[Server] Pandorabox

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Mon Dec 03, 2018 13:59

Pyrollo wrote:Had a strange jumpdrive bug. Lost half my spaceship.

Wreck can be found at -1400 10410 -8330


Restored around original position:
you may have to travel there manually because the travelnet will be not in the original position (https://github.com/pandorabox-io/pandor ... /issues/69)

I'm still figuring out why this happened, you jumped 30 nodes on the z+ axis and your diamter was 25 (radius=12) it should have been safe :O

Edit: nice ship btw :)
 

User avatar
Pyrollo
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 15:14
Location: Paris
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by Pyrollo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 14:08

Thanks a lot ! This was a bit work to build the ship and did not took any picture of it yet.

I may ask you ingame to teleport me there, because the trip may be way too looooooooong.

I was making tens of 30 nodes jumps (maybe 40 or 50 jumps, maybe more). Everything was fine except this time.

I'm wondering if it can be a problem with mapgen wiping out a part of the ship or something like that.

When the last jump occured, I found my self in vacuum in the middle of the missing part, getting damage from broken reactor :)
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Fri Dec 14, 2018 08:04

Update 2018-12-14
  • Rewrote the mail-mod and added a webmail function for ingame mail sending and receiving: https://pandorabox.io/webmail
  • Updated display_modpack and digiterms (thx Naj/Pyrollo)
  • Some players abused the technic quarries quite a lot (One built a ship with 96 Quarries) and generated heavy lag, there is now a quota in place that only allows 5 digged blocks per second per player with the quarries regardless of how much there are active
  • Switched the luacontroller to node-based timers (only the ones near a player run now, no more mining bitcoins:)

Please try out the new webmail feature, i'm collecting bugs and plan to release that mod soon:
Image
https://pandorabox.io/webmail
 

IcemanDs
New member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 08:44
In-game: IcemanDs

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by IcemanDs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 18:19

BuckarooBanzay wrote:Update 2018-12-14
  • Rewrote the mail-mod and added a webmail function for ingame mail sending and receiving: https://pandorabox.io/webmail
  • Updated display_modpack and digiterms (thx Naj/Pyrollo)
  • Some players abused the technic quarries quite a lot (One built a ship with 96 Quarries) and generated heavy lag, there is now a quota in place that only allows 5 digged blocks per second per player with the quarries regardless of how much there are active
  • Switched the luacontroller to node-based timers (only the ones near a player run now, no more mining bitcoins:)

Please try out the new webmail feature, i'm collecting bugs and plan to release that mod soon:
Image
https://pandorabox.io/webmail


Yeah, player IcemanDs. Nothing new. Was still a prove on concept. Not abuse and thanks for testing be nice... Lol
 

User avatar
gpcf
Member
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 10:48
In-game: gabriel

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by gpcf » Tue Dec 18, 2018 23:26

Hi, are the monitoring scrips used on the server available somewhere?

I got a feeling that these might be quite useful for my server.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed Dec 19, 2018 08:29

gpcf wrote:Hi, are the monitoring scrips used on the server available somewhere?

I got a feeling that these might be quite useful for my server.


Hi Gabriel

I can give you the links to the relevant repos:

I think i'll need to do a writeup as there are a few parts that play together, not just one mod :/
Until i'm making the writeup i can give you a crash course though:

The monitoring system has the following parts:

Relevant (free) software:

The system is sadly not straight-forward click-and-run, i use docker and docker-compose to orchestrate my server and the other applications running on pandorabox.io.
The docker-compose config for my server: https://github.com/pandorabox-io/pandor ... ompose.yml
You don't have to use docker though (but it makes your life easyer, plus: moving/redeploying the whole server is just a folder-move...)

As i said, i'll need to make a write-up of the whole system, maybe even a minetest-setup with docker.
Last edited by BuckarooBanzay on Thu Dec 20, 2018 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by texmex » Sun Dec 23, 2018 13:25

21/40 players but server says "Too many player are online right now."
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Sun Dec 23, 2018 16:03

texmex wrote:21/40 players but server says "Too many player are online right now."


Yes, that sounds about right. Due to the popularity and to avoid excessive lag i had to set a soft-limit for new players and guests.
See: https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/guest ... it.lua#L23

The current limits:
  • Less than 5 players New players and guests allowed
  • 5 to 14 players New players allowed, guests blocked (Regex: [a-z]%d%d%d$ for the name)
  • 15 to 25 players Only existing players allowed
  • Above 25 players Only players with the softlimit_bypass priv allowed (usually moderators, admin)

Sorry for the artificial limit, but it had to be done. A couple months ago the server was filled to the roof with guests and no regulars had the chance to join anymore...
 

User avatar
Pyrollo
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 15:14
Location: Paris
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by Pyrollo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 23:01

Hi,

There may have been two crashes on the server because digiterms.
Actually I'm not sure. I lost connection twice, a few minutes before midnight, while playing with digiterms.

If it happens that there was a server crash related to digiterms, can you post the logs on digiterm topic or on git hub ?

Thanks in advance !
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:54

Pyrollo wrote:Hi,

There may have been two crashes on the server because digiterms.
Actually I'm not sure. I lost connection twice, a few minutes before midnight, while playing with digiterms.

If it happens that there was a server crash related to digiterms, can you post the logs on digiterm topic or on git hub ?

Thanks in advance !


I checked the logs but the only things i found were unrelated to digiterms:

Don't worry i'll let you know if it crashes because of your mod :)
 

User avatar
Pyrollo
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 15:14
Location: Paris
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by Pyrollo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 13:02

A third crash happened later so I was reassured :)
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:07

I'm announcing a christmas event brought to you by the player DarkRoy

There will be presents for anyone visiting around 10pm to 12pm GMT tonight :)

Image
screenshot_20181225_105618.png
(417.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet


You can go to his christmas tree with the temporary teleporter at /spawn
Map-coordinates: https://pandorabox.io/map/#-1379.4375/452.5/12

Image
screenshot_20181225_105655.png
(993.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet


Enjoy..
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed Dec 26, 2018 15:15

Thank you DarkRoy and Adventurer for the christmas event.
There were presents, hidden treasures and riddles :)
(And even someone who just wanted to come in and grief the event, but he/she was quickly dealt with...)

Image

Image
 

DarkRoy
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 14:51
In-game: DarkRoy

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by DarkRoy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 15:02

Never try to grief my Events! Muhahahaha. Happy new year event will be similiar, but with alot of new kind of quiz. Will wait for you at the top of the New year.
 

DarkRoy
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 14:51
In-game: DarkRoy

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by DarkRoy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 21:28

Edit
Event New Year won't be done. Sorry for that. Had some issues.
 

User avatar
JiCeyCraft
Member
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 16:34
Location: Center of France, Loiret, Gien
In-game: JiCeyPlay

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by JiCeyCraft » Mon Jan 14, 2019 09:09

Do you have, by any chance, a "Tutorial Manual" on :

'How to builld a StarShip' and which materials you need for that?
The Tutorial Teleports do not give real infos about that. :/
Also : I have heard of the possibility to EXTEND your StarShip so that it could be more of the '21Cubes Diameter' mensurations...
Any hint or answer, please?
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship.
Do you aggree with this?
 

User avatar
Pyrollo
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 15:14
Location: Paris
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by Pyrollo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 09:22

Straight forward: You just need to have a powered "jumpdrive" and put nodes within its radius.

Power supply
Now, it's better to bring power supply with your ship so you can put any power source in it (solar panels, nuclear reactor(s)...).

Air
You can make your ship airtight so you can breath inside.

Protect
I'm not sure of that, maybe Buckaroo Banzai could confirm, but you may need to protect your ship with protectors to avoid you ship from being dug by someone else.

And so on...
Then you can put whatever you want in your ship : quaries; furnaces; a whole factory...

So there is no typical material to build a ship, except the jumpdrive, but according to your needs, you can have a very complex ship.
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]
 

User avatar
JiCeyCraft
Member
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 16:34
Location: Center of France, Loiret, Gien
In-game: JiCeyPlay

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by JiCeyCraft » Mon Jan 14, 2019 18:01

Pyrollo wrote:Straight forward: You just need to have a powered "jumpdrive" and put nodes within its radius.

Power supply
Now, it's better to bring power supply with your ship so you can put any power source in it (solar panels, nuclear reactor(s)...).

Air
You can make your ship airtight so you can breath inside.

Protect
I'm not sure of that, maybe Buckaroo Banzai could confirm, but you may need to protect your ship with protectors to avoid you ship from being dug by someone else.

And so on...
Then you can put whatever you want in your ship : quaries; furnaces; a whole factory...

So there is no typical material to build a ship, except the jumpdrive, but according to your needs, you can have a very complex ship.


*takes notes avidely* ]:) muahahah! *ahem-COUGH!*
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship.
Do you aggree with this?
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Mon Jan 14, 2019 21:08

JiCeyCraft wrote:
Pyrollo wrote:Straight forward: You just need to have a powered "jumpdrive" and put nodes within its radius.

Power supply
Now, it's better to bring power supply with your ship so you can put any power source in it (solar panels, nuclear reactor(s)...).

Air
You can make your ship airtight so you can breath inside.

Protect
I'm not sure of that, maybe Buckaroo Banzai could confirm, but you may need to protect your ship with protectors to avoid you ship from being dug by someone else.

And so on...
Then you can put whatever you want in your ship : quaries; furnaces; a whole factory...

So there is no typical material to build a ship, except the jumpdrive, but according to your needs, you can have a very complex ship.


*takes notes avidely* ]:) muahahah! *ahem-COUGH!*


If you need some reference-builds you can go to "Technic city" and use the "Spaceships" travelnet in my building.
There are a few ships with and without quarry and even some little scouts.
In the "WIP" travelnet is for example the "Fleet wip". This shows some clues how to use multiple jumpdrives in conjunction.

I can show you around next time i'm online..
 

Sheriff
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 21:25

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by Sheriff » Tue Feb 12, 2019 00:20

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I wanted to report that the user, "xXxSHiGGERNooTeRxXx", a couple weeks ago, advertised links in the in-game chat that appeared to be illegal, child-porn sites. The admin. might want to look at his chat history, including that of any other accounts he used (from the same IP address). He was also very vulgar and threatened retribution against anyone who disagreed with what he was doing.

Also, either he was using multiple accounts, or he had friends helping him to lure innocent victims into an area where he could kill them, bury their bones, and guard the bones long enough to steal their stuff.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Tue Feb 12, 2019 18:41

Sheriff wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I wanted to report that the user, "xXxSHiGGERNooTeRxXx", a couple weeks ago, advertised links in the in-game chat that appeared to be illegal, child-porn sites. The admin. might want to look at his chat history, including that of any other accounts he used (from the same IP address). He was also very vulgar and threatened retribution against anyone who disagreed with what he was doing.

Also, either he was using multiple accounts, or he had friends helping him to lure innocent victims into an area where he could kill them, bury their bones, and guard the bones long enough to steal their stuff.


Thanks for the report, i have dealt with those players after it happened. They were reported a few hours later...
They had a very disturbing discussion :/
I have since called for more moderators and we stocked up since then :)

PS: if no moderator is online, a last resort is always to /mail the admin
I can access the mails via website and login if there is an emergency...
 

D3STINY
New member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 20:23
In-game: D3STINY

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by D3STINY » Sat Feb 23, 2019 20:27

the server ban me while i was just building a 1x1 tower block of cobble. can someone plz help me?
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Sun Feb 24, 2019 16:01

D3STINY wrote:the server ban me while i was just building a 1x1 tower block of cobble. can someone plz help me?


The comment in the xban db says: noclip hack ...
Another reason is maybe the death trap you built near a populated area :) but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

D3STINY
New member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 20:23
In-game: D3STINY

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by D3STINY » Sun Feb 24, 2019 17:17

BuckarooBanzay wrote:
D3STINY wrote:the server ban me while i was just building a 1x1 tower block of cobble. can someone plz help me?


The comment in the xban db says: noclip hack ...
Another reason is maybe the death trap you built near a populated area :) but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


for that, i have a brother, and he knew my password. he entered the game with my account and he build that... so if you can unban me, plz remember that i didn't do this trap
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests