Pixel perfect textures

Acid147
GitHub: Acid147

Pixel perfect textures

by Acid147 » Post

GUI textures like the hearts are distorted, I think it's a problem with texture scaling.
Screenshot from 2019-01-11 11-24-49.png
Screenshot from 2019-01-11 11-24-49.png (7.82 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Is it possible to set the scaling to 2x, so that every pixel in the texture has the same size?

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Pixel perfect textures

by Krock » Post

Welcome to the Minetest forums!

Did you check out the Advanced Setting dialogue yet? There's also a documentation of the possible settings here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... nf.example
In this case you're probably looking for the setting hud_scaling = 2 , although more than just the hearts might be way too big. The scaling algorithm is far from perfect and has been an issue a few times already.
Installing a 32px or 64px texture pack might give it a better appearance.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Acid147
GitHub: Acid147

Re: Pixel perfect textures

by Acid147 » Post

Setting hud_scaling to 1.35 seems to give me correct results on my custom game. Changing the value from the options menu doesn't seem to affect the MineTest game.

Although this should work for now, it doesn't really feel like a clean solution. A value of 1 shouldn't rescale the textures at all, right?

On Windows, manually setting the DPI fixed this issue, but this isn't possible when using X11.