[SERVER] Banana Land [5.1.0-dev]

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

[SERVER] Banana Land [5.1.0-dev]

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Banana Land

bananana.minetest.land 30000

Just a reminder :

Banana Land is a Family-Friendly Survival Server. That means you can find kids among the players.
So, the following Rules apply :

- No Adult/18+ talk (limited swearing is okay if used appropriately)
- No griefing.
- No harrassing.
- PvP can be allowed in certain circumstances but will not become a habit. If you want PvP, go elsewhere.
- No dating
- No roleplay
- Help each other if you can.

This server runs Minetest from the official Github repository, and requires version 5.0.1 or newer.

A number of mods can be found on Banana Land, so your inspiration can be unleashed. You will find it easy to build your own creations.

There is a money system on the server. With Minegeld, you can buy what you need.
Gaining Minegeld? Easy : mine, build... you get 10 Mg per in-game day as long as you're doing stuff.

Gaining Privs to go further in the game will depend on your behavior. So, don't harass Moderators or Admins to get them. This won't work. :) That said, there are exceptions: areas_high_limit, streetlight, and spill privileges may be requested and will be issued on a case-by-case basis.

This server is run by BuckarooBanzai.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [SERVER]Banana Land --- HELP requiered ---

by BBmine » Post

You should be able to send the admin a message in-game using /mail. Also, you can try messaging LadyPyle.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

BBmine wrote:You should be able to send the admin a message in-game using /mail. Also, you can try messaging LadyPyle.
Lady has already tried to join Malaclypse. He does not respond to his in-game mails. :/

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
BBmine wrote:You should be able to send the admin a message in-game using /mail. Also, you can try messaging LadyPyle.
Lady has already tried to join Malaclypse. He does not respond to his in-game mails. :/
I thought she has ban privs.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

BBmine wrote:
JiCeyCraft wrote:
I thought she has ban privs.
Yes, she has.
But the guy was keeping coming back even with an IPBan. :/

Superuser
In-game: Superuser

by Superuser » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote: Yes, she has.
But the guy was keeping coming back even with an IPBan. :/
Hi! I noticed this thread, the server I play on (Blocky Survival) just had a similar issue where a hacker came and used multiple IPs/usernames to wreak havoc on the server. I have a feeling that this is the same person.
I play on blocky survival server
All images on this site are free to use.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:But the guy was keeping coming back even with an IPBan. :/
IF IPBan only bans that one 4 block IP, just next login with the router there is another IP, just last number changed - as a ISP used a block (first 3 numbers) or more of them for a region and its costumers there.

With EUBan the ban is done to 3 Blocks, mean all the other 253 IPs of the same range, most the range of a gamer, is blocked also. I use this at my Server.

Against VPN IPs difficult, but in Combination of NAme Ban should get him/her off ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

But the guy was keeping coming back even with an IPBan
On my server, if the player is repeatedly joining from specific subnets, then I will temporarily block logins from those subnet(s) using an authentication rule like

Code: Select all

try "Sorry, we do not accept logins from $addr at this time."
when $addr is /192.168.13^15.?/a fail
Also, I haven't seen Malaclypse online in quite some time. Then again, I've not been playing as much recently either. I imagine he is busy with life priorities.

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

I wrote a Python script to convert a regular VPN blocklist into iptables entries.

https://github.com/doyousketch2/VPN_blocklist

You can hunt through the "output.txt" file and see if it has relevant IP ranges, then just add those to your server.

https://github.com/doyousketch2/VPN_blo ... output.txt

or add all of 'em if you feel like it, up to you. Skip any VPN addresses you, or your moderators, may use.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Had similar problem with vpn users,

This should help https://github.com/Lejo1/block_vps

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

This past week and these 2 days, the number of impersonators has increased, causing conflicts with other players, bullying, harrasment and that kind of things.

Recently, LadyPyle and I had to remove huge lava flows in the server, hoping it would decrease the Global Lag we have on the server. This did not happen. On the contrary, the multiplication of automated production factories have boosted this Global Lag to the point that the game is quasi-impossible to play.
Today : max_lag=74.6582

Sooner or later, there will be a new "Hometown 0.2".

I said what I had to say.

Piezo_
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by Piezo_ » Post

[nil]
Last edited by Piezo_ on Fri Feb 08, 2019 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
while (true) { suffer(); }

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

bosapara wrote:Had similar problem with vpn users,
This should help https://github.com/...
mods like this and xban2 always seemed counterproductive to me.

IP bans should be done by the system, not the game.

If the server goes through the initial joinplayer routine, then decides to kick them out, that's clock-cycles that could have been used for actual players, instead of wasting it on ones you don't want there in the first place.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:This past week and these 2 days, the number of impersonators has increased, causing conflicts with other players, bullying, harrasment and that kind of things.

Recently, LadyPyle and I had to remove huge lava flows in the server, hoping it would decrease the Global Lag we have on the server. This did not happen. On the contrary, the multiplication of automated production factories have boosted this Global Lag to the point that the game is quasi-impossible to play.
Today : max_lag=74.6582

Sooner or later, there will be a new "Hometown 0.2".

I said what I had to say.
Hello you,
here is the Admin (Thailand) from Server "Celine in Thailand"

flooding with gamers:
check please the mod "no_guests", it will filter most of the mobile cheater apps by filter for names, at me it blocks about 5 gamers a minute, saving a lot of traffic. check one of my last postings with my just running code.
As this mobile cheating Apps are most the reason yet at me.

max_lag=74.6582
max lag is only the problem, as log the lag is real, not just shown after the event.
I mean, when someone is forcing mapgen, lag is active unless he stops exploring,
but after an lag making event is gone, normal the lag sink slow (by special programmed routines), but the game fast usable as normal.
check with maybe mod lagcheck what mod are responsible for this, most top 10 is enough to check out and find solutions. automated production i have a LOT, but most the tubes/pipes without overflow exit are responsible.

I look for your next answer and might help then further, as my lag is back from near 3 to 0.2, as found mistake used pipes, changed the timer and chance from some heavy mods like moretrees, monsters, ...

good luck

edit: a closed for new gamers like at me, can you give "Thailand" a visa ? so I can look with some time live

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

Malaclypse hasn't been on for almost a month. I've disabled registrations a few days ago.

if he doesn't show up soon, i fear bananalands future, i am sure VanessaE doesn't want to have keep an eye on it too, I am sure as heck that I don't want to return to being it's owner.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Yeah, I take a strict hands-off approach to the server. I only host it, I do not manage it.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

@Festus1965 Problem is :
I am only a simple player, so can do few things.
LadyPyle seems to be the only MODerator online.
*grits teeth*

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There will be no moderators anymore. Effective immediately, Bananaland is no more. In cooperation with the account holder, backups have been made, and the Bananaland server has been shut down.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

VanessaE wrote:There will be no moderators anymore. Effective immediately, Bananaland is no more. In cooperation with the account holder, backups have been made, and the Bananaland server has been shut down.
That mean "Account holder" is may be also the Admin even doesn't want anymore ? Otherwise the post is strange.

So bad Luck, but maybe remember my solutions if some day ... good Luck all.

LadyPyle ... if search a new job haha, no take a off and relax !
JiCeyCraft ... thanks for your "inbound", most just change server ... good luck also.

I am just testing server 5.0, and so far running, but when i log in ... gone ... hard work, so be nice to admins, it IS a hard job.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

VanessaE wrote:There will be no moderators anymore. Effective immediately, Bananaland is no more. In cooperation with the account holder, backups have been made, and the Bananaland server has been shut down.
Is there a way to get a copy of our builds? Or at least bring the server online in non-interact mode for a couple days so that players can download their builds? I spent many weeks constructing a city, and would be disappointed to think all that hard work was for naught.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The "account holder" refers to the person who owns and controls the Bananaland files hosted on my machine. He's on the forum, so he can speak up if he wants (I have pinged him).

Sorry, the backup will not be made available to the public, and as far as I know, there's no reasonable way to run a Minetest server in a read-only state. We already have bad actors out there who will just download the map files, or capture them in-client from a running server. Bringing it back online would just encourage someone to do that and then turn around and try to *host* the captured data as a new server.

It's not that the server owner is uninterested, it's that Bananaland has turned into a unfixable mess of a broken world, broken mods, and bad players. Sorry guys.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Is there a way to get a copy of our builds? Or at least bring the server online in non-interact mode for a couple days so that players can download their builds? I spent many weeks constructing a city, and would be disappointed to think all that hard work was for naught.
.....the Mines of Moria, Lorien, Lady's Mansion, Diagon Alley, SpaceStation Horizon, Stairsway to Heaven, Fortress Tear.....

Difficult and hard decision. And wise also in the same time.
Nevertheless, it hurts. (That's life, after all).

I just hope that Lady will contact me soon, in here. *crosses fingers*

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

This is why at my client always copy world is ON, so everything I haver have seen in the game, is also saved on my hdd. But only in emergency for my own building.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

VanessaE wrote:Sorry, the backup will not be made available to the public, and as far as I know, there's no reasonable way to run a Minetest server in a read-only state. We already have bad actors out there who will just download the map files, or capture them in-client from a running server. Bringing it back online would just encourage someone to do that and then turn around and try to *host* the captured data as a new server.
I'm confused. If the account holder owns and controls the Bananaland files then wouldn't it be the account holder's decision whether to make the backup available or to allow someone else to host a copy of the map?

Btw, I do have local map saves, but only from before December. It would just be nice to have a more recent copy of my builds.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Festus1965 wrote:This is why at my client always copy world is ON, so everything I haver have seen in the game, is also saved on my hdd. But only in emergency for my own building.
HEH? O.o
I didn't know that you could save.
How do you make it, already?