With the official release of Minetest 5.0, Tunnelmaker 2.0 is being released, with many new and improved features.
However, note that this version of tunnelmaker only supports Minetest 5.0+. For old versions of Minetest, use the 'legacy' branch on github, or the following zip file: https://github.com/kestral246/tunnelmak ... legacy.zip
- Create tunnels, paths, and bridges in all sixteen possible advtrains track directions with one click.
- Also digs up or down in the eight possible advtrains slope track directions.
- Improved support for advtrains mod with gravel embankment, arched and optionally lined tunnels, and two widths of bridges.
- New support for bike mod with two widths of cobblestone pathways and bridges, along with unlined tunnels.
- New support for general excavation with unlined and lined tunnels.
- New User Options menu to change modes and other options.
- Reference nodes added to help digging and laying advtrains track—now easily removed when done.
- Glass enclosure added when in water to create water tunnels.
- Requires "tunneling" privilege, and checks protections before digging.
- No longer has a crafting recipe, so needs to be given to player.
- Works in both creative and survival modes, but tunneling does not place any nodes into user's inventory.
- Minetest.conf support for several global options. See settingtypes.txt for details.
- New support for client-side translation files. Currently only have Russian and my attempt at a French translation. Other languages will be gratefully accepted. Reference template file is available in locale directory.
Controls (Reverted back to classic controls.)
- Left-click: Super dig one node. One click digs any node (non-repeating) and places it in player's inventory. However, it can't be used to pick up dropped items.
- Shift-left-click: Bring up new User Options menu (see below).
- Right-click: Dig tunnel in direction player pointed. Note that this won't place any of the dug nodes in player's inventory.
- Shift-right-click: Cycle through vertical digging modes, up, down, and horizontal.
User Options menu
- Digging mode Select one of the three digging modes: General purpose, Advanced trains, or Bike paths.
- Wide paths / lined tunnels Select between narrow and wide paths, and whether tunnels are lined with stone or not.
- Continuous up/down digging Don't reset up/down after each dig.
- Clear tree cover Remove all plant material above dig up to 30 nodes above ground. CPU intensive, so shuts off after two minutes.
- Remove reference nodes Easily remove reference nodes by walking over them. Also shuts off after two minutes.
- Lock desert mode to: either "Desert" or "Non-desert" Option only available when "add_desert_material = true" has been added to minetest.conf. Overrides use of desert materials in desert biomes. Useful for transition regions.
Code and documentation: https://github.com/kestral246/tunnelmaker
Download: https://github.com/kestral246/tunnelmak ... master.zip
I would also like to thank Mikola, who provided many of the ideas (along with code) that helped to make this release possible.