[Server] Capture the Flag Server

OrangeSoda
In-game: SG

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by OrangeSoda » Post

Stix wrote:Users abusing discord for spam, i cant even see my teammates chat without full chat console their producing msg's so fast!
None of that is spam, in fact, none of that breaks any rules. And while you're at it, report yourself for:

Refusing to co-operate with your team.
Using alts to evade bans.
Still complaining about "kill stealing" when it was clarified to you 6 months ago that there is no such thing as kill stealing, it's called "teamwork".
Swordwasting.
Bad sportsmanship.
Hypocrisy.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

OrangeSoda wrote:
Stix wrote:Users abusing discord for spam, i cant even see my teammates chat without full chat console their producing msg's so fast!
None of that is spam, in fact, none of that breaks any rules. And while you're at it, report yourself for:

Still complaining about "kill stealing" when it was clarified to you 6 months ago that there is no such thing as kill stealing, it's called "teamwork".
Swordwasting.
Bad sportsmanship.
Hypocrisy.
i dont watse swords.
i dont use alts to avoid bans.
kill stealing IS a thing.
im not being a hyprocrite.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

OrangeSoda

by OrangeSoda » Post

Stix wrote:snip
1. Disputable.
2. Your "a" account from a few months back, you used it to evade two of your bans.
3. No, it's called "teamwork", fella. You constantly complain that a team member has "stolen your kill" when 99% of the time they just helped you kill an enemy.
4. Except when you do things such as use apples actively in a round, then complain when someone else kills you while using apples.

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

Stix wrote:Users abusing discord for spam, i cant even see my teammates chat without full chat console their producing msg's so fast!:
This has been fixed by Thomas-S, it shouldn't be possible anymore to highlight all Discord on the game chat.
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

DELTA_FORCE
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

Stix wrote:
OrangeSoda wrote:

Swordwasting.
Bad sportsmanship.
Hypocrisy.
i dont watse swords.
i dont use alts to avoid bans.
kill stealing IS a thing.
im not being a hyprocrite.
Same with Stix on this issue.I also have an idea for CTF. Should hoarding be against the rules?

I am super excited for vote_kick to come into play! When is the approximate date it will be put into CTF?
check me out nowhere because i never do anything

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Stix wrote:Users abusing discord for spam, i cant even see my teammates chat without full chat console their producing msg's so fast!: [img]htt/HRT9qLb.png[/img]
Not long before that you were basically repeatedly calling everyone noobs. We didn't miss any of that when the Discord flood started. At the time there was no teamwork going on anyway
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Stix

by Stix » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Stix wrote:Users abusing discord for spam, i cant even see my teammates chat without full chat console their producing msg's so fast!: [img]htt/HRT9qLb.png[/img]
Not long before that you were basically repeatedly calling everyone noobs. We didn't miss any of that when the Discord flood started. At the time there was no teamwork going on anyway
I did not at all, not sure where your getting that from, except maybe the sentence "I think the newbies like the iceage map because of the free gear :P".

Stix

by Stix » Post

Was player "ooo" (aka sam12 according to one of his friends) banned? When i went online to record him (so he'd be banned faster) i couldn't find him, and when i asked around noone else had seen him.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Stix wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
I did not at all, not sure where your getting that from, except maybe the sentence "I think the newbies like the iceage map because of the free gear :P".
Basically everyone online liked the map. There were also quite a few tunnelers online.
And I'd like to say again: You've tunneled above the enemy base before, you've also used tunneler's tunnels too :P
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

OrangeSoda

by OrangeSoda » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:[...] And I'd like to say again: You've tunneled above the enemy base before, you've also used tunneler's tunnels too :P
That's what I meant when I called him a hypocrite. He always complains about stuff like apple usage, tunneling, 'kill stealing', etc. when he himself has done (and still does) all of those things.

Stix

by Stix » Post

OrangeSoda wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:[...] And I'd like to say again: You've tunneled above the enemy base before, you've also used tunneler's tunnels too :P
That's what I meant when I called him a hypocrite. He always complains about stuff like apple usage, tunneling, 'kill stealing', etc. when he himself has done (and still does) all of those things.
1. As i've said many times: "i dislike apples but i will still use them because otherwise i wont be able to win because ik the enemy will use them against me.
2. I don't tunnel, to explain let me give you the well-known definition of tunneling: To create and/or use a tunnel that goes straight from flag a to flag b in order to capture the flag; note that using/making these tunnels for other reasons (such as flanking the enemy) is NOT tunneling.
3. I almost never steal kills and when i do its not on purpose; however, its not kill-stealing if it was to save your teammate from an opponent who was about to kill them, while it IS kill-stealing to finish off a player they clearly had handled.
4. Bridging is a different tactic then tunneling and is far from OP and easy to stop.
Last edited by Stix on Sun Dec 16, 2018 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Tunneling, eating apples, dying by grenades... these are things that people often lay the blame on when they die or lose a match, as an excuse to their poor fighting.

And I know some of you may deny that, but my experience shows otherwise. Every time the match ends because of a tunneler, I hear something like ''Ugh a tunneler''.
I also often hear ''Ugh, you had apples unfair'' Or ''Apples, Really?" like apples are some sort of wicked object that shouldn't be touched.
The same goes with grenade deaths. And lag deaths. And getting lagged to death is just about the only legitimate excuse someone can have for dying, but blaming your death on lag every time you die does get tiresome. (I freely admit that I have done this many times before)
It really seems to be a way to express one's frustration in the heat of the moment in the event that they die. In an effort to justify their frustration to others, they scheme to make what they were frustrated at out to be a punishable offense.

And even if they did succeed to make tunneling illegal, for example, that won't solve their frustration problems. Someone will find something new to complain about. And I know this to be the case because I've been one of those people once who complained every time they died and blamed it on the most convenient thing they could. Blaming your poor fighting on apples, tunneling, grenades etc is just a way to express someone's frustration, in fact it is the same principle as accusing someone of hacking right after they killed you. 90% of the time you do it because you are frustrated, not because you actually saw them hacking.

.....Anyway.

Tunneling, eating apples, and getting killed by grenades are all tactics that are 100% fair in most cases and there are great ways to counter every one of them. If your team lost because of a tunnel, your team was not strategizing very well. Besides, more then 50% of tunneling attempts fail.
To counter someone who has apples, actually bother to go pick some apples yourself so that you can stand a good chance against them.
To avoid grenades, always consider that your enemy has one. Don't run right up to them; I can't tell you how many times I've done this and died because they had a grenade.

I really think you guys should stop complaining about stuff like this, because it is a tangent that will not solve the core of the problem. The real issue is your attitude.

P.S Kill-stealing is not a thing. Teamwork is.

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

Stix, you cannot tell if someone is going to win a fight or not until the fight is completely over. I once had a fight with an enemy wherein I got them down to 2 HP before they even hit me once and then I suddenly started missing and they killed me. Advice: help your teammates even if it looks like they have the upper hand in the fight.

OrangeSoda

by OrangeSoda » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:snip
Agreed on almost all of these, except:
If your team lost because of a tunnel, your team was not strategizing very well.
It's very unfair to say the other team wasn't properly strategizing while using the tunnel-win as proof of that. Let's be real here, while tunneling is a valid tactic, a large chunk of the time it's used as a deus ex machina in rounds that last long and both teams are good. If your flag gets grabbed by a tunneler, and most of the other team's players are close to their base, you killing the flag grabber becomes virtually impossible.

Even if you manage to kill all of their teammates at the base, they'll respawn and keep hitting you, and if you manage to kill them again this time, the next time they respawn they will most definitely manage to kill you and the rest of your team, slowly. And since basically no one will be left waiting to kill the flag carrier, he/she will arrive at the team's base peacefully and capture the flag. Unless of course one person managed to hide close to their base. In that case, he/she will probably get killed quickly after jumping out of the hiding spot, considering that all of the other team's pros will be at the base.

This is one of the reasons I support more features that encourage teamwork and make it easier, if you guys manage to hide in the same spot until the flag carrier arrives the chances of you all killing him/her become much much higher.

So basically, a team has the advantage of being close to their base, thus pretty much fully killing off the other team (albeit pretty slowly) who are waiting for the flag grabber to arrive so they can kill him/her. Since there's a lot of panic during the "person has grabbed your team's flag" moments, the team's going to be very panicky and disorganized, which as stated before, will result in their deaths. This can be easily fixed by adding more features that make teamwork easier, however the best proposed idea is impossible to do in Minetest as of now.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

A good way to stop a tunneler is to take the tunneler's flag before they can get back to their base and run. Usually this will give your team enough time to kill the tunneler. This usually works because the enemy team almost always runs to defend the flag carrier, so there are not too many fighters staying at the base.

Another good way to counter against tunnel-attacks is to dig your own secret tunnel to the enemy's base. When someone snitches your flag, you can run down that tunnel and usually steal your enemy's flag before the person who stole yours gets back to their base.

It is tricky to do, but these are just a couple of ways to prevent a tunnel attack from succeeding. :)

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

DELTA_FORCE wrote:I am super excited for vote_kick to come into play! When is the approximate date it will be put into CTF?
It's already in. You need the vote_kick priv to start a kick-vote.
Stix wrote:Was player "ooo" (aka sam12 according to one of his friends) banned? When i went online to record him (so he'd be banned faster) i couldn't find him, and when i asked around noone else had seen him.
I don't think so. We need more time for gathering strong evidence. Your (lack of) patience is appreciated.
MinetestSam wrote:Well, he (geesh) was banned by ANAND And yes there was no conclusive evidence to ban him. There was a lot of evidence of him healing quickly and getting all the diamonds in Caverns but no conclusive evidence was there.
There was conclusive evidence against geesh. Healing at an insane rate and dropping 96 diamonds into the team-chest is generally considered pretty sound evidence. But that's not all - there was much more evidence, collecting up behind the scenes, both by players and staff. I banned geesh only after weeks of discussion with the other staff members, truck-loads of incriminating evidence, and verification in-person.

TNK was a similar chapter. Waterbug's publicly-posted screenshot was just the tip of the iceberg. We possess(ed) so much more evidence that we'd have banned him within the next couple of days, if not for Waterbug's decision.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

We need vote ban ! Public blaming & judgement ! Say hi to dystopia ! Muahaha !
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

ANAND wrote:
DELTA_FORCE wrote:I am super excited for vote_kick to come into play! When is the approximate date it will be put into CTF?
It's already in. You need the vote_kick priv to start a kick-vote.
Stix wrote:Was player "ooo" (aka sam12 according to one of his friends) banned? When i went online to record him (so he'd be banned faster) i couldn't find him, and when i asked around noone else had seen him.
I don't think so. We need more time for gathering strong evidence. Your (lack of) patience is appreciated.
MinetestSam wrote:Well, he (geesh) was banned by ANAND And yes there was no conclusive evidence to ban him. There was a lot of evidence of him healing quickly and getting all the diamonds in Caverns but no conclusive evidence was there.
There was conclusive evidence against geesh. Healing at an insane rate and dropping 96 diamonds into the team-chest is generally considered pretty sound evidence. But that's not all - there was much more evidence, collecting up behind the scenes, both by players and staff. I banned geesh only after weeks of discussion with the other staff members, truck-loads of incriminating evidence, and verification in-person.

TNK was a similar chapter. Waterbug's publicly-posted screenshot was just the tip of the iceberg. We possess(ed) so much more evidence that we'd have banned him within the next couple of days, if not for Waterbug's decision.
May I plz have vote kick? :D

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

DELTA_FORCE wrote:May I plz have vote kick? :D
After witnessing your recent fiascoes, I'd really prefer to not grant you vote_kick. I hope the other staff members agree with me on this point too.
My Mods

Stix

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
After witnessing your recent fiascoes, I'd really prefer to not grant you vote_kick. I hope the other staff members agree with me on this point too.
Why was it implemented anyway? I can't think of one person who isn't a part of staff worthy enough to use it...

*EDIT: Maybe MinetestSam but he hardly plays anyway.

*EDIT2: Hmm actually id nominate Nyx, goddess of..... something? (i forget ask them yourself :P)

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

ANAND wrote:
If I may throw my 2 pennies of evidence in the pot, I am aware of the suspicious nature of the user sam12. I don't play here often enough to run into him, but on my own server I encountered him after someone reported him for fly/noclip which I may have mistaken for my server's "unique" movement methods (so I didn't do anything about it). A close friend mentioned he noticed sam12 exhibiting suspicious behaviour on a different (factions maybe?) server. Whether or not "ooo" is sam12, I have no idea. I would suggest, however, that you keep two eyes and a debug.txt on sam12 :)
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

If ooo (Possibly sam12) has been caught hacking or exploiting (which is also against the rules) on another server, then keep a VERY close eye on him. I can also look out for ooo/sam12 on my servers (Mystic Realms/MultiCreative Central) and report if they do anything suspicious. Until we have evidence of ooo hacking, there is really nothing we can do. Now here is the real question : How would we catch a hacker?

DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

ANAND wrote:
Sorry for all the trouble. When I get my CTF Discord back I will talk to ruben about disabling mentioning on that channel.
Personally, I would nominate Girl_PvP. GPvP hasn't done anything wrong (that I know) and seems like a good candidate
Maybe I will ask soon. I just want to say I am sorry for mentioning everybody, it was NOT an accident and I deserve the punishment.
If you have any evidence that can prove that ooo is cheating, please email me at delta-force@linuxmail.org.

DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

Also a suggestion : Should we rename CTF to "Capture the Flag Server - Multiple Maps!"? I think we know that it has guns already.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Did you really have to triple-post?
When I get my CTF Discord back I will talk to ruben about disabling mentioning on that channel.
Already done. Also, members without at least one role can't chat in #server, as too many people chatting offline creates quite a bit of spam in-game as Stix pointed out.
DELTA_FORCE wrote:Should we rename CTF to "Capture the Flag Server - Multiple Maps!"?
That is the name of the server, at the moment. Or am I misunderstanding you?
DELTA_FORCE wrote:Personally, I would nominate Girl_PvP. GPvP hasn't done anything wrong (that I know) and seems like a good candidate
We'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion.
My Mods