[SERVER] Banana Land [5.1.0-dev]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [SERVER]Banana Land --- HELP requiered ---

by VanessaE » Post

Let me rephrase that -- *I* won't make the backup file available, as it's not a routine backup - it's a raw copy of the whole account, for paranoia/emergency reasons (i.e. it has non-minetest data too, in case something else goes cockeyed). The account holder is welcome to do as he sees fit with the server data. If he wants to make the map downloadable and/or pass Bananaland to someone else to host and manage, that's up to him.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Thanks for the clarification VanessaE. I'll see if I can get a hold of the owner then. Sorry for all troubles you've been dealing with. I hope you have a pleasant day.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No worries.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

In the search for "sanctuary server", I check if the installed MODs look like "Banana", if you get what I mean. So, I am very selective for my choices. I don't want Lady and her :) "gang" feel "left-aside" and, to start fresh promptly, the materials needed have to be similar. Also, in consideration, we are used to several people online, not crowds.

Lady, if you read this, my personal fave servers choices are :

- Blue World
- Xanadu
Respond, please?
Last edited by JiCeyCraft on Fri Feb 01, 2019 17:39, edited 3 times in total.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
Festus1965 wrote:This is why at my client always copy world is ON, so everything I haver have seen in the game, is also saved on my hdd. But only in emergency for my own building.
HEH? O.o
I didn't know that you could save.
How do you make it, already?
just for .net client 0.4.17.1 ubuntu
* settings page
* advanced settings
* open + client
* open there + Network
* "enable local map saving" to true
so you get in your world folder a lot (depends on how much server visited) folders, names with "server_servername_ipaddress" and each a map.sqlite inside.

They are good enough to start a copy of it as server (but remind, you need to remember also main mods and catch them not to get just unknown blocks)

but mainly it works - I could capture all my builds out from "projekt-hirnfrei" for Example. I have about 30 folders at me.

But you only saved, and never updated, what you last have visited, mean that blocks ever had been sent to you in the game.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Another good server dead. Guess I really will be playing on just test now.

|FGH|
In-game: FGH

by |FGH| » Post

Banana Land became trash after Vortallin disappeared.I think they deleted it now.Minetest is not the same as it was back in 2016 and it's slowly dying
I am the admin of Blazecraft,I'm recluting moderators
Last update:12/02/2019

Festus1965

[SERVER]Banana Land (gone, off) - no backup availiable

by Festus1965 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Let me rephrase that -- *I* won't make the backup file available, as it's not a routine backup - it's a raw copy of the whole account, for paranoia/emergency reasons (i.e. it has non-minetest data too, in case something else goes cockeyed). The account holder is welcome to do as he sees fit with the server data. If he wants to make the map downloadable and/or pass Bananaland to someone else to host and manage, that's up to him.
At "Wildes Land" it took us a year to get that working full copy - too late (people are gone).

So old gamers from this server - wait maybe 2 weeks, fast search and show like "JiCeyCraft" options what servers might be similar, and then don't wait anymore and go there together if you had fun together before.

Sorry to say, but then the old admin don't want, even it is possible with some work - but also don't visit or choose his new same world, as he showed up, the he don't want (to work) = mean not worth to trust himagain.
Last edited by Festus1965 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

Walkergrae@yahoo.com
In-game: Walkergrae

by Walkergrae@yahoo.com » Post

Well this is a sad turn of events. Was my favourite Minetest server. Any chance it'll be back or any suggestions on a new server?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Although the server data has been carefully preserved, Bananaland is not expected to return.

Since you asked, feel free to try one of my servers. They are all on daconcepts.com, at one of these ports:

Dreambuilder Creative: 30000 (high-resource)
Dreambuilder Survival: 30001 (high-resource, some server lag from all the Technic stuff in use)
Nostalgia: 30002 (low-resource, looks/acts like Minetest 0.2.x)
Basic Plus: 30005 (low-resource)
Creative Building: 30008 (low-resource)
Skyblock: 30009 (hardcore, low-resource, using Rnd's "Skyblock redo" modpack)

The two "high-resource" servers only work well on decent, modern PC's, while the "low-resource" ones are good for mobile devices (phone, tablet, laptop/notebook) as well as PC's. All run in survival mode except for the obvious two. All of them are hosted on a dedicated server at a datacenter in France.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

VanessaE wrote:Although the server data has been carefully preserved, Bananaland is not expected to return.

Since you asked, feel free to try one of my servers. They are all on daconcepts.com, at one of these ports:

Dreambuilder Creative: 30000 (high-resource)
Dreambuilder Survival: 30001 (high-resource, some server lag from all the Technic stuff in use)
Nostalgia: 30002 (low-resource, looks/acts like Minetest 0.2.x)
Basic Plus: 30005 (low-resource)
Creative Building: 30008 (low-resource)
Skyblock: 30009 (hardcore, low-resource, using Rnd's "Skyblock redo" modpack)

The two "high-resource" servers only work well on decent, modern PC's, while the "low-resource" ones are good for mobile devices (phone, tablet, laptop/notebook) as well as PC's. All run in survival mode except for the obvious two. All of them are hosted on a dedicated server at a datacenter in France.
Woah... I didn't know we had so powerful servers in France. Well, maybe we are good at something, after all. :)
BTW : last time I played on your Skyblock, there were spills of water and lava everywhere. My bad, also, in this matter, I failed to contain the "cobble generator" : I think I fell from the platform and died. :(

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Although the server data has been carefully preserved, Bananaland is not expected to return.
It's nice to see you toned down your reply. I planned to respond because it sounded awfully harsh, but reloaded the page and noticed it had been edited :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

last time I played on your Skyblock, there were spills of water and lava everywhere
Yeah, that's just the nature of the game. When you're just starting out, there's little you can do to "contain" water and lava that you have to spill, so much of the clouds below are so-covered.

Later-on, you'll be able to build something better, and then use some buckets to move the lava and water sources as needed (then go back and clean-up the mess). Once I got to that point, I built a small under-island structure out of bricks and glass, with everything completely enclosed, using a mover and keypad for harvesting.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Skyblock: my daughter when 7 years did it very well, better than me as I didn't want to use so much time,

but for training to play minetest with use of most things, perfect start.

Choose a server where you see the admin regulary on,
see maybe some moderators active
mean all the world is supported, otherwise you will have same like here again ... gone.

Superuser
In-game: Superuser

by Superuser » Post

hmmm, don't you have rollback?
it seems not
I play on blocky survival server
All images on this site are free to use.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Rollback gets problematic on busy servers, especially those with lots of automation (technic/mesecons/pipeworks for example). The log database quickly grows large (tens of GB), so you have to trim it down to a reasonable amount of history, periodically, using sqlite commands at each server reboot.

It's also only suitable for undoing small amounts of damage caused by a few individuals, e.g recent griefing. You can't use it to bulk-restore large events.

Cussock
In-game: Cussock

by Cussock » Post

On this topic, does anyone know where I can find LadyPyle nowadays? I was a good friend of hers, and I wouldn't want to lose her from that server if it's down.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

She can sometimes be found on my Skyblock server (30009), though I know she's on 0.4.17, so she'll need to update her Minetest build to get back on, as I just upgraded my servers to 5.0.0-dev.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

[REDACTED] You didn't see anything. It's not my fault they play the same severs (are both staff) and have similar nicks!
Last edited by GreenXenith on Tue Feb 05, 2019 06:58, edited 2 times in total.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

KatzEyez
GitHub: KatzPetz
IRC: LadyK
In-game: LadyK

by KatzEyez » Post

I am not LadyPyle, sorry. I am only LadyK. I am on Undercore as GreenDimond mentioned. LadyPyle has also made an appearance there. Sorry for any confusion.
Why wish upon a star when you can pray to the one who created it.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

KatzEyez wrote:I am not LadyPyle, sorry. I am only LadyK. I am on Undercore as GreenDimond mentioned. LadyPyle has also made an appearance there. Sorry for any confusion.
I am glad to meet someone from Undercore.
I am using a CSM (FriendlyChat), in MineTest 0.4.17.1, to manage the players contacting me on servers' chats.
Recently, I connected Undercore and I was instantly banned forever due to this CSM.
I would like to use only 0.4.16 witout CSM to re-connect Undercore.

Can some MODerator un-ban me, please? :(
I connected as JiCeyPlay.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

KatzEyez wrote:I am not LadyPyle, sorry. I am only LadyK. I am on Undercore as GreenDimond mentioned. LadyPyle has also made an appearance there. Sorry for any confusion.
She was also on Blue World, 2 days ago.
And no news then after. :/

HelloDefender12
GitHub: HD12
IRC: HD12
In-game: SlendowManX

by HelloDefender12 » Post

My Favourite server is gone :(
Last edited by HelloDefender12 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
I am glad to meet someone from Undercore.
I am using a CSM (FriendlyChat), in MineTest 0.4.17.1, to manage the players contacting me on servers' chats.
Recently, I connected Undercore and I was instantly banned forever due to this CSM.
yea, it couldn't have been that CSM that did it. There's no way, all it does is color chat. Maybe a different CSM, but certainly not this one, 'cuz I'm using it, and having no issues logging in.

https://github.com/doyousketch2/friendly_chat

VanessaE

[SERVER] VanessaE's Banana Land

by VanessaE » Post

There was a post here informing everyone that Bananaland had been brought back from the dead, but that post was lost when the forums crashed.

So yeah, thanks to efforts by CWz and deezl (and me :-) ), BL is back and running well. All mods are up-to-date, and it runs on Minetest 5.0.1 now. We started a new spawn and surrounding town, too, a bit more than a week ago, as the existing city was overcrowded. It sits about 2.5km southwest of the old city (via the main south highway and then a major west-bound artery, or travelnet).

daconcepts.com port 31009