Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

User avatar
-sniper-
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 16:13
GitHub: JostP
IRC: sniper-
In-game: -sniper- and JostP
Location: Europe

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by -sniper- » Post

Enrikoo wrote:
-sniper- wrote:Update of Tunnel map:
  • Added 15 chests in each base.
+ Spoiler
tunnel.zip
Original map: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19729&p=342355#p342355
Huh?
You made it with much mess? How insane.
XD
Yes it looks messy, but there are chests now :)

User avatar
ANAND
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by ANAND » Post

I suggest adding a separate "room" for chests within the indestructible walls. So many chests inside the base really is messy. But make sure that room is big - you don't want 15 players squished into a 3x3x3 room ;)

User avatar
-sniper-
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 16:13
GitHub: JostP
IRC: sniper-
In-game: -sniper- and JostP
Location: Europe

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by -sniper- » Post

ANAND wrote:I suggest adding a separate "room" for chests within the indestructible walls. So many chests inside the base really is messy. But make sure that room is big - you don't want 15 players squished into a 3x3x3 room ;)
Good idea, i will try to do this.

Enrikoo
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Enrikoo » Post

Minor+ Update Broken Mountains

- replace wooden sword with stone sword
- you will get 40 cobble stone instead 30 if you get respawned
broken_mountains.zip
(412.1 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Click here to review

Code: Select all

team.1.color = red
team.1 = red
team.1.pos = (-47,26,60)
team.2.pos = (4,12,-69)
team.2.color = blue
author = Enrico
hint = Either bridge or swim to enemy.
rotation = x
h = 180
team.2 = blue
name = Broken Mountains
initial_stuff = default:pick_stone,default:sword_stone,default:torch 4,default:cobble 40
r = 120
Image
Last edited by Enrikoo on Tue Feb 12, 2019 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
-sniper-
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 16:13
GitHub: JostP
IRC: sniper-
In-game: -sniper- and JostP
Location: Europe

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by -sniper- » Post

I made new map, called Hunting season.
Here is PR: https://github.com/MT-CTF/maps/pull/24

Enrikoo
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Enrikoo » Post

Minor Update Broken Mountains

- you will get 30 sticks if you will be respawned (used to make ladders to prevent suicide)
broken_mountains.zip
(412.11 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Click here to review

Code: Select all

team.1.color = red
team.1 = red
team.1.pos = (-47,26,60)
team.2.pos = (4,12,-69)
team.2.color = blue
author = Enrico
hint = Either bridge or swim to enemy.
rotation = x
h = 180
team.2 = blue
name = Broken Mountains
initial_stuff = default:pick_stone,default:sword_stone,default:torch 4,default:cobble 40,default:stick 30
r = 120

Brian Gaucher
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 01:56
GitHub: BrianGaucher
In-game: Camasia

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Brian Gaucher » Post

- you will get 30 sticks if you will be respawned (used to make ladders to prevent suicide)
Why not just give them ladders directly?
Current projects: Making a CTF map, Learning C++, Learning Programmer's Dvorak

Enrikoo
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Enrikoo » Post

Brian Gaucher wrote:
- you will get 30 sticks if you will be respawned (used to make ladders to prevent suicide)
Why not just give them ladders directly?
Nice idea but you can do many things with stick in which you make items such as steel pickaxe and etc.

Brian Gaucher
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 01:56
GitHub: BrianGaucher
In-game: Camasia

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Brian Gaucher » Post

Monolithic mountain is complete. Github: Monolithic Mountain PR. It is ready to be reviewed, and hopefully approved.
Current projects: Making a CTF map, Learning C++, Learning Programmer's Dvorak

User avatar
Karl der ...
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 18:18
In-game: gameit

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Karl der ... » Post

Big Ocean

On most maps you play on a land with small seas or rivers, but what if the hole map is out of water and has only a few islands and ships?

This is not like the other maps, it's another way to use the options of Minetest.
There are still ice-, grass-, jungle-, forest-, and desertbiomes, but no waterbiome.

The map Big Ocean will change it:
Image
Attachments
screenshot_20190705_071419.png
(958.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
big_ocean.zip
(18.54 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
I like CTF

User avatar
-sniper-
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 16:13
GitHub: JostP
IRC: sniper-
In-game: -sniper- and JostP
Location: Europe

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by -sniper- » Post

Pull request on GitHub for gameit's/Karl der ...'s map: https://github.com/MT-CTF/maps/pull/35

User avatar
Karl der ...
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 18:18
In-game: gameit

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Karl der ... » Post

-sniper- wrote:Pull request on GitHub for gameit's/Karl der ...'s map: https://github.com/MT-CTF/maps/pull/35
I can remove the stone, but the steel pick-axe isn't important that way.

Under a real ocean are much things like coal and iron. If I make ores in the stone too, the map would be more realistic and you can use the steel pick-axe to mine.

What is the better way??
I like CTF

User avatar
-sniper-
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 16:13
GitHub: JostP
IRC: sniper-
In-game: -sniper- and JostP
Location: Europe

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by -sniper- » Post

Karl der ... wrote:
I can remove the stone, but the steel pick-axe isn't important that way.

Under a real ocean are much things like coal and iron. If I make ores in the stone too, the map would be more realistic and you can use the steel pick-axe to mine.

What is the better way??
Maybe would be better if you add ores to stone under the ocean. Remove steel sword from spawn items as steel sword is given as initial_stuff on maps where mining is not possible.
You should make indestructible barrier on the middle of map under the ocean so tunneling will be impossible.
It is your decision.

Note: I am not official reviewer, ANAND, Thomas-S, Rubenwardy and Gael_de_Sally are.

User avatar
Karl der ...
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 18:18
In-game: gameit

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Karl der ... » Post

-sniper- wrote:
Karl der ... wrote:
I can remove the stone, but the steel pick-axe isn't important that way.

Under a real ocean are much things like coal and iron. If I make ores in the stone too, the map would be more realistic and you can use the steel pick-axe to mine.

What is the better way??
Maybe would be better if you add ores to stone under the ocean. Remove steel sword from spawn items as steel sword is given as initial_stuff on maps where mining is not possible.
You should make indestructible barrier on the middle of map under the ocean so tunneling will be impossible.
It is your decision.
You are right with the steel swords and mining, but I want to make a map where every player has the same chance to kill the other.
If only pros have a steel sword because they are better than the other player, like on the most maps, it's not so fair like everybody have the same kind of swords.
I like CTF

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Zalera » Post

Hi RubenWardy.

I would like if you put this map on your game.

It's called Sea of Thieves - a war of sailors/pirates...
The main ship - there's the team's flag.
Image

Sea Monsters that you can plan good strategies by getting inside of it.
Image

The island contains little secrets in its bowels... Dig and you'll find a prize.
Image

A working version of Sea of Thieves map. I've decided to remove the watchtowers. But you can climb up the sea monster and use your imagination to attack your enemy ;).
Last edited by Zalera on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:25, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Zalera » Post

I've got a serious problem: why the map is sending me to another location - very far away from flags?
How can I fix this?
Image

Enrikoo
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Enrikoo » Post

Zalera wrote:I've got a serious problem: why the map is sending me to another location - very far away from flags?
How can I fix this?
Image
This bugs look different for me. For me it loads in a weird location, so there might be .conf issues.

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Zalera » Post

Enrikoo wrote:
Zalera wrote:I've got a serious problem: why the map is sending me to another location - very far away from flags?
How can I fix this?
Image
This bugs look different for me. For me it loads in a weird location, so there might be .conf issues.
The world is 220 nodes. But I added the flags to the location, but it didn't work. Also I edidted on map's .conf and it stay on the same location... :\.

User avatar
-sniper-
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 16:13
GitHub: JostP
IRC: sniper-
In-game: -sniper- and JostP
Location: Europe

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by -sniper- » Post

Code: Select all

team.2.pos = (117,5,-133)
team.1.pos = (-116,4,130)
This is wrong, try with changing coordinates (decrease numbers).
And map isn't full, monster is missing for example. Probably map wasn't converted correct.
Boat can't be given as initial_stuff because there is no mod for boat in CTF game.

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Zalera » Post

-sniper- wrote:

Code: Select all

team.2.pos = (117,5,-133)
team.1.pos = (-116,4,130)
This is wrong, try with changing coordinates (decrease numbers).
And map isn't full, monster is missing for example. Probably map wasn't converted correct.
Boat can't be given as initial_stuff because there is no mod for boat in CTF game.
Don't worry - I've deal with it. Also there was an error about flags - but I've fixed it by using *.conf file... Now I'm going to upload the map I've made :_).

Sea Of Thieves Map is ready

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Zalera » Post

Sea of Thieves Map. Ready to play.

Image

Image

Image

Here's the map for download.

Have fun :).

Edited: Boats removed.
Last edited by Zalera on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:25, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Zalera » Post

-sniper- wrote:

Code: Select all

team.2.pos = (117,5,-133)
team.1.pos = (-116,4,130)
This is wrong, try with changing coordinates (decrease numbers).
And map isn't full, monster is missing for example. Probably map wasn't converted correct.
Boat can't be given as initial_stuff because there is no mod for boat in CTF game.
Ok, so I'll remove boats:boat item. Ok then. And thank you so much. Your advise is useful.

GlitchMinetest
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 09:49
IRC: GlitchIRC
In-game: Glitch

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by GlitchMinetest » Post

Hello Rubenwardy
I've made a map for CTF.
I had some mod problems so I've made a rectangle around the map and I've made Cobblestone platforms(5x5)
i hope you can make something out of it
The map is called Two Floating Islands
Here is the download link: https://srv-file4.gofile.io/download/wYqAI5/CTF_MAP.zip
(its a .zip file (extract and then add to "worlds" in minetest))
Can you add a death-zone, when you fall down please?
There are some tiny islands for treasure chests.
Every island have a cave(mine), three trees and a small lake with river water (the treasure islands not)
Screenshot:Image
If you want to say or ask something, then write me an email to glitchminetest@openmailbox.org

Yours sincerely
Glitch

User avatar
Karl der ...
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 18:18
In-game: gameit

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by Karl der ... » Post

GlitchMinetest wrote:Hello Rubenwardy
I've made a map for CTF.
I had some mod problems so I've made a rectangle around the map and I've made Cobblestone platforms(5x5)
i hope you can make something out of it
The map is called Two Floating Islands
Here is the download link: https://srv-file4.gofile.io/download/wYqAI5/CTF_MAP.zip
(its a .zip file (extract and then add to "worlds" in minetest))
Can you add a death-zone, when you fall down please?
There are some tiny islands for treasure chests.
Every island have a cave(mine), three trees and a small lake with river water (the treasure islands not)
Screenshot:Image
If you want to say or ask something, then write me an email to glitchminetest@openmailbox.org

Yours sincerely
Glitch
It sounds not bad, but if you fall down you "bones" will be there too. But you can't get it back, so after a few people fall down there aren't swords or guns anymore. That's a problem.
I like CTF

GlitchMinetest
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 09:49
IRC: GlitchIRC
In-game: Glitch

Re: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

by GlitchMinetest » Post

Karl der ... wrote:
GlitchMinetest wrote:Hello Rubenwardy
I've made a map for CTF.
I had some mod problems so I've made a rectangle around the map and I've made Cobblestone platforms(5x5)
i hope you can make something out of it
The map is called Two Floating Islands
Here is the download link: https://srv-file4.gofile.io/download/wYqAI5/CTF_MAP.zip
(its a .zip file (extract and then add to "worlds" in minetest))
Can you add a death-zone, when you fall down please?
There are some tiny islands for treasure chests.
Every island have a cave(mine), three trees and a small lake with river water (the treasure islands not)
Screenshot:Image
If you want to say or ask something, then write me an email to glitchminetest@openmailbox.org

Yours sincerely
Glitch
It sounds not bad, but if you fall down you "bones" will be there too. But you can't get it back, so after a few people fall down there aren't swords or guns anymore. That's a problem.
I thought, i can make water at the ground and when you fall down, you fall into the water.
then you can swim up the falling water and are back again on your island.
there's a wall in the middle so nobody can go to the other side.
Ich spreche übrigens Deutsch

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LibraSubtilis and 1 guest