[Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by TechNolaByte » Post

found 2 bugs probably because of how text is done in formspecs
1. typing \(or maybe /) in the renaming block or search bar will make that text bar disappear until the formspec is reloaded(exit and enter works)
2. accidently hitting [ while typing in one of the text bars crashes game
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:found 2 bugs probably because of how text is done in formspecs
1. typing \(or maybe /) in the renaming block or search bar will make that text bar disappear until the formspec is reloaded(exit and enter works)
2. accidently hitting [ while typing in one of the text bars crashes game
Thank you. I completely forgot about formspec characters.
Fixed.
RSLRedstonier wrote:Hmm I wonder, it might not be possible as storage draws use objects instead of an inventory, but do you think you could possibly modify this code to make a second storage interface that works with drawers? maybe even make that block able to connect to the main storage interface

edit- if you do find a way please let it support the fork of storage drawers that has upgrades for the drawers
Another storage interface would be possible, but I think something completely different would be better like the drawer controller from mc. For now I haven't planed to support drawers since it is a little bit difficult because of the compacting drawers and the way how items get stored.
Can your read this?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

this might be a little easier than drawers but might still not be possible
could the chest from this mod get supported?
viewtopic.php?id=3053
I don't think it would be as easy as adding its id to the lists maybe have it only supporting already created tabs might be easier

there's no way i would be capable of doing it. Think you could?
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

cx384

by cx384 » Post

RSLRedstonier wrote:this might be a little easier than drawers but might still not be possible
could the chest from this mod get supported?
viewtopic.php?id=3053
I don't think it would be as easy as adding its id to the lists maybe have it only supporting already created tabs might be easier

there's no way i would be capable of doing it. Think you could?
Well, as far as I know infinite chests don't store items in the default meta inventory, so adding it to the "storage_interface.storage_nodes" table wouldn't work. But if you just want a giant storage I could add a node for creative mode which can be accessed only with the storage_interface.
Can your read this?

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

cx384 wrote:But if you just want a giant storage I could add a node for creative mode which can be accessed only with the storage_interface.
that would be very useful as it lags a lot with around 50 or so gold chests from technic_chests

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

also plz add support for the trash can from pipeworks and using the inscriber on it

cx384

by cx384 » Post

I will probably work on that.
Can your read this?

Lord_Vlad

by Lord_Vlad » Post

This is really awesome.

Sometimes it just doesn't load all my chests, but some of them are quite far away.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Lord_Vlad wrote:This is really awesome.

Sometimes it just doesn't load all my chests, but some of them are quite far away.
yeah I have noticed an issue where ill have 1 network but 2 interfaces far away if the chests are unloaded stuff gets weird

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Did anyone work on the performance? Adding something to a 6k storage takes dozens of seconds which hangs whole server for a while.

cx384

by cx384 » Post

neko259 wrote:Did anyone work on the performance? Adding something to a 6k storage takes dozens of seconds which hangs whole server for a while.
Thank you for your response. I didn't think about that anyone would use this mod and it is a long time ago since the last edit but eventually I will try to make it faster. Maybe the performance could be improved but it is probably not possible to make it a lot faster, because the items are actually stored in separate node meta inventories, all of which need to be accessed every time.

I thought about a maximum connection limit (which could be increased by connecting expensive interface processors or something like that). This would make bigger storage nodes (technic chests) and cables more useful. But I wanted to keep this mod simple.
What do you think? A 6k storage (188 default chests, 594k items of the same kind) is a fairly big storage. On some servers it is even laggy to open a single chest.
Can your read this?

neko259

by neko259 » Post

cx384 wrote:Thank you for your response. I didn't think about that anyone would use this mod and it is a long time ago since the last edit but eventually I will try to make it faster. Maybe the performance could be improved but it is probably not possible to make it a lot faster, because the items are actually stored in separate node meta inventories, all of which need to be accessed every time.

I thought about a maximum connection limit (which could be increased by connecting expensive interface processors or something like that). This would make bigger storage nodes (technic chests) and cables more useful. But I wanted to keep this mod simple.
What do you think? A 6k storage (188 default chests, 594k items of the same kind) is a fairly big storage. On some servers it is even laggy to open a single chest.
I made some improvements to the connected nodes method performance, don't remember if I made a pull request. The other methods are too complicated for me to try understanding and optimizing them, sorry. The other idea is to connect nodes only when something changed, possibly make a "refresh" button to the storage, instead of connecting them again and again on every operation.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Added a pull request.