice tower, but his trains run much deeper....I think at the -31 level. Go west through the wood door. The trains run through a mine shaft there.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

I have seen some of the rail system..it looks really awesome!

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

SaKeL wrote:
I guess its different configuration, not sure what im doing different but the configuration i have works
that is possible but the reverse farming/ seed placement works now, maybe something else got affected not sure

Fresh machine with clear config

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

yup, that was fixed most likely (after restart)

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

SaKeL wrote:yup, that was fixed most likely (after restart)
great, thanx

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Theoretically it works correct though since you are trying to place node to a node which is not buildable_to then it builds to node under as per minetest game default

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

I am unable to make snowmen, now. The pumpkin and the snow blocks merely stack up. My existing snowman mobs still function.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

lightseer wrote:I am unable to make snowmen, now. The pumpkin and the snow blocks merely stack up. My existing snowman mobs still function.
Yup they have been disabled due to lag and performance improvenents since they have been to cheap to make some players had 250 of them apparently playing soccer :)

Nico2002Nico
In-game: xXNicoXx

by Nico2002Nico » Post

SaKeL wrote:
lightseer wrote:I am unable to make snowmen, now. The pumpkin and the snow blocks merely stack up. My existing snowman mobs still function.
Yup they have been disabled due to lag and performance improvenents since they have been to cheap to make some players had 250 of them apparently playing soccer :)
Rly XD

samec

by samec » Post

SaKeL wrote:
Now, when I find that it drops cool thigs???!

RabidRabbit
In-game: RabidRabbit

by RabidRabbit » Post

Stix wrote:
RabidRabbit wrote:Well this sucks big time because both odiseu and xXNicoXx have been nice to me. xXNicoXx is a SUPER nice guy that cares more about others than he does himself. Even when I first met him I was impressed because if someone was that nice than I knew that people would always take advantage of their kindness. I didn't think it would get this bad though. This is like world war 3! And for heaven sakes why are all the spanish people combining against xXNicoXx?? He's only 15. :( Imagine having all that responsibility placed on your shoulders when you were 15, like ouch. PS why would he need your cactus when he is SUPER rich already. Besides, cactus isn't that valuable.
And odiseu helped my once when his bff Andy2001 killed me in the balrog arena and even though andy was mad odiseu gave me back my stuff.
"Only 15", Lol how old are you? I for one am 15 and don't like it when people consider that age to be young, but maybe Nico feels differently :P.
Stixs it was not an offence, it's just that when you're 15 you are busy with school ect. so it can be hard to juggle minetest privs and responsiblities with real life. P.S. I am 5 years older than you ;)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Im am 5 years old..turning 6.. :P

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

SaKeL wrote:
working on killing Balrog, he'll suddenly disappear, especially if he walks into a lag void. Even if I walk all over the arena and eliminate all of the lag voids, he's completely gone and doesn't reappear until his next spawn cycle.
This is a long standing issue which i wasnt able to figure out yet.
Gotcha. It may be that if you don't specify a "lifetimer" property on the structure that you pass to register_mob(), it defaults to 600 (10 minutes) and then just causes the mob to disappear then. Could that be the cause? If so, maybe you could give it a huge lifetimer value or override the default behaviour for when it dies of old age.

samec

by samec » Post

Deep Dark and Dirty underground, but not so much

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Sheriff wrote:
SaKeL wrote:
working on killing Balrog, he'll suddenly disappear, especially if he walks into a lag void. Even if I walk all over the arena and eliminate all of the lag voids, he's completely gone and doesn't reappear until his next spawn cycle.
This is a long standing issue which i wasnt able to figure out yet.
Gotcha. It may be that if you don't specify a "lifetimer" property on the structure that you pass to register_mob(), it defaults to 600 (10 minutes) and then just causes the mob to disappear then. Could that be the cause? If so, maybe you could give it a huge lifetimer value or override the default behaviour for when it dies of old age.
Sounds reasonable but i think some reports say that he disappeared shortly after spawning... still its worth of checking out the lifetime...thanks

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

samec wrote:Deep Dark and Dirty underground, but not so much
Thats one of the nicest mine tunnel i have seen :)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

samec wrote:
SaKeL wrote:
Now, when I find that it drops cool thigs???!
You can ask around other players some of then have stashed them tamed in chests

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE
* added, revived and updated beautiful old Splizard's/LazyJ's Christmas tree
* look for the sapling recipe in the crafting guide

have fun!
Attachments
christmas_trees_screenshot.png
christmas_trees_screenshot.png (398.79 KiB) Viewed 812 times

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

bfg already told about this bug, btw lets explain again

Mover works incorrect when player offline for seed placing

When owner of mover is offline, mover plant seeds (reverse mod 1) a few weird. Its not 1 block above and seeds can grow. But any player can drop that seeds even not be added to protect.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

bosapara wrote:bfg already told about this bug, btw lets explain again

Mover works incorrect when player offline for seed placing

When owner of mover is offline, mover plant seeds (reverse mod 1) a few weird. Its not 1 block above and seeds can grow. But any player can drop that seeds even not be added to protect.

This is a known issue, also many other ones are know by this mod. I am slowly revising the whole basic_machines code and will do some improvements in the future, but it will be slow due to the large amount of code. If you want to help with improving this mod on Survival X you can create pull request on my repository.