[16px] Isabella II - Minetest Community Edition

zayuim
GitHub: zayuim

[16px] Isabella II - Minetest Community Edition

by zayuim » Post

A very bleak, yet detailed 16px texture pack ported from Minecraft to Minetest. Original textures are by Bonemouse, although this version is based off SuikaCraft's continuation for MC 1.12.

Minetest related improvements are welcome please look at the GitHub page for more.

To download, browse to the GitHub page, Click the green "Clone or download" button, Click "Download ZIP", Extract the zip into a new folder located in /.minetest/textures/.

DOWNLOAD/CONTRIBUTE:
https://github.com/zayuim/Isabella-II

LICENSE
CC-BY 3.0
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Last edited by zayuim on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15, edited 2 times in total.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

Re: Bonemouse - Isabella II (converted with mcresconvert)

by texmex » Post

Love it. Saw it first on the Inside the Box server. How complete is it currently?

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

nice project.
I actually like the generall atmosphere of the textures, although it is somewhat dreary or at least the way I use stone blocks for my buildings appears such.

I would suggest to have all the licence and info files within the texture folder as it gets installed in minetest so that it doesn't get lost and can easily be refered from within an at some point in the future then old minetest installation.
(I do have some old texture packs installed of which I have no further information except for the folder name.)

Below is a picture of the different stone types within Minetest Game.
from left to right:
desert stone
sand stone
stone
desert sand stone
silver sand stone

and from top to bottom:
stone brick
stone block
stone

I would suggest to swap default_desert_stone_brick.png with default_desert_stone_block.png and likewise default_sandstone_brick.png with default_sandstone_block.png

The default_sandstone texture itself might be improved by a little more contrast as the texture merges to a very uniform grey from allready a short distance away.
Attachments
screenshot_20181204_123944.png
screenshot_20181204_123944.png (187.83 KiB) Viewed 1676 times

zayuim

by zayuim » Post

texmex wrote:Love it. Saw it first on the Inside the Box server. How complete is it currently?
Minecraft textures that have a Minetest equivalent are complete.

I am slowly working on fixing the conversion, bringing in textures from the FeedTheBeast version. Once all MT objects have a texture, I will rebrand this post as being a unique fork.

In the meantime, check the commit log (https://github.com/zayuim/IsabellaTest/commits/master) for updates.

texmex

by texmex » Post

That’s great. Good to hear there’s ambition of manual completion, which is always needed in the end. You’re welcome to host the repo at the Minetest Texture Packs Github organization (minetest-mods but for TPs) if you’d like.

zayuim

by zayuim » Post

texmex wrote:That’s great. Good to hear there’s ambition of manual completion, which is always needed in the end. You’re welcome to host the repo at the Minetest Texture Packs Github organization (minetest-mods but for TPs) if you’d like.
I noticed that organization it looks excellent! I like how it puts emphasis on complete packs. I think it could use more promotion to Minetest players, since i found the MT forums conversions (and even original packs) to be incomplete. Don't we have a repo on some sub domain to minetest.net? Will the next version of MT have integration with the repo?

But anyway, how do I join the org and move my repo?

zayuim

by zayuim » Post

twoelk wrote:nice project.
I actually like the generall atmosphere of the textures, although it is somewhat dreary or at least the way I use stone blocks for my buildings appears such.

I would suggest to have all the licence and info files within the texture folder as it gets installed in minetest so that it doesn't get lost and can easily be refered from within an at some point in the future then old minetest installation.
(I do have some old texture packs installed of which I have no further information except for the folder name.)

Below is a picture of the different stone types within Minetest Game.

from left to right:
desert stone
sand stone
stone
desert sand stone
silver sand stone

and from top to bottom:
stone brick
stone block
stone

I would suggest to swap default_desert_stone_brick.png with default_desert_stone_block.png and likewise default_sandstone_brick.png with default_sandstone_block.png

The default_sandstone texture itself might be improved by a little more contrast as the texture merges to a very uniform grey from allready a short distance away.
I took your advice, with the folder structure and have changed it. Changing sandstone is on my todo list, and I will take your advice into consideration.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [16px] Isabella II - Minetest Community Edition

by Chem871 » Post

Would you add support for bronze and mese tools?
What is SCP-055?

texmex

by texmex » Post

Chem871 wrote:Would you add support for bronze and mese tools?
When doing them I suggest reusing the gold grade tools from MC since they have no use in MTG MT. :)

Also, I found a GUI template here that will come in handy for creating formspec backgrounds. :)

In general Isabella II has quite a large mod support which is excellent for when scavenging for textures. :)

zayuim

by zayuim » Post

twoelk wrote:nice project.

Hey!

I just made the swap you suggested and I agree it's better. The converter must've mixed the bricks/blocks up.

However I don't really want to do your last suggestion, As I don't feel like modifying the original textures.

zayuim

by zayuim » Post

Chem871 wrote:Would you add support for bronze and mese tools?
When I get around to it, yes.

zayuim

by zayuim » Post

texmex wrote:That’s great. Good to hear there’s ambition of manual completion, which is always needed in the end. You’re welcome to host the repo at the Minetest Texture Packs Github organization (minetest-mods but for TPs) if you’d like.
Hi texmex! I tried transferring it but is says that I don't have permission to create repos in your organization. Do you know what to do?

texmex

by texmex » Post

Did you use ”Transfer ownership” in the bottom of the repo settings page?

zayuim

by zayuim » Post

texmex wrote:Did you use ”Transfer ownership” in the bottom of the repo settings page?
Yes, and the message I get is:

"You don’t have the permission to create repositories on minetest-texture-packs "

texmex

by texmex » Post

Crappers, my bad! Just visit https://github.com/minetest-texture-packs first to accept invite. After accepting you'll be able to transfer and everything else.

texmex

by texmex » Post

Excellent, keep at it! =)

MTG completion rate: