Warning: This will destroy some nodes, don't use near anything important until you get the hang of what it does.
Jan 17, 2019 version 02 changes:
- found a way to reduce horizontal spread of initial splash even further
- added ledge_height parameter in waterfalls.conf. default 3 details
March 05, 2019 Confirmed working with 5.0.0 and upped version to 1.0, no real changes.
- place a regular water source on a hill side, try to find a logical spot - concave slopes around 45 degrees seem to work the best, usually found at an intersection of two hills.
If placed on a convex slope, it will destroy a large area, placed on top of a hill it will probably destroy the whole of it.
- best put the source on top of a stone node, don't place it on "crumbly" nodes (dirt, sand etc.) or it will get removed in the process.
- don't place on desert hills with sandstone core. (sandstone node groups are more like dirt/sand than stone), unless you want it to be leveled out.
- affects regular water only, river water works as usual in order not to mess up the valleys mapgen.
- after everything's done, the mod can be disabled, waterfalls will stay.
Installation: Extract zip contents into [minetest]/mods directory, then select world -> configure to enable 'waterfalls'