Keyring mod?

mase
In-game: mase

Keyring mod?

by mase » Post

Hi!
As a key can only open one locked item, it would be useful to have a keyring, where you could
add all the keys you have, instead of carrying a lot of keys. When trying to open a lock, you could
wield the keyring, and it would be checked, if the correct key is present.
What do you think? Can anybody implement such a mod?

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: Keyring mod?

by sorcerykid » Post

Yes, I was planning to add this type of functionality within a forthcoming version of my Extra Doors mod.

Some of my other goals are to make it possible to toggle security doors and locked chests between locked and unlocked state (rather than just opening and closing them, as it currently works), to add and remove locksets entirely (so that steel doors and locked chests can be unsecured, wood doors and glass doors and unlocked chests can be secured, etc.), to install duplicate locksets across multiple security doors and locked chests (so they can share a single key), and to install pneumatic door closers (so that security doors can shut and lock automatically after a given delay). Most of these features will invariably require some API changes and could affect compatibility with mods that depend on doors, so we'll see how that goes :)

Updating the Extra Doors mod is already high on my priority list, so hopefully I'll try to start work on at least a few of these features (including the key ring for sure) in the next month.
Last edited by sorcerykid on Mon Dec 24, 2018 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

mase
In-game: mase

by mase » Post

How about locked chests?

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Yes the goal is to include locked chests. I fixed my reply above.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The keys and keyring from my locks mod are able to unlock any chest, door or other locked item you have access to.
A list of my mods can be found here.