[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

talamh

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (NYE Countdown Celebration!)

by talamh » Post

Stix wrote:...can anyone tell me which direction from spawn has the closest unclaimed land? I went down one direction for 30 mins without finding any.
South of spawn is probably the least developed direction. You'll need to head about 600-700m from spawn if you are looking to build something large.

talamh

Carts are now working!

by talamh » Post

To test the carts I rode the full length of the North/South route of my underground railway; journey time was 20 minutes and 38 seconds! It's not quite shinkansen speeds but it's a hell of a lot faster than walking!

Entrance to the network is at 88,1.5,-415, head south from spawn castle and turn left at SerVestas house. There is a teleport to the surface every 1k along the rail line.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

They're baaack!

As I'm sure most of you have already noticed, minecarts are again operational! I finally resolved the longstanding "carts bug", and put the final fixes into place on the new mod. To celebrate, rails have been installed through the castle courtyard. And publicworks is patching up the greater railway network throughout the city with the help of Arisha_L :D

The server should be much stabler now. That means no more crashes :)

Happy travelling everyone!

erstazi
GitHub: erstazi
IRC: erstazi
In-game: erstazi

by erstazi » Post

sorcerykid wrote: The server should be much stabler now. That means no more crashes :)
Sadly, it just crashed. Great job on the server. It is fun

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Thanks for the heads up. That was a mistake on my part. I deployed a new mod last night, but it wasn't configured correctly. All should be fixed now.

In other news I tweaked the signs slightly. Text colors are slightly brighter to improve readability. Header/border rows default to a height of 1em. Skin/item cells default to a width of 2em. Also trailing text cells are automatically sized to fill the remaining space, if no row height or column width is specified.

Additionally, I fixed the bug with teleport requests not correctly accounting for armor gain. As long as the target player is wearing diamond helmet, chestplate, leggings, and boots, then the maximum range of the teleport staff will be increased to 2000m.

talamh

by talamh » Post

I can't seem to update my bed position. Every time I die I respawn at my desert stone quarry which is 5k away from where I've set my bed. Given how much desert stone I get through I could respawn in worse places I suppose :)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Have you tried the /home command to ensure your spawnpoint is correctly set after sleeping in the bed?

I'll take a look at the beds mod. However, I'm pretty sure it was working for me just last week. And glancing at the subdirectory, there haven't been any changes to beds since last April.

erstazi

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by erstazi » Post

This server is loads of fun!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Stop, Trophy Time!

No, it's not an M.C. Hammer parody :P

I just finished work on a brand new trophy mod, at the request of Master_CJ who will be holding a PvP tournament this month. I borrowed the model from VenessaE's HomeDecor modpack, then added about 200 lines of code to make trophies truly come to life :D

The inscription information is retained in the node meta and the item meta. So once it is set by the presenter, then the trophy can placed, dug, dropped, and even stored in a chest, and it will always be associated with the winner.

Eventually, I plan to make use of trophies to reward players that have gone above and beyond. I feel as though everyone should have an incentive to push the the boundaries of gameplay, and to be recognized for their accomplishments on JT2!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a quick heads up,

The map file of JT2 is quickly approaching 16 GB, and the tmpfs volume (RAM disk) that is used to store the world data for the production server is only 16 GB. I am investigating whether I can dynamically resize the RAM disk without taking the server offline. If not, then it might be a couple hours of downtime either Wednesday or Thursday to for me to reprovision the server.

Thanks for your patience.

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Amazing job sorcerykid! Thank you for your help! I was beginning to introduce a tournament in Just Test back in April 11, 2015 and had many people involved like maikerumine, and disableclouds, and so many more! But I never got to it so I hope to finish it on this server! I hope many more people can join the Tournament and I wish everyone best of luck :) Maybe I'll host a better one in 2020! Cheers!

erstazi

by erstazi » Post

Hey sorcerykid, is the server offline in maintenance to resize the RAM disk?

Thank you for the server!!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I made a mistake with the resizing of the RAM disk the other day. I'm not sure if there were any adverse affects to the database or any other files. So to play it safe, I opted to restore the entire world directory from yesterday's daily backup. This means there will be several hours of work lost (I'm truly sorry), but at least the database and all other player data from yesterday is fully tact.

I wrote a script to parse the debug log for February 10, so that players will be able to review their activity for the entire day, in case it might help them to rebuild. The links to view those personalized reports will be shown during login (once I bring the server back online).

PS. Incidentally, I kept a copy of the (possibly borked) database that I took offline, and would be glad to WorldEdit in any large builds that players may have spent a lot of time on. Just send me a PM with the coords.

erstazi

by erstazi » Post

Hey sorcerykid! Things like this happen! I am a software engineer and have had databases get corrupted before so I understand. Thankfully, you had backups!

Thanks again and I will see what is missing with my and my son's work. Nothing too serious to replace, to be honest.

Lagger01
GitHub: Lagger01
IRC: Lagger01
In-game: Lagger01

by Lagger01 » Post

why is the server offline?

erstazi

by erstazi » Post

Lagger01 wrote:why is the server offline?
Read the comment by sorcerykid above mine.

Feirefiz
In-game: Ferret2

by Feirefiz » Post

Hi Sorcerykid,

I'm a very new user on your server. Thanks for running the server.

I need to say that I really like the way this world is configured (the mapgen and the mods).

Thanks for your heads up and infos about the database crash and for all your troubles.

The only slightly significant thing I lost in the database crash is a few hours I spent on a deep strip mine (that I had only started on that day). I'm not sure that "WorldEdit" means that you could also restore the contents and the number of chests in my base (containing my mined ores)? If not, then it seems to me that there is no point in you restoring that section of the map to the situation just before the crash, since then I think I would not only lose the ores I mined, but also the ores that are still in the ground at that location.:-) Just a case of bad luck. No problem, it's only a game.:-)

To be honest, I was sort of hoping that the problem would be so big that it would make you decide to restart the server from scratch with a completely new world.:-) Would be interesting as a player to start in that kind of world in its virgin state.

Greetings to Erstazi and all other players I've met in the game.
Last edited by Feirefiz on Mon Feb 11, 2019 17:47, edited 3 times in total.

Lagger01

by Lagger01 » Post

beautiful and frightening at times ... a house of lava, which I have long wanted to build))) and recently built such a house)) and admire the beauty.

talamh

by talamh » Post

talamh digs default:stone at (-3148,-149,-3)
talamh places node jt_mods:meselamp_white at (-3148,-149,-3)

Don't worry folks I replaced the light!

Lagger01

by Lagger01 » Post

thank you so much, Arisha_L, and her daughters, thanks to them, I have a beautiful home, and a smiley face!
Attachments
emGvDVA0.png
emGvDVA0.png (572.7 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Aw man all that work done in the mine :(

erstazi

by erstazi » Post

Master_CJ wrote:Aw man all that work done in the mine :(
Master_CJ: that coordinates you need is -957.7, z, 19.4
-100 to -400 needs restored with WorldEdit, right?
Last edited by erstazi on Wed Feb 13, 2019 01:23, edited 2 times in total.

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

erstazi wrote:
Yes erstazi. Thank you for your help man, I appreciate it a lot.

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Master_CJ wrote:
erstazi wrote:
Yes erstazi. Thank you for your help man, I appreciate it a lot.
Was really upset about it lol. Took a while to get that far into the mine :(

erstazi

by erstazi » Post

No worries! Nemo can use WorldEdit to rebuild your fabulous mine! Just PM her on here. I don't think you can because you only have so many posts. I can PM for you if you want. Do you?